StanLCFC

2016/2017 FA Cup Fourth Round Draw And Match Chat

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, roversgirl said:

I agree with the above but we also have priorities (staying up) but played our best 11 and then once the game was won made some changes. That's how it should be done in my opinion, possibly the odd change to the usual 11 but not wholesale changes. Newcastle and Liverpool for example could have still rested a couple of key players yesterday but still put out a much stronger team who are likely to have won. 

But do they want to win and have another fixture which would then put an important league fixture into midweek and cause more congestion?

I find it hard to believe that Benitez would have been too cut up about going out, perhaps the manner of the loss was the most disappointing.

3 minutes ago, TheManInBlack said:

But do they want to win and have another fixture which would then put an important league fixture into midweek and cause more congestion?

I find it hard to believe that Benitez would have been too cut up about going out, perhaps the manner of the loss was the most disappointing.

That's the point though, they shouldn't be arsed about another fixture because the appeal of the cup should be enough to see them win.

The devaluation of the FA Cup has led to this poor attitude, it's happened with us, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle this season alone.

Disappointing, while the cup is not a priority to lose and play badly against a second division side breaks the momentum a bit:

Woeful performance again, and while we're struck by injury, we shouldn't be outclassed in every aspect by a League 1 side. Don''t see Walter making it to season's end, he's just not cut out for English football.

2 hours ago, chrisgooner said:

Millwall fans booing the injured keeper.  Tossers

And they also booed a player when he was genuinely injured and needed treatment. Such classy fans.

Sutton currently beating Leeds (reserves)!

Edited by roversgirl

The gap is almost closed, the FA Cup is almost as worthless as the League cup

Millwall, Fulham & Sutton complete a treble of upsets today. 

Wonder if Wigan can do the same later...

Happy for Sutton there (one of my local teams), hope they get a big draw.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That's the point though, they shouldn't be arsed about another fixture because the appeal of the cup should be enough to see them win.

The devaluation of the FA Cup has led to this poor attitude, it's happened with us, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle this season alone.

Unfortunately not the way it works with the money available for winning promotion. 

Everton don't really fit in that category, they put out a full strength side and just got beaten, same as we did.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Everton don't really fit in that category, they put out a full strength side and just got beaten, same as we did.

Clear intentions to keep everyone fit and keep the tempo as low as possible. There's no coincidence is us losing in the first round against Leicester and the second round against Norwich this season. The aim is very much on securing European football through a strong league position.

6 hours ago, roversgirl said:

And they also booed a player when he was genuinely injured and needed treatment. Such classy fans.

Sutton currently beating Leeds (reserves)!

Yeah that was what  I meant.  Some of them were booing the keeper when he was stretchered of. To be fair it was only a few most were clapping. 

Will be absolutely seething if we don't take Wednesday seriously. Would totally sum up the negative mindset about the club if we bowed out to focus on Sunday - even though it can be viewed as a brilliant chance to be successful in the cup this year and a springboard for our league form.

Great goal by Gray to put Leicester through. 

Well played Derby. 

That was a lot better from us. To be honest with the side Derby had out it would've been a bit of a disaster if we'd gone out but we played well tonight I thought, awful first half but gradually grew into it and played some decent stuff.

Would've been a bit of a travesty if we'd lost tonight to be honest. Some ridiculous decisions against us.

Millwall away next round. They'll fancy their chances I reckon but we'll still go into it favourites. We have to view this as a great opportunity.

Edited by The Foxes