No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Maidana
  • Country Flag

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

You can caught me with hispanoamerican accents too (aside from cuban and argentinian), and for a more accustomed ear there should be problems about the rest of the cast in relation to their "regional" accents, but the Wagner Moura issue should be a glaring weakness for anyone with enough understanding of the spanish language (it's even worse than Gus Fring "odd" spanish in BB). 

You know, in the series, the conversations between Gustavo Gaviria (who actually sounds the way I would expect a "colombian" to sound) and Escobar feels like a dialog between a criminal mastermind and his retarded cousin (I am not telling you which one is the later).

The Breaking Bad's hispanoamerican accents were all tremendously fake, not even one of those was a fucking native.

Edited by Berserker, 30 August 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#762 Kowabunga

Kowabunga

Enlightened cholist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Joined 30-August 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

The Breaking Bad's hispanoamerican accents were all tremendously fake, not even one of those was a fucking native.

Well, yes. But I guess you can accept some "acclimatised" hispanos speaking rusty spanish in New México.

The problem, is they get to México and it's still the same.

#763 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,953 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Favourites:Carles Puyol
  • Country Flag

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Yeah they always have the same sounding "latino" accent in American TV programmes and most aren't natives. It's the same if they have an American playing an Englishman, Irishman or Scotsman. The accents are rarely great, but you probably wouldn't notice as much as me in this case.

But if you look past that, Narcos is excellent. The story and the narration are brilliant, it's my type of programme/film. 3 episodes watched so far and it's got me pumped up to watch the next one.

Edited by The Rebel CRS, 30 August 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#764 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Maidana
  • Country Flag

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yeah they always have the same sounding "latino" accent in American TV programmes and most aren't natives. It's the same if they have an American playing an Englishman, Irishman or Scotsman. The accents are rarely great, but you probably wouldn't notice as much as me in this case.

But if you look past that, Narcos is excellent. The story and the narration are brilliant, it's my type of programme/film. 3 episodes watched so far and it's got me pumped up to watch the next one.

There were a few narco series shown here in the past 2 years, "El Patron Del Mal" showing Escobar's life and another one about a guy named "Aurelio Casillas", i don't have Netflix right now but will try to watch it later in the web.

#765 Harrison84

Harrison84

Trainee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Watched Suits recently and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it...   Now working my way through House of Cards, towards the end of season two, I'm finding it unconventional but very absorbing and Spacey's performance is on the money.

I got into suits really really but got sick of it in the current season... Only so many times I can watch Louis Litt switch from being the good guy back to the bad guy...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users