JesusIsAGeordie

Minor News Topic

85 posts in this topic

!
This is a place to post any minor stories that aren't fully thread worthy that you want to share.

Can be funny, can be serious, anything you like that has made the news.

Starting off, Morrison's have apologised for projecting a baguette onto the Angel of the North

article-0-1D8FB65500000578-415_634x351.j

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/morrisons-uses-angel-of-the-norths-wings-as-a-billboard-to-advertise-bread-9324306.html

:lol:

Bastard, beat me to it. Best thing since that bloke boiled his bellend in a cheese and onion pasty and wanted to sue Greggs :lol:

If you're include SundaySport this topic could go on forever

eu3pdx.jpg

Why does the Sunday Sport exist again?  :D

crazyheadlinedhfdkhfg_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, In Norfolk........................

Woman washed suspected bomb in kitchen sink
_68047996_9900f692-e383-4137-b636-ff0345The explosive object was discovered in a garden in Melton Constable, Norfolk

A woman who dug up a suspected bomb in her garden washed it in her sink before police were called and a controlled explosion was carried out.

Carole Longhorn struck the metal object with her spade while gardening at her home in Melton Constable, Norfolk.

Her husband, Clive, said: "I heard a rattle in the kitchen and saw she was washing it in the blooming sink."

The object, which is about 25cm long (10in) and thought to have been a World War II projectile, was blown up.

Mrs Longhorn, 66, said she shouted out to her husband, who was indoors, after digging up the explosive.

She put a plastic seat on the top in case it went off”

"I called my husband to come and have a look at it, but he wouldn't so I brought it indoors," she said.

'Precautions'

Mr Longhorn, 60, said his wife put the object on the coffee table.

"You can imagine what I said to her," he said.

Mrs Longhorn washed the bomb in the sink before taking it outside.

"She took a few precautions," Mr Longhorn said. "She put a plastic seat on the top in case it went off."

Mr Longhorn, who said the object was "heavy", then called 999 and a police officer advised they leave the house for a few hours as a precaution.

_68047997_042b8812-952f-4038-b319-948cd9Clive and Carole Longhorn called the police after trying to clean the explosive

They returned just as a bomb disposal squad from RAF Wittering in Cambridgeshire arrived at their house on Wednesday.

"They said it was live and that we were very lucky," Mr Longhorn said.

The object was driven to a nearby quarry and detonated.

"It was brilliant," Mr Longhorn said. "The ground shook - you could feel the shockwaves come across and bump into you.

"The bloke said to me: 'Tell the wife if she finds any more, put them in a nice neat heap and we'll deal with them all at once'."

A spokesman at RAF Wittering said the 4.5in (11cm) diameter projectile "more than likely" dated back to World War II.

"We couldn't be sure it wasn't live so took the precaution and detonated it," the spokesman said.

He added that people who find an item they are unsure of should "leave it alone and dial 999".

From last year, but very funny

Edited by AntonS

I thought this would fit nicely here. Found it floating around on Facebook.

XP939Ns.jpg

He just doesn't want a divorce at his age.  :lol:

Should we just rename this the 'Sunday Sport Thread'?  :D

Nah sometimes you get great little bits in other papers or online.

But it's mainly the Sunday Sport's amazingly unimportant stories.  :D

Standard spring afternoon in Blackburn...

Blackburn man sprayed women with urine-filled water pistol

5:00pm Thursday 24th April 2014 in News

Ian Wilson

A 56-YEAR-OLD man loaded a water pistol with urine and went into Blackburn town centre and sprayed random women with it.

Blackburn magistrates heard the ‘bizarre’ offence was committed by a man with no previous convictions.

And Imran Hussain, defending, said his client could offer no explanation for his behaviour although the police investigations had ruled out any sexual motivation.

Ian Wilson, of Heys Lane, Blackburn, pleaded guilty to two charges of assault.

He was given a conditional discharge for three months and ordered to pay £50 compensation to each of his victims.

The court heard the victims were total strangers who had been targeted at random.

Wilson sprayed them on their clothes with the urine from his water pistol before being arrested at the scene.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11167508.Blackburn_man_sprayed_women_with_urine_filled_water_pistol/

Is it a coincidence that the majority of those stories are from the north? Strange, strange people, lol

Another standard late spring day in my fine home county:

East Lancs nurse banned for 12 months after accepting stolen Starbucks mug from paedophile

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11261581.East_Lancs_nurse_banned_for_12_months_after_accepting_stolen_Starbucks_mug_from_paedophile/?ref=mr

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/woman-found-dead-northolt-been-7205157

Not quite minor but it doesn't need it's own topic, a woman was found dead nearby the other day and it turns out she had her head, along with her arms, chopped off. Crazy stuff

Anytime anyone mentions Robin Hood all I picture is the cartoon fox version of Robin Hood. Can't just be me.

Anytime anyone mentions Robin Hood all I picture is the cartoon fox version of Robin Hood. Can't just be me.

Nah I picture the Green Arrow now. 

They're around 90 years old now. Any sort of punishment would probably last around a week...

Wasn't there a show on TLC showing a women addicted to baby powder?!?!

Wasn't there a show on TLC showing a women addicted to baby powder?!?!

My strange addiction?

Lol yeah

that show was weird.. Remember the lady who drank her own piss?