SirBalon

FC Barcelona Discussion

2,659 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's quite literally what every club need as he is the perfect midfielder in Europe atm. 

Would want him at Chelsea but it seems we are very keen on getting Bakayoko from Monaco. 

Verratti and Denis could really be something to look forward to if the Italian was to sign in the summer, then add the experience of Iniesta and Busquets and that could solve the midfield problems(Andre Gomes will never be that man, let's be honest). Verratti and Denis also have a long career ahead and age on their side.

There is also Rakitic still. He's having a torrid season but his talent is unquestionable and a new manager may even revitalise him.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Verratti and Denis could really be something to look forward to if the Italian was to sign in the summer, then add the experience of Iniesta and Busquets and that could solve the midfield problems(Andre Gomes will never be that man, let's be honest). Verratti and Denis also have a long career ahead and age on their side.

There is also Rakitic still. He's having a torrid season but his talent is unquestionable and a new manager may even revitalise him.

Especially if that manager is Sampaoli. I would love to see him coach Barça with his incredible enthusiasm. 

Last Sunday against Leganés, for the first time in their 88 years La Liga history, Barcelona fielded 10 foreign players in their line up. :blink:

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Last Sunday against Leganés, for the first time in their 88 years La Liga history, Barcelona fielded 10 foreign players in their line up. :blink:

Yep... Only Sergi Roberto was Spanish. Another thing the press are hitting him hard with. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yep... Only Sergi Roberto was Spanish. Another thing the press are hitting him hard with. 

Would they be giving him shit if the starting line-up was entirely Spanish but had no Catalans?

Player recruitment has been awful this season for Barcelona, they have paid a lot of money to buy a lot of shit,  What has happened to their academy for them to go down this route,  whoever is incharge of player recruitment really does need to be changed. 

Kevin Strootman and Christian Eriksen would be good for Barcelona and also it would be going down their old tradition of buying those sorts of nation players who understand the Barcelona way. 

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Van Gaal must of beat that! he had Hesp, Reiziger, F, de Boer, Dehu, Bogarde, R. de Boer, Cocu, Litmanen, Figo, Kluivert, Rivaldo  

Edited by VanPanna

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Would they be giving him shit if the starting line-up was entirely Spanish but had no Catalans?

Actually they wouldn't as difficult as that may be to believe.  The story there is La Masia, and within it are players from all over Spain and from abroad.

You seem to think that the Catalan thing is paramount and it isn't...  The noise from the few is louder than the masses.

30 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Player recruitment has been awful this season for Barcelona, they have paid a lot of money to buy a lot of shit,  What has happened to their academy for them to go down this route,  whoever is incharge of player recruitment really does need to be changed. 

Kevin Strootman and Christian Eriksen would be good for Barcelona and also it would be going down their old tradition of buying those sorts of nation players who understand the Barcelona way. 

Van Gaal must of beat that! he had Hesp, Reiziger, F, de Boer, Dehu, Bogarde, R. de Boer, Cocu, Litmanen, Figo, Kluivert, Rivaldo  

The players they want are Isco (a Barça fan) and Verratti.  They also desperately need a right-back, but there are many many names being mentioned there because they can't get the one they really want and that would fit in blindly.

1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

Some of the signings were good, but are just not being used properly or need time to fully adapt. The likes of Denis and Umtiti potentially have a big future at the club. Paco Alcacer would be a good option to bring off the bench as well if Enrique even used him. Denis should also be starting all the time as he's shown what he's about.

Andre Gomes was a terrible signing though and I said it from the start.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Actually they wouldn't as difficult as that may be to believe.  The story there is La Masia, and within it are players from all over Spain and from abroad.

You seem to think that the Catalan thing is paramount and it isn't...  The noise from the few is louder than the masses.

The players they want are Isco (a Barça fan) and Verratti.  They also desperately need a right-back, but there are many many names being mentioned there because they can't get the one they really want and that would fit in blindly.

I don't know what the media is like in Barcelona so that is why I asked. I didn't know if they were the types to simply move onto a different 'problem'. Why aren't they all Spanish? -> Why aren't they all Catalan? -> Why aren't they all from La Masia? -> ad nauseum

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Some of the signings were good, but are just not being used properly or need time to fully adapt. The likes of Denis and Umtiti potentially have a big future at the club. Paco Alcacer would be a good option to bring off the bench as well if Enrique even used him. Denis should also be starting all the time as he's shown what he's about.

Andre Gomes was a terrible signing though and I said it from the start.

As you know mate, I haven't wanted to criticise André Gomes this season for obvious reasons ranging from the fact it's his first season at a new club and also how difficult it is to come in as an outsider to play for Barcelona, on top of that in the most vital part of the field which is midfield where this club is concerned.  You have to be something special to fit in there and if you haven't been brought up in that, well you can only imagine how difficult it is to feel part of the mechanics.

I feel Luis Enrique has part of the blame on all of this because he's played him out of position.  André Gomes isn't a holding midfielder and there is still a bad habit of putting tall strong midfielders in that position which is the case here.  Due to his body mass and stature, he's covered for Busquets' various injuries and suspensions this season which he has failed in doing.  He is poor there and there are various Barça midfielders (Sergi Roberto included) that can do a better job in that position.  I don't know what's happened between Luis Enrique and Ivan Rakitić, but whatever it is has been obvious now for about two months.  The Barça coach has had the Croatian on the bench and even left him out of three different match-day squads altogether.  Rakitić is presently a vital part of a good Barça performance and all those shenanigans by Luis Enrique have only helped for Rakitić to lose confidence and that special feel for playing in that midfield.  Iniesta being injured so much this season hasn't helped either and add to that Luis Enrique's rotations so as to rest players for the final part of the season which has also nourished a poor team feeling between the players on the field of play.

All this sounds like I'm placing all the blame on Luis Enrique's shoulders but that's far from the case.  These are mere details that haven't helped and bad luck with injuries, "terrible" refereeing (notice the commas on the word 'terrible') have all added to the misfortune.

André Gomes is a very good players with the potential to be a fantastic one.  He does seem to have self belief issues and that's where his compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo could give him a helping hand (apologies for the low blow there) because without a doubt believing in yourself is a big psychological part in sport so as to be able to function properly.  Being played out of position hasn't helped as I've already stated, but even then, André has the capabilities technically to defend himself against most opposition considering he's playing amongst some of the best players in the world in their respective positions.  I have a fear he will be ostracised in the future until he leaves and it's a shame because I personally did have hope in that signing as is well documented on my comments when he was at Valencia.

All the other signings are very good ones in my view and it's just particular circumstances that haven't helped the situation.  Some say that Barça are now embedded in a football crisis and others say that this is all foolish (like Hristo Stoichkov today) because it's all based on one result (the PSG result).  But I think it's neither all that much of a crisis neither is it a situation of everything's ok and it will all come into play.  It's all somewhere in the middle in my view and whatever it is, I doubt it's going to be fixed this present season and I'm surprised they're even in there with chances still (the Champions League chance very long indeed) to win all three major tournaments.  I think La Liga and the Champions League are gonnners because you can't make that many errors in one season, but there are foundations there for building another great side with a few additions.  For me they should be betting on more La Masia players because there are some fantastic talents there and HERE is where I really am willing to go hell for leather against Luis Enrique.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Is it time for Barcelona to move on from Iniesta? 

They certainly have to bed in Denis Suárez to replace him in the future.  The answer is at home although there will never be another Andrés Iniesta because the greats are irreplaceable.  They still haven't found the answer for replacing Xavi and that's the first priority as Iniesta has more than just a few years left in him if the coach picks and chooses intelligently when he plays.

Barça had the answer for Xavi at home with Thiago Alcántara, but this board are mugs.

1487752342284.jpg

Héctor Bellerín is the ultimate target for Barça

On the 17th of September 2016 Barcelona based sports daily SPORT announced that even if Bellerín signed a new deal at Arsenal that Barça would still have him as priority number one for the right back position.  Bellerín surely signed his renewal at Arsenal FC for 5 years and most Spanish sports news portals said that this would make it very difficult if not impossible for FC Barcelona to sign the Spanish full-back.

There have been massive issues in that area of the field since Dani Alves departed to Serve 'A' and Juventus.  Aleix Vidal had been signed from Sevilla during Alves' final season at Barça so as to bed him in but conflicts with the Barça coach Luis Enrique stuttered the player's insertion into first team affairs and not until one month ago did he finally acquire faith in his coach and was starting not only to play as a first teamer, but was actually pulling out some top performances...  In 6 games before his unfortunate injury he had 5 goal assists and had scored two goals.  Then came the injury against Osasuna in the final 5 minutes of the game where his ankle was dislocated and ligaments had been ripped which will keep him out for a minimum of 5 months.

But Héctor Bellerín was always priority number one for the club and this is the reason no approaches were made to other full-backs during the summer or the winter break.  Barça are willing to fork out the money necessary to bring Bellerín to the Camp Nou as he is obviously the perfect option for the team and more so having been brought up in La Masia before moving to Arsenal from Barça's Cadet Level.

Today all of Spain's sports dailies have the news as either their front page or within the newspaper.  The turmoil at Arsenal with results, the coach and heavyweight players not renewing has fuelled speculation as to Bellerín looking with uncertainty to his future at the North London club.

Will Bellerín let this train pass?  It will be interesting to see how events unfold.

SPORT ya anticipó que Bellerín era la primera opción del Barça para el 2017

Bellerín, el lateral deseado por el Barça

Bellerín: buena nota pese al 5-1 del Bayern

"Hambrientos de Champions", "Bellerín, el nº1 del Barça"... 

La renovación de Rakitic y el objetivo Bellerín

Apparently Koeman has a clause in his Everton contract if a club like Barcelona come in for him he can go.   I can really see him going now, there has been a lot of talk in the Dutch press about it

32 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Apparently Koeman has a clause in his Everton contract if a club like Barcelona come in for him he can go.   I can really see him going now, there has been a lot of talk in the Dutch press about it

You can see him going because "he" (Koeman) had a clause put into his contract to allow him to speak with Barcelona?

This changes nothing. Koeman can have the job all he wants but Barcelona themselves have to want him.

Sampaoli has to be the front runner, although I'm sure Ronald will be discussed somewhere.

it just makes it easier for them him having a clause. 

The only club Koeman would break a current contract for is Barça. He loves the club and the Barcelona fans have him as a legend. 

@SirBalon, let's say Wenger has a clause in his Arsenal contract that if Barcelona come in for him he can go, otherwise he will spent 10 more years at Arsenal. Would you like for it to happen since you want Wenger to leave Arsenal?:ninja::biggrin:

Edited by Fusion

12 minutes ago, Fusion said:

@SirBalon, let's say Wenger has a clause in his Arsenal contract that if Barcelona come in for him he can go, otherwise he will spent 10 more years at Arsenal. Would you like for it to happen since you want Wenger to leave Arsenal?:ninja::biggrin:

Hahaha you bitch! :lols:

Neither! The further away from both clubs he is, the better for all involved. :wink:

He should become a pundit. The level of punditry could get better with him and we can then say that not only did he make Arsenal into a big club but also that he made punditry a great artistic career option.