Photo

Wayne Rooney (Real Madrid ponder summer move)

• Please log in to reply
945 replies to this topic

#921 Muller127

Muller127

I love to KOP-ulate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Favourites:Agger, Modric, Stevie G, Lahm, Reus, El Shaa, Cech
  • Country Flag

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Then your location is Northern Ireland.

Yeh, I just prefer to put my location as Bristol.

#922 Redpearl

Redpearl

Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it all..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Favourites:CR7, Figo, Zidane, Giggs, EVDSar, Cantona
  • Country Flag

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Chelsea will test Manchester United's desire to keep hold of in-form Wayne Rooney, 28, with a new £35m bid in January.

Not again!

http://metro.co.uk/2...triker-4162576/

#923 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Manchester United plan to offer England striker Wayne Rooney, 28, a new four-year contract worth a reported £52m by the New Year.

The Sun.

Now, that's some sort of a good news...

#924 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

The Marmite of TFF.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • Favourites:SAS, Coutinho, Gerrard, Super Brendan.
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Manchester United plan to offer England striker Wayne Rooney, 28, a new four-year contract worth a reported £52m by the New Year.

The Sun.

Now, that's some sort of a good news...

Not for United's bank balance.

#925 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

It's worth that much rather than spending £30-50m on a £20-25m rated player... That's what is going on in the tranfer market...

#926 Flamaxi

Flamaxi

FourSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,408 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Well if that news is true then it looks like Rooney's plan worked once again. He'll probably ask to leave a year after signing that new contract in order to get another payrise.

#927 Evil Receptionist

Evil Receptionist

We can do it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Favourites:Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Danny Blanchflower
  • Country Flag

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

The Rooney 'saga' is really getting boring now, every time there is a new headline, but will Rooney leave United if they do well this season? I think, if United pull off a remarkable turn around then he will stay and help Moyes carry on into a legacy of managing United. However if United do again slip up, and perhaps finish 4th, or 5th, and have an unsuccessful Champions League campaign then I would have the feeling he would want to leave knowing Moyes may not be the right man for the club. Rooney, I think, has got to the point where his football matters the most, which is a good thing and a move away from a struggling United could be the best thing for him to do.

#928 Dialga

Dialga

Simply the Best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Favourites:Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Fabregas and Pique
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I feel Wayne Rooney might seriously consider Arsenal's interest-if he wasn't already considering the move back in the summer.

However, Rooney is now 28 years old and he mightn't win another major title at Manchester United again, and now that Arsenal are showing that they are to be taken seriously again, he might consider going to Arsenal. 

I feel a Rooney move probably isn't what Arsenal need right now though, but a man like Wayne Rooney will add to pretty much any team in the world, he's an amazing player, and he will be a major coup for Arsenal if they can get a deal done.

#929 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,561 posts
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Rooney, I think, has got to the point where his football matters the most, which is a good thing and a move away from a struggling United could be the best thing for him to do.

So he's going to prove his worth to any new club by running off at the first sign of trouble (which he's already done once and possibly twice). Basically what your saying is that all good players should jump ship if the team doesn't perform to their expectation during 1 season. Bravo. How about proving your worth by sticking around and dragging the club back to better things? Or have we all been brainwashed by this fucking shit new millionaire footballer mentality?

However, Rooney is now 28 years old and he mightn't win another major title at Manchester United again, and now that Arsenal are showing that they are to be taken seriously again, he might consider going to Arsenal.

Have Arsenal won the league? Is it still November? Is the gap only 5 points? Did United just beat them to show they are still at least contending? The mentality of some people is truly bewildering.

#930 Dialga

Dialga

Simply the Best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Favourites:Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Fabregas and Pique
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

All I said is Arsenal are proving that they should be taken seriously again, I never said they have won the league or that they will win the league...

#931 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,561 posts
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yet Rooney will be off to Arsenal because they 'might' be title contenders. Laughable.

#932 TigerAFC

TigerAFC

#NoToHullTigers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't think Rooney is going anywhere. He looks like a different player this year compared to last year, and clearly is enjoying playing under Moyes. Rooney must surely be the fittest he's even been in a United shirt a fact highlighted by the amount of work he did for for United against Arsenal.

Whether Rooney finishes his career at United is debatable. But I agree with Ron Atkinson who said in the papers today, that if United sign him to another long term contract, that takes him into his early 30s, by which time it's unlikely he'd move to a United rival if he did decide to leave.

The thing with Rooney is, he's the last of a breed of old fashioned street footballers. While they have some affiliation to the the team they play for, they play for the thrill of the game the rest is just a distraction. They want the ball at their feet and they want to play every game. They don't care if there's 100 fans in the crowd or 76,000.

#933 Jnzaj

Jnzaj

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Would be a step down but I don't care if he leaves.

#934 Flamaxi

Flamaxi

FourSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,408 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Don't know why Chelsea have stopped being linked with him. They should be able to satisfy his money hungry needs.

#935 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

He won't be going anywahere.. All this hipe is all about clubs showing interest in him not him jumping for it... I don't see him moving anywhere else the next season or the one after than even.. He seems dedicated to his play at United and doing great compared to what he was in the last few seasons..

#936 LFCMadLad

LFCMadLad

LFCMad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts
  • Favourites:Gerrard, Carra, Alonso, Coutinhooooooo
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

He won't be going anywahere.. All this hipe is all about clubs showing interest in him not him jumping for it... I don't see him moving anywhere else the next season or the one after than even.. He seems dedicated to his play at United and doing great compared to what he was in the last few seasons..

Due to nobody being willing to stump up that extra bit of cash last summer, he is now simply playing out of his skin to secure a move for the next summer window.

Edited by LFCMadLad, 18 November 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#937 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

You might be right in what you say but he is not jumping for a movement away from United like he did before and during the transfer window in June.. That means he is not up for it but then you never know it might happen.. Just that I wouldn't expect that happening cause he seems more into United now.. Let's see..

#938 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 28, is likely to accept a new contract worth over £250,000 per week because former manager Sir Alex Ferguson's influence at the club since his retirement is not as big as he had expected.

Manchester United’s hopes of keeping Wayne Rooney have been boosted by Sir Alex Ferguson’s ­diminishing influence at Old Trafford.

While the England striker will keep his options open when he talks with the ­champions about a new contract, Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that Rooney’s concerns about the Fergie fear factor continuing to cast a shadow over him – and the club – have been allayed by David Moyes.

Rooney’s determination to leave United after almost a decade of service has faded since the summer.

United will still have to give Rooney a significant increase on his £250,000-a-week wages to persuade him to sign away the peak years of his career.

And he will also seek ­assurances from Moyes and vice-chairman Ed Woodward that the club will be major competitors in the transfer market so that he can add to his collection of five Premier League titles and solitary ­Champions League triumph.

But it is the way Moyes has stamped his authority on Old Trafford that has prompted ­Rooney’s drastic change of heart after a summer spent agitating for a move to Chelsea.

The Scot made it clear when he arrived at the club that he is his own man and that Ferguson should offer his counsel only if it was sought.

That has allowed him to rebuild bridges with his No.10 – playing him in his favoured striking ­position and giving him assurances he is key to the club’s future by refusing to countenance his sale.

http://www.mirror.co...chester-2799715

#939 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney, 28, is ready to begin discussions on a new four-year contract worth £50m with Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez, Anderson and Alex Buttner among those who could be leaving Old Trafford.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2nWUutJIF

Signing of the deal might be true but the rest, I doubt..

#940 2OLegend

2OLegend

Reserves

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Favourites:Solskjaer, v.Nistelrooy, Rooney, Ronaldo, Best, Berisha
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney, 28, is ready to begin discussions on a new four-year contract worth £50m with Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez, Anderson and Alex Buttner among those who could be leaving Old Trafford.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2nWUutJIF

Signing of the deal might be true but the rest, I doubt..

Those players could all leave except Chicho and I wouldn't care.

#941 Jnzaj

Jnzaj

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Those players could all leave except Chicho and I wouldn't care.

I would keep Welbeck and Clev as well.

#942 Fusion

Fusion

Greatest Spanish GK of all-time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts
  • Favourites:Alexis Sánchez
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I would keep Welbeck and Clev as well.

Add Anderson too.

Edited by Fusion, 15 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#943 Jnzaj

Jnzaj

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Add Anderson too.

Might as well keep Buttner while we're at it.

#944 Fusion

Fusion

Greatest Spanish GK of all-time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts
  • Favourites:Alexis Sánchez
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

And sell Carrick, he is bad. :ninja:

#945 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

How about keeping them all and Let Rooney leave... :rofl2:

#946 Redpearl

Redpearl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Real Madrid want striker Wayne Rooney, 28, to hold back on signing a new Manchester United contract so they can sign him for a bargain price next summer.

Full story: Sun on Sunday (subscription required) 

:rofl2:

Also: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is monitoring six targets - including Rooney - as he bids to strengthen the Blues' title challenge in the January transfer window.

Chelsea haven't hit top gear since the return of the Special One and Mourinho is planning big business, according to reports on the continent.

Starsport revealed earlier this week how Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarin was on Mourinho's wishlist.

But the Inter Milan star is not the only new face Chelsea are after.

Benfica's Nemanja Matic has impressed Mourinho but the Serb's £33.5m pricetag could prove a stumbling block

Guarin's Inter team-mate Andrea Ranocchia is Chelsea's top defensive target, although he has also caught the eye of Manchester United and Tottenham.

Mourinho is also interested in United star Wayne Rooney.

There are signs that he will sign a new deal at United but the Chelsea boss knows he could be the man to spark his misfiring strikeforce into life.

Monaco hitman Radamel Falcao and Porto's Jackson Martinez are also possible options.

Mourinho went to see Falcao in action against Belgium for his national team Colombia last month.

Martinez is valued at around £30m and could be an option when the transfer window reopens.

http://www.dailystar...an-Utd-s-Rooney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users