SirBalon

Valencia CF Discussion

503 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Found an amazing video about Valencia's history, culture, fans, stadium etc.
Really worth checking out!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

 

They can PISS OFF! I tell no lies when I say that THEY are practically the sole reason Lim was permitted to purchase the club. They deserve to burn. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikel will save them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only because the bottom 3 are absolutely dismal this season that's saving Valencia.  Any other season and they'd be bottom by a good margin!

But these bottom sides tend to pick up during the last third which means VCF better buckle up or they're down...  Let's see who they sign for big money in the January transfer window because they will for sure try and buy their way out of their predicament.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's only because the bottom 3 are absolutely dismal this season that's saving Valencia.  Any other season and they'd be bottom by a good margin!

But these bottom sides tend to pick up during the last third which means VCF better buckle up or they're down...  Let's see who they sign for big money in the January transfer window because they will for sure try and buy their way out of their predicament.

Yeah that's true, was thinking that yesterday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halilovic might be going to Valencia. Why there? He'd be better off at somewhere like Villarreal for me. They'd turn him into a beast!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Halilovic might be going to Valencia. Why there? He'd be better off at somewhere like Villarreal for me. They'd turn him into a beast!

It is a wise move from him because it is easier for Barcelona to buy him from Valencia later. :ninja:

Edited by Fusion
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Halilovic might be going to Valencia. Why there? He'd be better off at somewhere like Villarreal for me. They'd turn him into a beast!

I think he'd find it difficult to get into the first team at Villarreal mate.  He was stupid to move from Sporting Gijón as Barça were willing to offer his services for another season and he had become a protagonist in La Liga at many points.

Valencia need a stronger character to turn things around than a kid trying to prove himself.  Infact one of the issues surrounding Valencia are that there are too many inexperienced individuals in tough times in that squad.

Plus there's the fan issue and the dissent within the dressing room.  All of this ignoring the laughable boardroom.

The only Valencia man in the board room resigned last week in the shape of García Pitarch.

Barça legend (who's been out of the game for years) Alexanco has taken over...  They are an absolute joke!

Valencia CF: La marcha de García Pitarch deja solo a Lim | Deportes ...

Edited by SirBalon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I think he'd find it difficult to get into the first team at Villarreal mate.  He was stupid to move from Sporting Gijón as Barça were willing to offer his services for another season and he had become a protagonist in La Liga at many points.

Valencia need a stronger character to turn things around than a kid trying to prove himself.  Infact one of the issues surrounding Valencia are that there are too many inexperienced individuals in tough times in that squad.

Plus there's the fan issue and the dissent within the dressing room.  All of this ignoring the laughable boardroom.

The only Valencia man in the board room resigned last week in the shape of García Pitarch.

Barça legend (who's been out of the game for years) Alexanco has taken over...  They are an absolute joke!

Valencia CF: La marcha de García Pitarch deja solo a Lim | Deportes ...

I was thinking that when writing it mate as they are certainly full of talent at the moment.

Las Palmas, thinking of it, would be a class move as Jese seems to be going there as well. They are forming a very interesting and exciting little team there.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I was thinking that when writing it mate as they are certainly full of talent at the moment.

Las Palmas, thinking of it, would be a class move as Jese seems to be going there as well. They are forming a very interesting and exciting little team there.

Las Palmas have indeed got a top side and a fantastic coach (ex Lugo coach :greengrin:). That would be a very good move indeed and great weather all year round. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Las Palmas have indeed got a top side and a fantastic coach (ex Lugo coach :greengrin:). That would be a very good move indeed and great weather all year round. 

It would have been good to see Sandro, Munir and Halilovic go to the likes of Celta and Las Palmas as they would do well at these clubs and thrive I think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simone-Zaza-Valencia.jpg

Simone Zaza signs for Valencia CF

Zaza moves from Juventus to Valencia CF on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy.

This particular signing was personally negotiated by the now departed Italian coach Cesare Prandelli.  Infact the sticky points on the signing were one of the many reasons why Prandelli departed but finally the deal went through but ironically without the Italian coach at the helm.

Oficial: Zaza, nuevo jugador del Valencia CF - Superdeporte

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2017 at 9:55 PM, SirBalon said:

They can PISS OFF! I tell no lies when I say that THEY are practically the sole reason Lim was permitted to purchase the club. They deserve to burn. 

The fans, or that particular group? Educate me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bring Me My Bow said:

The fans, or that particular group? Educate me.

The fans in general mate.  I lived there for 10 years and they're exactly as they're known to be which is tetchy about the status of their club and feel they deserve more than they get.  They turn on coaches (historically) like there's no tomorrow.  I can't remember a coach be remembered totally well...  Even Rafa Benítez who gave them some incredible moments ended his time there being whistled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The fans in general mate.  I lived there for 10 years and they're exactly as they're known to be which is tetchy about the status of their club and feel they deserve more than they get.  They turn on coaches (historically) like there's no tomorrow.  I can't remember a coach be remembered totally well...  Even Rafa Benítez who gave them some incredible moments ended his time there being whistled.

Was there much telling that Peter Lim would end up the way he did? A taxi driver I spoke to in Valencia said he promised financial injections and had the outside of the Mestalla decorated, which was long overdue (and looks fantastic) so there was a lot of excitement at the time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bring Me My Bow said:

Was there much telling that Peter Lim would end up the way he did? A taxi driver I spoke to in Valencia said he promised financial injections and had the outside of the Mestalla decorated, which was long overdue (and looks fantastic) so there was a lot of excitement at the time.

Lim did as he said...  He's injected tons of money into the club and instead of being a selling club and a club on the verge of extinction, they've been one of the biggest spending clubs in Spain over the past two seasons.

They, the Valencia fans were the ones that forced the hand of both the local government who had part control on the club so it wouldn't become extinct and Bankia who Valencia owed most of their debt to.  Both parties wanted other bidders but because the then acting president Amadeo Salvo had made a deal with Peter Lim and his voice was much louder than anyone else's due to it coming from inside the club while the other voices were coming from the establishment.

Where is Amadeo Salvo now and why did he leave?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Orellana could be signing for Valencia, would be a decent signing as he was very good for Celta last season.

Valencia do seem to have a lot of players in his mould though, they have a lot of luxury players. Valencia are crying out for a defensive midfielder and a striker is also still needed.

Edited by carefreeluke
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

a striker is also still needed.

They've  just brought in Simone Zaza this week.  They must now officially be the European club with the most strikers in a squad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They've  just brought in Simone Zaza this week.  They must now officially be the European club with the most strikers in a squad.

Really? 

Rodrigo isn't clinical enough, Munir hasn't done as well as expected, Negredo is shite.

Santi Mina has done well up front recently under Voro but that's about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Really? 

Rodrigo isn't clinical enough, Munir hasn't done as well as expected, Negredo is shite.

Santi Mina has done well up front recently under Voro but that's about it.

Santi Mina is class.  He was mental to go there!!!  I was so upset when that happened.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

01-Kempes.jpg

VCF board sack club legend Mario Kempes as ambassador

 

Argentina and Valencia legend Mario Kempes was yesterday told by the Valencia CF board that his services were no longer required at the club. He was asked by the club not to make it public until they could both get together and create a reason so as to not get the VCF fans even more upset.

Valencia yesterday lost at home to Eibar 0-4 in La Liga and there were mass demonstrations outside the stadium calling for the board to stand down and for Peter Lim to sell the club.  These are the same fans that done a similar mass demonstration a few years back so Peter Lim could infact be selected as the potential buyer of the club.

 

Kempes in his Twitter account after posting the fact he had been relieved of his obligations went on to post some more and saying;

"Ladies and gentlemen we are all witnessing a club with no direction and no understanding of what's required.  No football, terrible direction which doesn't exactly want to make you watch them"

"But my sentiments for this club will never change.  I will continue to give my opinion on whatever I see as incorrect.  Amunt Valencia!"

n_valencia_matador_mario_alberto_kempes-

A similar situation happened when Sandro Rosell took over as president of FC Barcelona from Joan Laporta.  He had a falling out with Barça legend Johan Cruyff and so as to get back at him he said he would take away his honorary presidency title and that it should go up for a vote by the club members who are the owners.   It was a nasty way of doing things because as in this case with Valencia and Kempes, the Barça fans would never have wanted Cruyff ousted.  Johan Cruyff declined the offer of being reinstated because he didn't want anything to do with Sandro Rosell.  Things were being worked out between the now president of Barça, Bartomeu but sadly Johan Cruyff passed away last year and that's where that story ended.

The VCF board (owners) know nothing about this club and continue to rip the history out of its heart!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems we have certificated this week our no-relegation.  Let's see next season, but If we manage to keep Soler, Parejo & Enzo with us, things are gonna be better.

Edited by VCF1919
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now