Takyon

FIFA 17

161 posts in this topic

The first teaser for FIFA 17 has dropped. It doesn't really show anything other than that it's running on a new engine. The Frostbite engine is the engine used in the Battlefield games so it could be interesting to see how it changes the game. I'd hope for a massively improved playing experience on par with PES but I'm used to FIFA games not delivering on their initial promise. 

It'll be nothing more than updated teams and a few tweaks, regardless of the new engine.

It'll be nothing more than updated teams and a few tweaks, regardless of the new engine.

The graphics will probably be better too but yeah that'll probably be the extent of the changes. 

It seems like football games are running out of features to implement now. In the last couple of years we've seen being able to make six subs in friendlies, interactive corner flags, dynamic weather and dynamic grass banded about as major features in PES and FIFA alike. FIFA in particular has changed very little between say FIFA 12 and 17 when compared to the changes seen between 06 and 12. 

Is that Moureen?

Sounds like it. Perhaps they're throwing managers in as this year's 'major' selling point. 

Edited by Takyon

Hopefully fixes the issues 16 blatantly have.

Sounds like it. Perhaps they're throwing managers in as this year's 'major' selling point.

Major marketing addition, considering the managers in the premier league next season.

What will this new engine be able to deliver? I don't play games like Battlefield so don't really know and the only thing the trailer offers me right now is even more detailed graphics.

One thing for FIFA 17 that I hope is better are the referees. Dish out cards way too easily. 

And any changes to online platform? 

The only way it'd be a selling point is if it can turn into a simple beat em up similar to EA's old ice hockey games (being able to start a fight on the sideline and swing a right hook at Gary Monk would be great).

My sole aim in those games when I was a child was to trip my opponents up with my stick and get in fights with them  :lol:  :lol:  I never realised how much I want what you just suggested. 

Why have they gone with a Real Madrid bench warmer as one of the cover stars?, I can see why the other 3 are there.. but not him.

Will give it a try on the demo but doubt I'll buy it as I find FIFA's target market to be aimed at kids playing Ultimate Team. End of the day I'm 23 years old so it's kind of inevitable although I still think with the right tweaks they could definitely cater for more. Majority of people I speak to don't rate the games anymore, haven't done enough to develop the footballing game in my opinion but have built so much around Ultimate Team. Don't even see the hype with Ultimate Team to be honest.

I got PES this year and if you do accept there are drawbacks (lack of stadiums, lack of licenses, and the online is pretty shit to be fair) it's actually a satisfying game to play. Can play some lovely football on it. Far from the finished article but I like the route they're going up.

Career mode > Ultimate team

Why have they gone with a Real Madrid bench warmer as one of the cover stars?, I can see why the other 3 are there.. but not him.

Marketability.

Career mode does nothing for me. I can see why people like it but being an FM obsessive I just can't take it seriously enough like I can FM.

Ultimate Team has become far too big a focal point to the extent that it dominates the game.

I didn't have 16, first one I've not had since 2003, I assume the online is still full of bugs - was the same the few years before it so I see no reason they'd have changed it.

Career mode > Ultimate team

I find it boring playing against the computer. I like building a team and playing real players so Ultimate Team is the one for me.

Too much Bull shit in ultimate team for me

I'd love if the AI played in different ways depending on which team they were playing with. It'd give the game way more depth and make it more enjoyable.

Be a pro is quality when you adjust the pass, ball control, and shooting error on your team so your cpu team mates don't act like fucking Sunday league players.

Be a pro is quality when you adjust the pass, ball control, and shooting error on your team so your cpu team mates don't act like fucking Sunday league players.

Yeah i enjoy pro clubs. Me and my mates always have a decent team when we play it properly.

Playing against CPU on FIFA is terrible. Literally every team plays the same dour way. There's a lot more variation on PES.

I'd play PES if it's graphics weren't AIDS

As someone that enjoys both Career mode and Ultimate team, I wish they could do something with Ultimate Team on FIFA. If they could do it similar to myClub (PES' Ultimate team) that would be great, at least for me. Especially when it comes to player development, chemistry and managers' tactics.

Edited by Azul Feliz

I'd play PES if it's graphics weren't AIDS

FIFA's graphics are shit too. 

As someone that enjoys both Career mode and Ultimate team, I wish they could do something with Ultimate Team on FIFA. If they could do it similar to myClub (PES' Ultimate team) that would be great, at least for me. Especially when it comes to player development, chemistry and managers' tactics.

They won't change a thing while 13 year olds continue to buy FIFA points by the thousands, they must make a crazy amount of money from Ultimate Team. I always start an Ultimate Team and do well for a while before I get a bit bored and play Career Mode or another game for a couple of weeks and by the time I come back everyone's got amazing players because they spend all day grinding for coins or buy loads of FIFA points and it's no fun having to play catch up so I just never come back to it. 

FIFA's graphics are shit too.

They won't change a thing while 13 year olds continue to buy FIFA points by the thousands, they must make a crazy amount of money from Ultimate Team. I always start an Ultimate Team and do well for a while before I get a bit bored and play Career Mode or another game for a couple of weeks and by the time I come back everyone's got amazing players because they spend all day grinding for coins or buy loads of FIFA points and it's no fun having to play catch up so I just never come back to it.

A friend of a friend has confessed to spending in the excess of £3000 on FIFA packs this year. You cant really blame EA for cashing in on people like that.

A friend of a friend has confessed to spending in the excess of £3000 on FIFA packs this year. You cant really blame EA for cashing in on people like that.

Then your friend of a friend is a fucking clown.

Absolutely baffles me how anyone is spending money like that on it. Fucking hell. Unless you're actually making money off doing it then what is the point? I can't see the fun in that.

3 grand what the actual fuck!! Some rich cunts must spend shit loads. I've spent a bit but not too much.

This is my team. Currently in Division 2. Tend to play it at mates and end up losing games pissed up not caring :lol:

Q4ARSoL.png

Edited by JoshBRFC

I don't blame them for cashing in it but at the same time it spoils the fun for some people (a minority I'd imagine). The real problem is that people like that are giving EA no incentive to change the game for the better because they can just rely on idiots who are willing to drop £3k on a fucking virtual card game to mop up the money lost by customers going elsewhere.

Absolutely baffles me how anyone is spending money like that on it. Fucking hell. Unless you're actually making money off doing it then what is the point? I can't see the fun in that.

I spent a tenner on it once and I immediately regretted it because there's just absolutely no return for your money.  

There really isn't. It's bollocks how much shite you get out of packs.

Not hard to see why they're focusing on it. It's madness. But to me that just backs up the point I made when I bought PES this year instead - I've outgrown FIFA's target market.

Now that has piqued my interest. Reminds me of the MyCareer mode in the NBA 2K series. Unfortunately you can't create your own character like you could in 2K and are restricted to this Alex Hunter so hopefully the narrative is good. 

Managers for each of the twenty Premiership clubs have been confirmed in the video description too. 

Now that has piqued my interest. Reminds me of the MyCareer mode in the NBA 2K series. Unfortunately you can't create your own character like you could in 2K and are restricted to this Alex Hunter so hopefully the narrative is good. 

Managers for each of the twenty Premiership clubs have been confirmed in the video description too. 

Not sure why they couldn't do it with any name, not like it's noticable if they just don't say your name in the dialogue.

shit that you can only be one player.

unless your name is Alex Hunter obvs

Hopefully they don't forget about improving manager career too though, that needs major changes.

Not sure why they couldn't do it with any name, not like it's noticable if they just don't say your name in the dialogue.

I find it is to be honest, it breaks my immersion. 

So it should just be silent when you get the ball and the headlines should be blank? Of course they have to say a name, it would be incredibly poor if it didn't.

So it should just be silent when you get the ball and the headlines should be blank? Of course they have to say a name, it would be incredibly poor if it didn't.

They have the last name on commentary for the current player career, and can add it in text. I meant in the cutscenes, because it would take ages to record every name for it. 2K MyPlayer has never done names in the cutscenes.