Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nudge

2. Bundesliga 2016/2017

43 posts in this topic

Kicked off today with Kaiserslautern v Hannover, 0-1 at the moment. Anyone watching?

Haha, indeed. And the goal for Hannover came pretty much out of nowhere... Meanwhile, it's 2-0 already  :dry:

Lautern's defense is awful... They also fail to produce anything upfront; should really get Miro Klose hehe.

Two wrong offside calls against FCK too.

Yeah, looks like he hasn't made the decision yet. But he recently said his next club won't be in Germany, so I guess he'll be going to the US or China or something like that...

Not watching but taking a close eye on German results tonight. Hannover getting off to a great start so far.

Who are the favourites for this league? I'm guessing Hannover, Nurnberg and Stuttgart must be.

Not watching but taking a close eye on German results tonight. Hannover getting off to a great start so far.

Who are the favourites for this league? I'm guessing Hannover, Nurnberg and Stuttgart must be.

yes, most likely. I'd say Union Berlin has potential to compete for top spots too. 

Can´t see any clear favourites apart from VfB (perhaps) about 12 teams are capable of promotion.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

True, the league looks very strong this year, probably the strongest in recent years, and it looks like we're up for a very interesting season. I think Hannover will do better than Stuttgart (mostly because they managed to hold on most of their players so far + some good new transfers, while Stuttgart has a relatively new squad which is not complete yet), closely followed by Nürnberg, Union, St. Pauli and a surprise package in 1860, then Braunschweig, Bochum, KSC and Fürth. Aue, Dresden and Würzburg to be relegated.

Great 2nd half from Fortuna Düsseldorf today. If they hadn't slept in the first 20 minutes, they would have won that game. The subs that came on for Fortuna totally changed the game, just a shame that Yildrim got seriously injured at the end of the match. Didn't look good. 

Nice to see the Stuttgart fans showing up in numbers yesterday (60000). Alexandru Maxim is an enigma to me. He almost allways looks absolute class when I watch Stuttgart, yet coach after coach bench him. 

Nice to see the Stuttgart fans showing up in numbers yesterday (60000). Alexandru Maxim is an enigma to me. He almost allways looks absolute class when I watch Stuttgart, yet coach after coach bench him.

Poor attitude maybe? Based on Luhukay's post-match interview, Maxim has continuously disappointed in training during pre-season, so that's a sort of disciplinary measure, I guess.

Not an easy situation for any coach though, especially when a player puts in a match winning performance after getting subbed in... 

I'll be at Fortuna Düsseldorf vs. VfB Stuttgart tomorrow  B)

Hannover 96 have kept their 100% record with a 3-1 win over Furth.

1860 vs Bielefeld and Wurzburger vs Kaiserslautern are drawing 0-0 and 1-1 at HT so far.

What a crazy match in Bochum today! 4-4 in the end, a great game for a neutral. Also, Braunschweig thrashed Nürnberg 6-1, a perfect start of the season for them. Pauli lose again, 0-1 against Dresden this time, and stay at the bottom of the table with no points so far.

Was at Düsseldorf vs. Fürth today. Total meh match, with too many fouls and misplaced passes. 

SUzsCat.jpg

Not surprising, doubt he was ever going to stay long. Can see the point on the one hand given the present squad, on the other hand don't think he was what Stuttgart needed either.

Hannes Wolf (BVB U-19) is the new head coach of Stuttgart!  :O Only 35 years old, it's good to see new faces being given a chance, it could really work out well for him and Stuttgart and fits their youth development strategy completely.

Interesting choice! I think he could be a really good choice for them! 

Was at Fortuna Düsseldorf vs. VfL Bochum today. Great stuff from Fortuna. After 15 minutes it was 2-0 already. Didn't expect that at all. 

Damn, Dresden gave Stuttgart a proper whooping. 5-0! Lumpi scored too :wub:

What can you about Leizpig's run so far?

I wonder why you posted it in 2. Bundesliga thread, hehe.

Leipzig are doing well, as expected. I hope it will be as short lived as Hoffenheim's run on their debut season though.

Great win for Fortuna Düsseldorf in Berlin against Union today! Quite unexpected after the trashing against Hannover. The defence was solid as a rock. Hopefully Funkel will let Bormuth play next to Akpoguma for the rest of the season! Much better than Madlung in my opinion. 

Big win for 1860 today, beating Dresden 1-0, which moves 1860 four points clear of the bottom three and denies Dresden the opportunity to move as high as 4th. Dresden took 15,000 to 1860 today, which is sensational support. 

Sandhausen beat Nurnberg 3-1 earlier, too.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:16 PM, nudge said:

I wonder why you posted it in 2. Bundesliga thread, hehe.

Leipzig are doing well, as expected. I hope it will be as short lived as Hoffenheim's run on their debut season though.

Sorry mate. :coffee: Missed the 2

Thanks for your comments anyways.

6 hours ago, OllieMorris said:

Sorry mate. :coffee: Missed the 2

Thanks for your comments anyways.

haha, no problem at all.

Hannover vs Kaiserslautern Preview & Tip

This is the first game in 2017 for Hannover who sit on the 3rd spot in Bundesliga, spot that can seal their promotion in the Germany Bundesliga.  With 32 points from 17 games played, they are unbeaten at home with 4 wins and 1 draw out of 5 games.

Hannover scored 2.67 goals/match in their last 6 home apperances and conceded 0.67 goals/match in the same time.

They didn’t manage to win before the winter break against Sandhausen, only drawing 0-0.

On the other side, Kaiserslautern sit on the 14th spot in Bundesliga, only 3 points above the relegation zone. They managed to earn 19 points in 17 games played this season, being in low form. They only managed to get 6 points from their away matches so far, being one of the weakest teams in the away fixtures.

Kaiserslautern managed to score 0.83 goals/match in their last 6 away appearances and conceded 0.83 goals in the same time.

TIP: Over 1,5 goals to be scored in game @1,28

This season is turning out to be superb in 2. Bundesliga. The top six are separated by six points and 11th-16th are, again, separated by six points. 

Hopefully a club like Leipzig can risein 2. Bundesliga and make a difference in the top tier next season. Sad to see promoted clubs being easily ran by.

I desperately wish there was a way to watch/listen to 2. Bundesliga matches. Here in the States it's just not an option. Even in lower league English leagues, you can listen to the matches. But not for the German teams. 

9 hours ago, tide said:

I desperately wish there was a way to watch/listen to 2. Bundesliga matches. Here in the States it's just not an option. Even in lower league English leagues, you can listen to the matches. But not for the German teams. 

:bye: Of course there is a way to listen to 2. Bundesliga and 1. Bundesliga matches! http://www.sport1.fm/
You're welcome.

And if you have any questions about the mighty Fortuna Düsseldorf, I'm always here for you. 

On 2/16/2017 at 5:26 PM, Tsubasa said:

And if you have any questions about the mighty Fortuna Düsseldorf, I'm always here for you. 

Will do - I wish I could listen (and understand) a 2. Bundesliga team, but I'm just not positive which squad to put effort into keeping up with. Dusseldorf? Hanover? St. Pauli? The options are endless..

Maybe give Konferenz (Simulcast) a try? That way, you're well covered on all action and maybe it will help spark a deeper interest into some particular club... Personally, in the 2. Liga I only like Eintracht Braunschweig.