StanLCFC

2012/2013 League Cup Quarter-Final Draw

14 posts in this topic

Swansea vs Middlesbrough

Leeds vs Chelsea

Norwich vs Aston Villa

Bradford vs Arsenal

Hopefully the most successful team of the north east over the past 37 years will win it again :).

Good draw for us, hopefully we don't make it hard work for ourselves this time. Looks like being 4 premier league sides in the semi final, Swansea/Boro might cause an upset but I don't think Chelsea or ourselves will go weak enough for the opposition to take much of an advantage.

The problem with us with lesser opponents is that we walk into a match assuming that we've won it already. I hope that's not the case here.

Looking forward to Leeds vs Chelsea, could get a bit tasty! Bradford vs Arsenal should be interesting too, by no means a formality.

think its as good as any draw for us, another away day though in this competition

Hmm , we beat Sunderland away 1-0 in which we played good.

Swansea much better than Sunderland I think they are more or less the same standard im going for a 1-1 match Boro win on penalties.

Looking forward to Leeds vs Chelsea, could get a bit tasty! Bradford vs Arsenal should be interesting too, by no means a formality.

I know anything can happen in the cup...but they're league 2. I think it is as close to a formality as you can get in the quarter final stage of a tournament.

I can see a repeat of the 07 final. Would be nice if the result was the other way round but don't really see it.

I can see a repeat of the 07 final

Let's hope Diaby's fit for it then :thumbup:

Haha was going to say, he can finish the job!

Gutted with that draw. Anyone else (including Arsenal) and I'd have fancied a semi final.

Not so much now.