Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StanLCFC

Holiday Thread 2017

22 posts in this topic

Where you off to on your travels next year?

I had 5 holidays in 2016 (Amsterdam, Malaga, Marrakech, South Africa, Copenhagen).

Already got 2 lined up for next year - Magaluf on a mate's stag do in May; girlfriend wants to go Mykonos in June. And there could possibly be a Champions League-related holiday in March!

Don't know, but probably will be working two jobs so perhaps nowhere.

Busy man Stan! Send me some of your money bro.

This year I did lots of little Japan trips (Hiroshima, Yamaguchi), Australia, and got a trip to the north island (staying in Sapporo) for Christmas. Next year, no plans. Not sure if I will be in Japan past April. All I know is I will be snowboarding as much as possible from Jan-Apr so that'll take most of my money.

20 minutes ago, Shinkansen said:

This year I did lots of little Japan trips (Hiroshima, Yamaguchi), Australia, and got a trip to the north island (staying in Sapporo) for Christmas. Next year, no plans. Not sure if I will be in Japan past April. All I know is I will be snowboarding as much as possible from Jan-Apr so that'll take most of my money.

Snowboarding in Japan or where?

20 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Snowboarding in Japan or where?

Japan mate. Lots of mountains in my area, and in Japan haha

53 minutes ago, Shinkansen said:

:lols:

Amsterdam was cheap - from memory me and my mate only spent £200 for 3 days. That included flights and accommodation.

Malaga was free - our family do a lottery syndicate and last summer we won just over £1k on it so most of that went on a 5/6-day trip there (breaking it down between 5 of us it was also about £200 so still relatively cheap).

Marrakech was cheap - that was only booked in March and we went in May. Think that was about £400 for 5 days out there. 

South Africa was the big one - About £1200 in total for 2 weeks out there.

Copenhagen, again cheap - £150 in total I think.

Just a bit of saving here and there and 'last-minute' bookings for most of them tbh. Can be much cheaper sometimes.

Haha, yeah all good man. Travel within Europe is very cheap. Jealous that you guys are so close to so many amazing places. I've been lucky to check out Korea and a China out this way (or unlucky depends how you view Beijing haha).

Going to book some weekends in the mountains for Jan and Feb, can't wait. Probably will cost as much as a Copenhagen trip haha

4 minutes ago, Shinkansen said:

Haha, yeah all good man. Travel within Europe is very cheap. Jealous that you guys are so close to so many amazing places. I've been lucky to check out Korea and a China out this way (or unlucky depends how you view Beijing haha).

Going to book some weekends in the mountains for Jan and Feb, can't wait. Probably will cost as much as a Copenhagen trip haha

haha likewise there's some amazing places your end of the world which I'd love to go to but costs too much! Been to India and Kuala Lumpur but still would love to travel around Japan, Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand. 

12 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

haha likewise there's some amazing places your end of the world which I'd love to go to but costs too much! Been to India and Kuala Lumpur but still would love to travel around Japan, Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand. 

Kuala Lumpur was a great trip for me and next year I think I'll finally do Vietnam. Have some dive time sorted out in March nearby in the Andamans and I hear the water is supposed to be good during that time so I figure why not. Plus its more expensive than lets say it is in Sri Lanka but the marine life is much better. Where did you go when you were down here?

Only got a weekend in Newcastle booked up so far, if that even counts. Going up there for a weekend of Rugby League in May.

Got nothing abroad booked but my Dad fancies a weekend in Turin in February for a Juventus game, either the Palermo or Empoli game. I'm probably going to book Rome for a few days for the girlfriend's birthday sometime in March/April. 

As for a 'proper' summer holiday, not a clue.

9 hours ago, Shinkansen said:

Haha, yeah all good man. Travel within Europe is very cheap. Jealous that you guys are so close to so many amazing places. I've been lucky to check out Korea and a China out this way (or unlucky depends how ytake it for grantedou view Beijing haha).

Every Aussie I speak to says the same! We don't appreciate our location really in that sense.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 hours ago, Leyton Origami said:

Only got a weekend in Newcastle booked up so far, if that even counts. Going up there for a weekend of Rugby League in May.

Got nothing abroad booked but my Dad fancies a weekend in Turin in February for a Juventus game, either the Palermo or Empoli game. I'm probably going to book Rome for a few days for the girlfriend's birthday sometime in March/April. 

As for a 'proper' summer holiday, not a clue.

Get him Gonzalo's shirt.

Heading over to Dublin for 3 days in February. Anyone got any recommendations for shit to do?

Going to see Rob Beckett while I'm there which I'm buzzing about.

Where i can jump on a plane for 2000kms and be in tropical Queensland you can do the same for half the distance and be in Santorini, or the French Riviera....

So much cultural diversity in Europe that just adds extra flavor to any trip.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:57 PM, StanLCFC said:

South Africa was the big one - About £1200 in total for 2 weeks out there.

Wow. I can't believe you could get 2 weeks on the other side of the world for only £1200. Are you being super thrifty or is there just an obscenely favorable currency conversion?

Going to Vegas in May, can't wait.

2 hours ago, Any O said:

Rich cunt

19 hours ago, Mr Red said:

Where i can jump on a plane for 2000kms and be in tropical Queensland you can do the same for half the distance and be in Santorini, or the French Riviera....

So much cultural diversity in Europe that just adds extra flavor to any trip.

Wow. I can't believe you could get 2 weeks on the other side of the world for only £1200. Are you being super thrifty or is there just an obscenely favorable currency conversion?

both.

we booked flights in January or February last year I think. We stayed 4 different places throughout the 2 weeks. So each month we'd look for the best but most cost-effective place to book for each different part of the trip. 

The costliest part of the trip was the fuel costs. Between each place we were driving hours on end - one day was pretty much 6-7 hour drive from Nelspruit to Durban. But it was countered with some obscenely amazing views. 

The cheapest (and to our advantage) parts were the beer and the wines. Food pretty cheap as well. I remember buying a round which included beers, shots and a few rum and cokes. It only came to £22. If I wanted that in London it'd be about £60. We took full advantage of the cheap alcohol!

16 hours ago, Any O said:

Movie to be released in December 2017. 

Budapest next month for three nights. That's it so far

Went to Entre Rios (little province that's literally between rivers and around 2 hours from Buenos Aires) for a cousin's wedding and stayed 3 days. Meet a group of guys when i went for a walk after the power went off, got along instantly and went clubbing together that night, drank my ass off and got to the bed at around 9:30.

Got up at about 20:30 and this was the wedding day, had stomachache besides the hangover and thus had to settle with drinking seven up most of the night when there was all sorts of drinks up for grabs besides a giant tube full of beers, sucks. :sad:

Edited by Berserker