StanLCFC

2016/2017 FA Cup Fourth Round Draw And Match Chat

98 posts in this topic

Draw taking place tomorrow at 7pm. Live on BBC and BT Sport 2.

Ball Numbers:

1 Ipswich Town or Lincoln City
2 Rochdale
3 Manchester United 
4 Hull City 
5 Sunderland or Burnley
6 Blackburn Rovers
7 Millwall
8 Manchester City
9 Brighton & Hove Albion
10 Blackpool or Barnsley
11 Wigan Athletic or Nottingham Forest
12 Birmingham City or Newcastle United
13 Chelsea 
14 Middlesbrough 
15 Derby County 
16 Leicester City 
17 Liverpool or Plymouth Argyle 
18 Wycombe Wanderers
19 Watford
20 Arsenal
21 Fulham
22 Wolverhampton Wanderers
23 Cambridge United or Leeds United 
24 Bristol City or Fleetwood Town
25 Huddersfield Town
26 Tottenham Hotspur
27 Brentford
28 Bolton Wanderers or Crystal Palace
29 Norwich City or Southampton
30 Sutton United or AFC Wimbledon

I have a bad feeling we will get some shit away draw.

If we get one of the top six I will be disgusted.

We've had six Premier League teams in a row in the FA Cup, after years of having hardly any when out the league. Is this the time for that run to end? I'll say not. I reckon Watford at home.

I'd be absolutely delighted with Brentford or Fulham away, both very winnable, not been to either and we'd take loads to both. Ideal kind of fixture for this round.

If we get Spurs again I'm calling fix.

Full draw:

Tottenham vs Wycombe

Derby vs Leicester

Oxford vs Newcastle/Birmingham

Wimbledon/Sutton vs Cambridge/Leeds

Plymouth/Liverpool vs Wolves

Southampton/Norwich vs Arsenal

Lincoln/Ipswich vs Brighton

Chelsea vs Brentford

Man Utd vs Wigan

Millwall vs Watford

Rochdale vs Huddersfield

Burnley/Sunderland vs Fleetwood/Bristol City

Blackburn vs Barnsley/Blackpool

Fulham vs Hull

Middlesbrough vs Accrington Stanley

Crystal Palace/Bolton vs Man City

GET THE FUCK IN THERE

That's a poor round for TV.

Soton/Norwich v Arsenal and Chelsea v Brentford are shoe ins for selection, no doubt United will get on and probably Palace/Bolton v City though I'd probably plump for Millwall v Watford if I were in charge.

Ours will surely be on.

Chelsea away. Beauuuutiful

I think it'll be:

Lincoln vs Brighton (if Lincoln get through)

Derby vs Leicester 

Man Utd vs Wigan

Chelsea vs Brentford

Oxford vs Birmingham/Newcastle

There's A LOT of league games on the Tuesday (28th Jan) so either they'll be moved or the majority of ties are played on the Saturday. 

Seeing as we're the only Derby game in the tie and it's a "David vs Goliath" game I can't imagine we won't be on the box. Not to mention Chelseas spending vs our "moneyball" approach 

1 hour ago, StanLCFC said:

Full draw:

Tottenham vs Wycombe

Derby vs Leicester

Oxford vs Newcastle/Birmingham

Wimbledon/Sutton vs Cambridge/Leeds

Plymouth/Liverpool vs Wolves

Lincoln/Ipswich vs Brighton

Chelsea vs Brentford

Man Utd vs Wigan

Millwall vs Watford

Rochdale vs Huddersfield

Burnley/Sunderland vs Fleetwood/Bristol City

Blackburn vs Barnsley/Blackpool

Fulham vs Hull

Middlesbrough vs Accrington Stanley

Crystal Palace/Bolton vs Man City

Italics are those I feel should be televised.

Bold are those I think will be picked for TV coverage.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

3 hours ago, Cark said:

Seeing as we're the only Derby game in the tie and it's a "David vs Goliath" game I can't imagine we won't be on the box. Not to mention Chelseas spending vs our "moneyball" approach 

You trying to get a bite or what :lols:

12 hours ago, Cark said:

Chelsea away. Beauuuutiful

Post the video please :lols: from the 2-2 draw back in the 2013

It's no glamour tie for us but its a good draw in that we can realistically progress. I'd prefer Blackpool as it would be nice to welcome Gary Bowyer back to Ewood, but I'm pretty sure Barnsley will win the replay.

Burnley will host Bristol City after both sides won their respective replays against Sunderland and Fleetwood.

Sutton United away. Tidy. Rightfully on TV too. Fair play to BT.

Edited by Lucas

So it's Blackpool at home for us after their fantastic win at Barnsley in the third round. It will be great to welcome Gary Bowyer back to Ewood, but as expected both sets of fans have planned protests (jointly). The attendance will be really low although Blackpool have already sold 1k tickets which is far more than I thought as the message on social media from their fans was that they were boycotting! 

I expect this match will only be known for the protests, I can't see it being a good game. Hopefully Stokes gets a start after scoring a few midweek for the reserves against the dingles, and Raya to start in goal.

I look forward to see the players that don't get a regular chance, perhaps even Ake on wing back maybe? Should be a good game and we should rest as many players as possible ahead of Anfield on Tuesday.

Not sure if I'm nervous or excited about tonight :lols:.

I should be buzzing but on one hand I'm dreading a potential loss. On the other hand I'm quietly confident our players will raise their game, Ranieri will play a decent side and we'll win.

Hopefully we can get into the 5th round tomorrow. Will be a mixed side so you never know.

Should win.

How on earth is Liverpool and Wolves on the television? Chelsea v Brentford, the only local derby in the round, David vs Goliath, "sugardaddy" vs "moneyball", third time we've played them in about 50 years.

I get Saints vs Arsenal, a replay of a previous final, two fairly good Prem teams. But fucking Wolves/Liverpool.

:lols: Great finisher, Darren Bent.

Superb goal by Darren Bent. Best goal he'll ever score. 1-0 to Leicester.

14 minutes ago, Cark said:

How on earth is Liverpool and Wolves on the television? Chelsea v Brentford, the only local derby in the round, David vs Goliath, "sugardaddy" vs "moneyball", third time we've played them in about 50 years.

I get Saints vs Arsenal, a replay of a previous final, two fairly good Prem teams. But fucking Wolves/Liverpool.

Didn't you play them the other year? It's about who draws the most viewers in the U.K. Manchester United and Liverpool will dominate tv because of that. 

Ranieri is in serious trouble here, a defeat to Derby isn't going to go down well considering the disastrous run Leicester are on.

I was going to bet on Derby winning too but they were only 7/2.

Anyone else sick of the small time crowd chants on display tonight? Jesus wept.

Did Leicester win the league last season or did I dream that?

Whatever happened to the route one football that won Leicester the league? Vardy looks so isolated and this back four passing isn't doing them any favours.

Shoutout to Dan for going the game in that giant fox outfit. True fan that lad.

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Whatever happened to the route one football that won Leicester the league? Vardy looks so isolated and this back four passing isn't doing them any favours.

Shoutout to Dan for going the game in that giant fox outfit. True fan that lad.

not sure if you're looking for a bite but if not, you think it was route one that won us the league :lols:?!

56 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

not sure if you're looking for a bite but if not, you think it was route one that won us the league :lols:?!

I'm not fishing at all (and not trying to have a dig either). What I'm meaning is that your attack was so effective because once Mahrez had the ball (or anyone else) you'd see an over the top ball pinged to Vardy that he'd run onto and score. I'm not having a pop about it at all because it was extremely effective but you didn't exactly win the league with ''tiki-taka'' or ''total football''. 

It just seemed that last night was a far-cry from what I've come to expect from you. 2-1 down and you're knocking balls across the back four rather than playing Vardy in behind or running at the defence. It just seemed like a certain edge had gone and that you were basically out of ideas.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm not fishing at all (and not trying to have a dig either). What I'm meaning is that your attack was so effective because once Mahrez had the ball (or anyone else) you'd see an over the top ball pinged to Vardy that he'd run onto and score. I'm not having a pop about it at all because it was extremely effective but you didn't exactly win the league with ''tiki-taka'' or ''total football''. 

It just seemed that last night was a far-cry from what I've come to expect from you. 2-1 down and you're knocking balls across the back four rather than playing Vardy in behind or running at the defence. It just seemed like a certain edge had gone and that you were basically out of ideas.

1) I can think of far more times that we played decent football and worked our way in to attacking positions to score than we did route one last season. We used Vardy's pace because we used the ball better to create space for him to run on to. It wasn't always the defence hoofing it up beyond the defence. The only goal I can think of where we hoofed it up actually was Mahrez sending one over in to an empty Liverpool half and Vardy belting one in on the half-volley from about 25 yards out. We used our width effectively through Albrighton and Mahrez and central players in Kante and Drinkwater equally so. While it wasn't Barcelona-esque tiki-taka, I don't see it as route one football that won us the league.

2) You're right in the sense that last night was a far-cry from what you and anyone expects of us. The fact we've had to battle and are somewhat satisfied at a 2-2 draw to earn a replay says a lot. It also says a lot that most of our fans are somewhat happy that it's taken 20 mins at the start and 20 mins at the end to see what we've been missing this season. And it's emphasised that it's against a Championship club that it's happened against. We were playing some nice football yesterday, intensity was high and we carved out a lot of chances. 

3) the reason we're knocking it about at the back is that Derby closed up between their defence and midfield and midfield and attack. Therefore our own midfielders have a distinct lack of space to work in. Also, there's little space for Vardy to run in to because Derby played quite deep in the end. Morgan and Huth are terrible for hoofing it up and it's frustrating because in most games now it happens and it's Vardy or Okazaki up against some lanky and strong centre back that they're never gonna win a header against.

It wasn't Tony Pulis' Stoke City route one, it was well executed and a bit more polished but it was by and large route one football. 

9 changes from Wednesday's game for us. Another young side with Randall, Gomez, Ejaria and Woodburn starting. Thought Firmino might have got a rest to be honest

Fuck sake! 1-0 to Wolves after 1 minute

...come off your line Karius ffs!