Azeem98

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Rest of the World

128 posts in this topic

Asia

Its the third and final round of the qualifiers. Twelve teams are divided into two groups of six teams each with top two teams from each group qualifying directly while the third placed teams will compete in play-offs for a place in the intercontinental play-offs against an opposition from Concacaf

the-groupings-for-the-final-round-of-the

Africa

The third and final round of African region will see twenty teams divided into five groups with the group winner qualifying for the world cup

tfg6hsz8g95x.jpg

Concacaf

The Concacaf region is currently in the fourth round consisting of three groups of four teams each. Every group winner and runner-up will advance to the final round where all six teams will compete in a round-robin format. Only Mexico has yet confirmed its place in the

next round.

14051570_1127443770667851_37214774380966

South America

The round-robin format after six match days has the following table. Top four teams will qualify automatically while the fifth ranked team will play against an opposition from Oceania in the intercontinental play-offs 

32A8719C00000578-3514876-image-a-32_1459        

Good man for starting this thread  :wub:

Tonight: Australia v Iraq (at my god damn home town, I would've seen Cahill score :( )

Japan v U.A.E 

And more games I assume...but those are the two I am interested in.

Predictions:

Australia 2-1 Iraq

Japan 2-0 U.A.E

Australia 0-0 Iraq HT

Iraq had less of the ball but created fair bit of chances. The environment from the Aussies is shit though almost silence by them only the Iraqis are making some noise  

Japan 1-1 UAE HT

South Korea leading China by 1-0 currently

Edited by Azeem98

Australia 2-0 Iraq

Japan 1-2 UAE

Korea 3-2 China

Surprised at that UAE result considering they weren't good enough to top Saudi in the last round but they've now put Japan in a position which they have to improve on. 

Surprised at that UAE result considering they weren't good enough to top Saudi in the last round but they've now put Japan in a position which they have to improve on. 

1) Saudi Arabia isn't that bad 2) The new format is rubbish. Saudis and Emirates got all the necessary point needed to progress by beating the weak nations so there wasn't much on stake when they played each other 3) They defeated Japan at AFC also

1) Saudi Arabia isn't that bad 2) The new format is rubbish. Saudis and Emirates got all the necessary point needed to progress by beating the weak nations so there wasn't much on stake when they played each other 3) They defeated Japan at AFC also

Didn't say KSA was bad in any way because they've been good for a while now and what I was eluding to was the fact that the UAE weren't able to topple them in Round 2 which makes the result against Japan weird. On the AFC note, the UAE had to go to pens to oust the Japanese at the AFC and while that doesn't really show any quality in terms of how the two teams played that day Japan missed three chances on goal because I remember watching that match thinking Japan really should have walked away the victors. 

The UAE have a super player in Omar Abdulrahman and I remember even reading about the guy when Al-Ain FC drubbed up a lot of nonsense regarding some comments made by European footballers about wanting them to play in Europe more. The guy has a lot of talent but its so raw and he loses the plot very often.

I'd like to see Asia put up a better face in Russia and the Arab nations along with the Japanese are probably the best bet here but the level of football is nowhere near what it needs to be in-order to compete against the big boys yet.

Didn't say KSA was bad in any way because they've been good for a while now and what I was eluding to was the fact that the UAE weren't able to topple them in Round 2 which makes the result against Japan weird. On the AFC note, the UAE had to go to pens to oust the Japanese at the AFC and while that doesn't really show any quality in terms of how the two teams played that day Japan missed three chances on goal because I remember watching that match thinking Japan really should have walked away the victors. 

The UAE have a super player in Omar Abdulrahman and I remember even reading about the guy when Al-Ain FC drubbed up a lot of nonsense regarding some comments made by European footballers about wanting them to play in Europe more. The guy has a lot of talent but its so raw and he loses the plot very often.

I'd like to see Asia put up a better face in Russia and the Arab nations along with the Japanese are probably the best bet here but the level of football is nowhere near what it needs to be in-order to compete against the big boys yet.

I don't think there will be an Arab nation from Asia at the World Cup at all. There is no way Saudis or Iraq will finish above Australia or Japan although i would love to see Australia fail to qualify  sorry shinkansen :biggrin:  Iran and Korea will qualify from the other group probably. Asian football was good 8-10 years ago and i can only see it become more worse the way it is ran by AFC

Tough group for us and we should've put Iraq to the sword but will take 2-0.

As for Japan, I watched that, wow, all I can say is 1) the referee fucked them(ball clearly crossed the line from Asano) and 2) I hate watching the Arab sides their pathetic time wasting techniques, thankfully Japan played on whenever one of the faggots fell down on the ground. Massive respect for Japan and utter disgusting behaviour from yet another middle eastern team.

Having said that, the striker who bagged both goals for UAE looks very dangerous, they have some handy players!!

Edited by Shinkansen

I love to watch Asian and African sides in the world cup. Am I missing something or this format doesn't allow many Asian countries in the competition? I don't get why the best third place still has to play against a concacaf side in order to qualify. FIFA are a bunch of racists. Check your previlege, Europe.

I love to watch Asian and African sides in the world cup. Am I missing something or this format doesn't allow many Asian countries in the competition? I don't get why the best third place still has to play against a concacaf side in order to qualify. FIFA are a bunch of racists. Check your previlege, Europe.

Asia gets 4.5 places, if I am not mistaken. About the same as South America?

Asia gets 4.5 places, if I am not mistaken. About the same as South America?

Europe gets 13 + Russia!

Iran  2-0 Qatar

Uzbekistan 1-0 Syria

Saudi Arabia 1-0 Thailand

South America

Bolivia 2-0 Peru

Colombia 2-0 Venezuela

Ecuador 0-3 Brazil

Argentina 1-0 Uruguay

Paraguay 2-1 Chile

Europe gets 13 + Russia!

To be fair, more nations who are competitive come from Europe. However, the new EUROS format is a load of shite.

Apparently Iran scored in injury time against Qatar after a goalless night thanks to a blooper from the Qatari keeper. This caused a fight which extended the stoppage time to 11 minutes in which Iran scored again   :lol: Qatar's manager looks furious while carlos queiroz looks a cool guy :)

Edited by Azeem98

Second goal was very good. Goalkeeper looks like he stopped half-way through the dive as well.

Apparently Iran scored in injury time against Qatar after a goalless night thanks to a blooper from the Qatari keeper. This caused a fight which extended the stoppage time to 11 minutes in which Iran scored again :lol: Qatar's manager looks furious while carlos queiroz looks a cool guy :)

Wtf why did the fight start? Couldn't work it out in the video!

Wtf why did the fight start? Couldn't work it out in the video!

I think Qatar was claiming for offside and more importantly Qatar,Bahrain and Saudi Arabia don't like Iran so something like that always happens when they play each other.

I think Qatar was claiming for offside and more importantly Qatar,Bahrain and Saudi Arabia don't like Iran so something like that always happens when they play each other.

If it was up to me those sides, Oman and UAE should be banned. (Ironic considering no one wants us in Asia) haha

Today's fixtures

Iraq vs Saudi Arabia

China vs Iran

Syria vs Korea

Thailand vs Japan

UAE vs Australia

Qatar vs Uzbekistan

Edited by Azeem98

Want to try watch Thailand v Japan but it's a bit late, hoping Japan can bounce back. As for Australia, that'll be really tough, I would take a draw.

If Belarus v fucking France is pinned then so should this be as this will get a lot of replies over the next year or so!!

If Belarus v fucking France is pinned then so should this be as this will get a lot of replies over the next year or so!!

Not sure there are many people here who follow international football outside Europe

Meanwhile

Iraq 1-2 Saudi Arabia FT

Syria 0-0 Korea HT

China Iran level at 0-0

Japan leading Thailand by 1-0

How anyone can feel aggrieved after that shambolic clearance is beyond me. It's going to be hilarious seeing Qatar at the World Cup, nailed on for zero points.

How anyone can feel aggrieved after that shambolic clearance is beyond me. It's going to be hilarious seeing Qatar at the World Cup, nailed on for zero points.

Arab world deserves to host a World Cup but it is a shame Qatar gets it ahead the likes of Algeria,Egypt,Tunisia,Morroco countries which have a footballing culture and passion for the game Edited by Azeem98

Arab world deserves to host a World Cup but it is a shame Qatar gets it ahead the likes of Algeria,Egypt,Tunisia,Morroco countries which have a footballing culture and passion for the game

I agree. 

Despite not being up there with the rest of the world standard wise it would be much more fitting for an Egypt to get the gig as opposed to Qatar who simply have dirty money. Iran would have been another good choice as I believe that they are the most successful footballing Arabs? 

I remember when Egypt won the Africa Cup of Nations a couple of times when everyone thought Ivory Coast would walk it. Shame they sucked at qualifying for the World Cup, would've been good to have them there at that time. Not an expert on African football but groups A & D look weak compared to the other groups.

China 0-0 Iran FT

Syria 0-0 Korea FT

Thailand 0-2 Japan FT

I agree. 

Despite not being up there with the rest of the world standard wise it would be much more fitting for an Egypt to get the gig as opposed to Qatar who simply have dirty money. Iran would have been another good choice as I believe that they are the most successful footballing Arabs? 

Good lord! Iranians are not Arabs :lol: calling an Iranian 'Arab' would be same if someone calls you a Scottish :lol: . On the subject Iran is a very successful nation in Asia but like England they haven't won or came close to winning anything for a long time. They did won the Asian cup three times consecutively from 68 to 72

Edited by Azeem98

Pretty hot temperature at the UAE Aus game. Even the Emirates are struggling and its night !  

Pretty hot temperature at the UAE Aus game. Even the Emirates are struggling and its night !  

Luckily that hasn't stopped Australia from getting ahead.

Luckily that hasn't stopped Australia from getting ahead.

Cahill !

Didn't realise Cahill was still playing, let alone internationally!

Didn't realise Cahill was still playing, let alone internationally!

I think he will be play at the World Cup

He doesn't start anymore but what a result!!!!

Watched the first half of the Japan game, Thailand barely got out of their own half.

Watched the first half of the Japan game, Thailand barely got out of their own half.

They were pushed into a corner and had to perform. They're going to get to the next WC but what they achieve beyond that is where it all starts to count. At the last WC they were so lackluster it was unreal. 

Good lord! Iranians are not Arabs :lol: calling an Iranian 'Arab' would be same if someone calls you a Scottish :lol: . On the subject Iran is a very successful nation in Asia but like England they haven't won or came close to winning anything for a long time. They did won the Asian cup three times consecutively from 68 to 72

Any Asian or African country whose population is mainly Muslim and has a desert is an Arab one for me. :biggrin:

Japan's greatest ever striker, Takuma Asano, getting a goal in that game I see.

Apparently Iran scored in injury time against Qatar after a goalless night thanks to a blooper from the Qatari keeper. This caused a fight which extended the stoppage time to 11 minutes in which Iran scored again   :lol: Qatar's manager looks furious while carlos queiroz looks a cool guy :)

That second is absolutely superb :lol:

Match day 8 South America

Uruguay 4-0 Paraguay

Venezuela 2-2 Argentina

Chile 0-0 Bolivia

Brazil 2-1 Colombia

Peru 2-1 Ecuador

Edited by Azeem98