Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
werner

Australian A-League

78 posts in this topic

Red card for Jacques Faty, brought down Berisha as he was through on goal.

Sydney FC equalise! David Carney 1-1.

Anybody ever seen a team go from bottom to top in less than 100 days?

Eight rounds in and Adelaide United were rooted to the bottom without a win. 14 rounds later, and the mighty Reds sit on top!! What a run of results!

It's the final today!

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide Utd. 

Kamau scores! 1-0 to Adelaide

2-0! Wonderful free-kick from Isaias.

Happy Adelaide won. What an incredible season.I watched many, many games this year. I find it to be a very entertaining league, and now we must sadly wait for another 5 months :(

Dodgy stuff from Sydney FC not telling Chris Naumoff about his possible fatal heart condition. What type of club does that nonsense?

It's going to be an interesting season. Some very strong squads this year and a couple of poor ones. I'll miss the opening weekend's games (in two weeks) but will get my online subscription sorted so I can watch Perth Glory challenge for the title, surely, with our squad. Most looking forward to seeing Rhys Williams who before all of his injury problems was technically our best defender. Surpreme technical ability and reading of the play. Poor bloke had to miss two world cups but hopefully this is a start of a comeback for the former Boro captain.

Sydney and victory have good squads too, and of course City with Fornaroli and Cahill.

Edited by Shinkansen

It's going to be an interesting season. Some very strong squads this year and a couple of poor ones. I'll miss the opening weekend's games (in two weeks) but will get my online subscription sorted so I can watch Perth Glory challenge for the title, surely, with our squad. Most looking forward to seeing Rhys Williams who before all of his injury problems was technically our best defender. Surpreme technical ability and reading of the play. Poor bloke had to miss two world cups but hopefully this is a start of a comeback for the former Boro captain.

Sydney and victory have good squads too, and of course City with Fornaroli and Cahill.

It's kind of sad how William's career panned out. Should by all rights still be at Boro. 

I miss going to games on Caxton. Loved it, shame I was always broke.

Edited by Spike

can't wait for this to get going again. Love watching games that early especially when there's other football on later on in the day. Pretty much every game is almost always entertaining. And the commentator on BT Sport are brilliant  :lol:

Can I expect Brisbane to do well this coming season?

can't wait for this to get going again. Love watching games that early especially when there's other football on later on in the day. Pretty much every game is almost always entertaining. And the commentator on BT Sport are brilliant  :lol:

What time do you get them mate? The Friday night fixtures that would kick off early Friday morning for you guys and similar on Saturdays that would lead into the early EPL game. But there's also day games that would be on at 2am or something over there...

What time do you get them mate? The Friday night fixtures that would kick off early Friday morning for you guys and similar on Saturdays that would lead into the early EPL game. But there's also day games that would be on at 2am or something over there...

Usually a game at 8am and then 10 or 10.30am if I remember correctly. 

Can't watch Friday ones as I'm at work but usually a couple of games on that I can watch across Saturday and Sunday. 

A-League currently underway with Brisbane hosting Melbourne Victory. Currently 0-0 but Matt McKay has got a red card in his 200th appearance. Hasn't been a bad game but shame there's no goals yet.

Big games tomorrow - Cahill could make his debut for Melbourne City at Wellington Phoenix and then there's a Sydney Derby after that.

Victory take the lead. Mitch Austin in the 82nd minute. 0-1.

Brisbane get a very, very late equaliser, against all odds! Victory should have seen this out. No idea how the guy has scored it but he's falling back and gets a foot on it and it loops in.

Big fan of the film so looking forward to watching this

Silly by Victory. Terrible goal to concede and should have been cleared long beforehand.... decent game start to the season though.

Edited by Mr Red

There's been a red card in each game so far of the opening round of the A-League  :lol:

Western Sydney Warriors just got beaten at home 0-4 by their rivals Sydney FC. 

Perth 3-0 up at half-time.

Central Coast Mariners bring it back to 3-3 after 86 minutes. 

Tim Cahill. First game back in Oz, a derby, and he does this!!

Melbourne $ity 2-3 Perth Glory

big bad Keogh with a hat trick. Cahill did nothing. If we hadn't drawn our first game we'd be flying! 

Cahill scores another header for Melbourne City against Perth Glory. 1-0. 

This is why I love the A-League :lols:, It's now 2-2.

Fornaroli curled one in to make it 2-1. He then had a chance to score a penalty. It was saved, Perth counter and Diego Castro tucks it in to equalise about 20 seconds later.

This is amazing. 3-3 in the final minute. City get their THIRD penalty of the match with a chance to win it. Djulbic got sent off for the kick out at Fernando

Fernando gets sent off as well for his part, he kicked out at Djulbic as well. 

it looked like Fernando made the first  foul as well so should have been a free-kick to Perth!

Penalty saved!! Reddy saves a Fornaroli penalty for the 2nd time in the match!

Being a Perth Glory fan is fuckign testing haha. What an epic game. Liam Reddy the saviour.

Rhys Williams and Joseph Mills training with the youth team - something is not right at the club. We are in a mess regardless of the good comeback(s) last night.

Melbourne Victory 4-2 Newcastle Jets

More great entertainment in the A-League. 

Melbourne were cruising as 3-0, one goal which included Besart Berisha breaking the record for most A-League goals in history. Newcastle added some pressure by making it 3-1. Victory shortly extended the lead back to 4-1 before Newcastle scored another to make it a bit of a nervy ending. Finished 4-2 and Victory narrow the gap on the leaders Sydney FC.

Hate that Albanian car salesman. Terrible officiating again in the A-League, people complain about the Prem, but our referees are leagues worse!

Missed the earlier game between Brisbane and Newcastle in which the latter won 3-2. 

Victory have just taken the lead through a lovely James Troisi goal away at Adelaide. Looked to be a foul in the lead up though.

absolute scenes in Melbourne!!

Berisha misses a penalty for Victory in 63rd min.
City score through an own goal in 74th min
Victory equalise in 84th min
Victory go ahead through a controversial own goal in 87th min. In the melee after that goal, Tim Cahill, sub about to come on, gets sent off for presumably saying something unsavoury to the ref.

Superb own goal by La Roca, Adelaide Utd defender. Free header top corner.

Yeah my side Perth won 5-0 in Adelaide. Crazy. 

The women's side are hosting a home final as we speak now, but I believe they're losing 1-0 to Melbourne City.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:40 PM, Shinkansen said:

Hate that Albanian car salesman. Terrible officiating again in the A-League, people complain about the Prem, but our referees are leagues worse!

Nothing is as bad as Australian referees in general.

Would agree.

Side note: Perth Glory history (youth, men's and women's) now have a fantastic record of 9 Grand Finals played, won 2 lost 7. Haha fuck.