Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VanPanna

Classic football shirts

20 posts in this topic

Lets share everyone's football shirts they grew up with and iconic shirts which represent a classic team.

These are the shirts below that i remember or know that mean something to the football i like. 

124_1__32656.1417172384.1280.1280.jpg?c=

884b3447f660e2ada107f3b3d225a593.jpg

Vintage-ajax-amsterdam-home-football-shi

tumblr_nrbzmj7iJX1rtjl8do1_1280.jpg

I'll post on this later mate. Great thread in my opinion and I suspect you've been following what's been being said in the next season's kit thread. You can't beat those classics full of everything football. ;)

Yes I thought I do another thread to celebrate the classics!   I love those iconic kits that stick with 1 player or that 1 sporting great moment or that 1 team which are remembered for life. 

I like our 1985-88 kit. Looks especially good on John Barnes.

screen-shot-2014-09-30-at-06-44-54.png

1553418460.jpg

Classic Napoli shirt

$_57.JPG

That's a total beauty! It smells of Maradona all over! ;)

Ac Milan shirt pure classic. 

milanclassic.jpg

Edited by Panna

This one is an absolute beauty love it

Gavin Peacock on the photo

297_A368_F00000578_3116679_image_m_8_143

I love the old school Adidas logo, it's so nice.

450_arsenalhss9091a-g8.jpg

fda4012e95acd1c6194e4e755b6b9b70.jpg

I liked the JVC days at Arsenal. That away shirt which was yellow with the blue stripe across brings back good memories.

eng_pl_2002-03-EVERTON-SHIRT-M-17990_1.j

The one above is probably the most ''historical'' so to speak in the years that I've been following Everton. It's the kit from the 2002 season when we became the first club in England to have played 100 consecutive seasons in the top flight. As a result we played the season with the centenary badge (which I can't post) above the usual Premier League badge. 

It might sound bad but some of the most nostalgic kits to me are the ones that aren't Everton. When I was young I had an obsession with football kits and collected around about 300 of them until I grew older. The Arsenal ''brown'' Highbury shirt from 2006 springs to mind along with the original ''Vodafone'' Manchester United shirt from 2002 as I had a six month phase of supporting the Red Devils :lol:. 

Top thread though, cheers Panna.

Edited by Cannabis

Canna for a reason i only see one photo?

I might be biased but I'd say we are pretty spot on when it comes to the kits we wear. There have been the odd away shocker such as the luminous pink effort but we are usually spot on.

Here are some of my favourite classic kits in my time...

maradona-.jpg

Maradona with the classic Barcelona kit made by Meyba

5077.jpg

Pep Guardiola in Barcelona's Kappa years...  Loved this particular kit that was rather controversial when issued due to the white

charliecolo_3242814a.jpg

Arsenal cult hero Charlie George wearing the greatest Arsenal kit ever made...  An absolute beauty!

article-1087774-024A60990000044D-751_468

Michel Platini wearing another of my favourites and for me the best Juventus kit of them all

Gianluca_Vialli_-_Sampdoria_1991-92.jpg

Another of my favourites...  Gianluca Vialli playing for that great Sampdoria side that reached the 1992 Champions League/European Cup FInal

4c845cef63f48ad471854229e079dbc3.jpg

One of my all time idols Paulo Futre sporting a beautiful Atlético Madrid kit made by PUMA

article-2275465-13289F55000005DC-707_634

Abolsutely loved this West Ham United kit by Admiral sported by legend Trevor Brooking

Edited by SirBalon

I liked the JVC days at Arsenal. That away shirt which was yellow with the blue stripe across brings back good memories.

Here's the one I'm talking about, I will forever associate it with that late Marc Overmars winner at Old Trafford.

24sport-Marc-Overmars-001.jpg?w=720&q=55

Another shirt I like is the Inter one worn my Dennis Bergkamp in my avatar, here it is bigger:

dennisbergkampinter_412x232.jpg

Here's the one I'm talking about, I will forever associate it with that late Marc Overmars winner at Old Trafford.

24sport-Marc-Overmars-001.jpg?w=720&q=55

Another shirt I like is the Inter one worn my Dennis Bergkamp in my avatar, here it is bigger:

dennisbergkampinter_412x232.jpg

I also really like that Arsenal away top. One of the best we've had.