Wez 17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Have also been re-watching X-Files recently. Can't help but chuckle at a lot of it. I was really into it when I was 8 or so years old and it first started on the air. Then eventually stopped watching it over the years and never actually watched the final seasons. Going back to the first season it's so much cheesier than I remember as a kid! :lol: Also never realised Seth Greene had made an appearance until now. Have been watching a lot of Skins too.

I love it mate. Reckon there needs to be more programs like this. I'm surprised how many stars are actually in this. You have Bryan chanson and Aaron Paul then the likes of jack black ryan Reynolds the list is massive.

#642 TrstntheGr1m

TrstntheGr1m

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13
  • Favourites:Gomez, Schweini, Müller, Kroos, Lahm, Neuer
  • Country Flag

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

I watched the first episodes of Outlander.

Aside from the fact it's actually a female oriented show and from the unbearable monologues of the lead character, I enjoyed it a bit. 

5,5/10

I was wondering about that show actually. At first when I saw the title I thought it was somehow a tv version of that viking sci-fi/time travel film Outlander...but seems not. Wasn't the best film ever but wouldn't have minded having something like that to watch week to week. I tried looking at the description of this Outlander show on wikipedia...is it based on like a romance novel or something or is it some decent legit historical/sci-fi?

I love it mate. Reckon there needs to be more programs like this. I'm surprised how many stars are actually in this. You have Bryan chanson and Aaron Paul then the likes of jack black ryan Reynolds the list is massive.

Yeah it really is surprising and there really should be more series like it or as creative anyway. Now there seems so many cop dramas that have the same story over and over and copy one another week in and week out but there's very little as unique or groundbreaking as X-Files was in the 90s. It's too bad. Still a lot of fun to re-watch though.

#643 Kowabunga

Kowabunga

Enlightened cholist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Joined 30-August 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

Apparently it's based on a romance novel series. It is pretty much an historical drama (mixed at 50%-50% with "how I left my husband and knew my scottish love") about things in Scotland before the third jacobite rising. So far the sci-fi element it's just the macguffin needed to put an outsider view making remarks in it and to insert a motivation regarding the lead character.

As I've said, her monologues are recurrent during the episodes and are utter-dull. Despite of its simplicity I've enjoyed the series as much (if not a bit more) as Vikings, which I don't find too impressive anyways.

Edited by Kowabunga, 14 September 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#644 TrstntheGr1m

TrstntheGr1m

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13
  • Favourites:Gomez, Schweini, Müller, Kroos, Lahm, Neuer
  • Country Flag

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Ah ok, thanks for the info, historical aspect sounds like it could be interesting anyway. Maybe I'll give an episode a try while waiting for some other series to start up again.

Just noticed your sig, by the way, nice :D  Mandzukic working out well for you guys so far?

Edited by TrstntheGr1m, 14 September 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#645 Wez 17

Wez 17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

I was wondering about that show actually. At first when I saw the title I thought it was somehow a tv version of that viking sci-fi/time travel film Outlander...but seems not. Wasn't the best film ever but wouldn't have minded having something like that to watch week to week. I tried looking at the description of this Outlander show on wikipedia...is it based on like a romance novel or something or is it some decent legit historical/sci-fi? Yeah it really is surprising and there really should be more series like it or as creative anyway. Now there seems so many cop dramas that have the same story over and over and copy one another week in and week out but there's very little as unique or groundbreaking as X-Files was in the 90s. It's too bad. Still a lot of fun to re-watch though.

Completely agree. There has been little time bits on a new series of it, which I'd like to see made. Also chris carter the creator is making a series called area 51 for AMC which sounds quite promising. We will see.

#646 Bluewolf

Bluewolf

The earth has music for those that listen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts
  • Joined 26-August 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

Current watches...

The second season of Blacklist has started so will be giving that a watch

The final season of Boardwalk Empire is under way

The final season of Sons of Anarchy

Got one episode to watch of Hannibal season 2

One two episodes to watch of Tyrant season 1

Finished Crossbones & The Last Ship now

Thought I would have a look at Scorpion and see what I think.. getting some good ratings from what I have seen..

Edited by Bluewolf, Yesterday, 06:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users