#121 Cantq

Cantq

Sunday League

• +Trialist
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hello friends,i am from Turkey.I'm Goalkeeper and i am young talented.My match video is watched 63 nations from all over the world.I hope this forum friend watch my video and comment.

Edited by Cantq, 27 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#122 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,751 posts
  • Joined 29-March 07
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Does anybody think he'd have quit if Barca won La Liga and/or the Champions League?

The problem is it doesn't matter what we think, we'll never know the reason why he's chosen to have a break at this stage. Yes, it seems to me he's chosen to do it when things aren't going well and do I honestly believe he'd have stayed if Barsa were winning everything? Yes, I do. He's had the rolling contract, so it's a matter of convenience that he could basically choose when to stop managing the team. He's been in this situation for 3/4 years and when he's won, he's renewed. Go figure.

#123 Tom FFC

Tom FFC

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yer Rijkaard was doing a fantastic job before him, wasn't he?Some real idiots on this forum.Comparing Guardiola to Ferguson and Mourinho is ridiculous, clearly he doesn't have the drive or unrelenting desire to win as they have. Ferguson and Mourinho are two horrible people, but fantastic managers, Guardiola doesn't want to become like them and can't be like them.

Precisely.He has won 13 or 17 (maybe 14 of 18 soon) competitions he has entered as a manager. When it comes to it, he has the same number of Champions League medals as Mourinho & Fergie.

Edited by odewire, 27 April 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#124 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

When all's said and done, whether you think he's a 'coward' or not he'll always be the man who managed the greatest footballing performance I've ever seen, against a Mourinho side no less.[media]

Edited by The Artful Dodger, 27 April 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#125 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,751 posts
  • Joined 29-March 07
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Its a good job football's all about opinions then.

#126 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Nah, there's good football and there's ugly football.

#127 Bravado

Bravado

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Joined 15-April 12
  • Favourites:Messi and Zidane
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

He did leave! :O

#128 Stef

Stef

This Northern Soul is trying his best to KTF, honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,628 posts
  • Joined 18-June 05
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ferguson - no.I would not give an example with Mourinho, though. Yes, he'd stick until he achieves his target - I'll give him that and is worth respect for it. But with him leaving Inter right after winning the Champions League I have him as a type of mananger that does not have the balls to stick around for years after achieving the ultimate goals in attempts to keep the team up there - which would include having to take the lows after the highs (because no team can win the Champions League and the domestic league year after year after year.For Guardiala, it is achievement enough that he stuck around for several seasons after the initial success earning and winning more and more.

Would you not suggest that when Mourinho left Inter, he had quit at the top; he'd done his objective?As Guardiola quit just after losing to Chelsea in the semis, it sounds a little bit like sour grapes. Had he left last season after winning the Champions League, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

How will a plan b work if the same players are implementing it?

From that post, I assume you've never seen a football match. What a ludicrous comment to make.

#129 AM Ricardo

AM Ricardo

My favorite player ever: Lars Ricken!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Joined 22-May 08
  • Favourites:Del Piero, Lars Ricken, Stephane Chapuisat, Andreas M�ller
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Being coach of a massive club like Barcelona is very stressful. I think people should understand and respect Pep's decision. It doesn't matter if he rich or successful, in the end of the day he's human being just like us and there are people that don't really well with such pressure. If he doesn't really has the drive to keep coaching, then he should step down because there are many people who want that position. It's a very noble decision and it shows the kind of person Pep is. That said I believe Barcelona will remain very strong, the best team of the world at least in a short-term. By the way, I heard a guy comparing the choice of Tito Vilanova to the appointment of Joe Fagan after Bob Paisley stepped down from Liverpool.

#130 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,250 posts
  • Joined 26-November 07
  • Favourites:Pepe Reina, Raul, Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Stef, there are just two different ways to approach this. My view is that it is a bigger achievement sticking around when at the top and containing success. It is really a matter of perspective and approach.

Edited by liverbird, 27 April 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#131 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yer Rijkaard was doing a fantastic job before him, wasn't he?Some real idiots on this forum.Comparing Guardiola to Ferguson and Mourinho is ridiculous, clearly he doesn't have the drive or unrelenting desire to win as they have. Ferguson and Mourinho are two horrible people, but fantastic managers, Guardiola doesn't want to become like them and can't be like them.

If he'd left last season, the exact same tools would be saying how "he's only left now because he doesn't want to get found out", etc. Either way, he couldn't win.What he's done for Barcelona has been amazing and the club have done alot during his time, so it's normal that there is alot of bitterness when it comes to anything Barcelona these days.Good luck Pep in whatever you do :congrats: .Looks like Tito Vilanova is going to take over for next season(whether that ends up a permanent deal or not is to be seen), that might not actually be a bad idea as he knows the club and players inside out.

#132 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Barcelona's boot room.

#133 Tom FFC

Tom FFC

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

When all's said and done, whether you think he's a 'coward' or not he'll always be the man who managed the greatest footballing performance I've ever seen, against a Mourinho side no less.

I'd argue his three best are these:3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r4_2uMpzKI2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUtpF2n5aM1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvMLdHVFiQ

Edited by odewire, 27 April 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#134 Bravado

Bravado

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Joined 15-April 12
  • Favourites:Messi and Zidane
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Looks like Tito Vilanova is going to take over for next season(whether that ends up a permanent deal or not is to be seen), that might not actually be a bad idea as he knows the club and players inside out.

That's the right thing to do, no dramatic changes involved. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

#135 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'd argue his three best are these:

Espanyol 1-5 Barcelona was up there as well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-YTWrma0zQ

Edited by Eyezil, 27 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#136 Maximiliano

Maximiliano

"The World Is Yours"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Joined 10-May 11
  • Favourites:España, Lampard, Scholes, Ozil, Kaka, Rossi, Aguero
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Top 5. 1. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid 2. Barcelona 3-1 Manchester United 3. Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal 4. Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona 5. Barcelona 2-0 Manchester United

#137 GON The Genius

GON The Genius

There's a new sheriff in town

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Comparing Guardiola to Ferguson and Mourinho is ridiculous, clearly he doesn't have the drive or unrelenting desire to win as they have. Ferguson and Mourinho are two horrible people, but fantastic managers, Guardiola doesn't want to become like them and can't be like them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Guardiola is leaving because he wants to be seen as a nice guy? What the fuck are you on about, load of rubbish. Obviously he can be compared to Ferguson and Mourinho because they are all managers at the top clubs in the game. Every manager should have 'unrelenting desire to win', if you don't then what's the point?! Guardiola is 4 years into his career and aged 41. In 2004, after 4 years of managing in Portugal and aged 41, Mourinho moved to Chelsea under an owner who we now know will not hesitate to sack an under-performing coach. What did Mourinho do, did he crumble under pressure? I seem to remember him winning the league and breaking the record points total. Yes Mourinho of course had money to spend but then Guardiola has spent around €300 million at Barca so far. He also hasn't had to contend with a hard to please owner - having "Barca DNA" he is, of course, safe. I really doubt someone who has had a connection to the club for 29 years in some capacity to realise that he 'needs a break'. There is a lot of media 'pressure' yes but it's not as if he's the only manager to face that, not even close. Guardiola has shown that he is not yet ready to rise to a challenge, to take a team that is not the best and make them win things - for me, he's bottled it.

#138 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Guardiola is leaving because he wants to be seen as a nice guy? What the fuck are you on about, load of rubbish. Obviously he can be compared to Ferguson and Mourinho because they are all managers at the top clubs in the game. Every manager should have 'unrelenting desire to win', if you don't then what's the point?!Guardiola is 4 years into his career and aged 41. In 2004, after 4 years of managing in Portugal and aged 41, Mourinho moved to Chelsea under an owner who we now know will not hesitate to sack an under-performing coach. What did Mourinho do, did he crumble under pressure? I seem to remember him winning the league and breaking the record points total. Yes Mourinho of course had money to spend but then Guardiola has spent around €300 million at Barca so far. He also hasn't had to contend with a hard to please owner - having "Barca DNA" he is, of course, safe. I really doubt someone who has had a connection to the club for 29 years in some capacity to realise that he 'needs a break'. There is a lot of media 'pressure' yes but it's not as if he's the only manager to face that, not even close. Guardiola has shown that he is not yet ready to rise to a challenge, to take a team that is not the best and make them win things - for me, he's bottled it.

Are you a retard? Where on earth do I say that you utter spastic.I said, people in this thread earlier where comparing him to those two men, and how they would never do what they do. I said you are comparing two entirely different personalities, Ferguson and Mourinho are extremely driven men, who seem to care about little else and I happen to think both are extremely obnoxious people. Guardiola isn't like that, I'm not saying you have to be like that to keep up the game but comparing him to those two men is ridiculous. Maybe he did bottle it, remains to be see what he does in the future, but comparisons to two of the greatest managers with totally different personalities are silly. Guardiola's a man who's continually said he wasn't there for the long-term.

#139 Maximiliano

Maximiliano

"The World Is Yours"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Joined 10-May 11
  • Favourites:España, Lampard, Scholes, Ozil, Kaka, Rossi, Aguero
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

To say he quit because he was facing failure at the club is ridiculous. Even leading towards last summer and spring he claimed his management wasn't long term. So the fact he didn't end on a high note, gives the assumption that he is only quitting because he is facing failure?

Edited by Maximiliano, 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#140 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

1. Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona(2008/2009 treble season) 2. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid(2010/2011 season) 3. Espanyol 1-5 Barcelona(2010/2011 season) 4. Barcelona 4-1 Bilbao(Copa del rey final 2009) 5. Barcelona 3-1 United(Champs league final 2011) 6. Barcelona 2-0 United(Champs league final 2009) 7. Estudiantes 1-2 Barcelona(club world cup final 2009) - That's got to be on there, even if it's not a prestigious tournament. Pep won his 6th trophy in a year and broke down in tears. Definitely one of his moments that will be remembered. 8. Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal(2009/2010 season) 9. Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona(Champs league semi-final 2010/2011) 10. Basically any other game from the treble year. If talking of great games where they were full of twists, turns and excitement rather than just a dominating performance then the best game since Pep's era would be Atletico 4-3 Barcelona in his first season as that was an immense game of end to end attacking football. I can't look past that one. Oh shit yeah and the game against Arsenal at the emirates which ended in a 2-2 draw was also a class game which is up there for entertainment.

Edited by Eyezil, 27 April 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#141 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

The treble season was fantastic, in fact I think that's my favourite team. The triumvirate of Messi-Eto'o-Henry was brilliant.

#142 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

The treble season was fantastic, in fact I think that's my favourite team. The triumvirate of Messi-Eto'o-Henry was brilliant.

Definitely.Last season was amazing as well, but in the treble season everyone expected it to be a "regeneration" peroid after the 2 below par seasons before it under Rijkaard and the fact alot of the older stars like Ronaldinho and Deco were sold, but in the end it was the most successful year in the clubs history.Oh and the 1-1 against Chelsea would have to be up there. It was a poor performance, but the moment when Iniesta scored was a legendary moment in the Pep era.

That's the right thing to do, no dramatic changes involved. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Puyol as player/manager :thumbup:.

Edited by Eyezil, 27 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#143 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#144 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

If he ends up at Chelsea next season then the last shred of respect I still have for him will go up in a big ball of flames

Why? Didn't Dalglish go to Blackburn after Liverpool ? Didn't Capello go elsewhere after Milan. I think Fergie has been lucky to find an ideal support structure at Manchester United, few managers have that. I think Guardiola should do whatever he feels is right, if it's positive or negative, it really doesn't matter.

#145 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

He may return to Barcelona at some stage as well, in fact I reckon he will, maybe in 15 years when he's had experience abroad and maybe Barcelona are in trouble.

#146 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, quit while you are ahead, he has taken the Capello route. Capello won everything with Milan and then left out of the blue when the media and fans alike questioned his decision. It was baffling, I think Guardiola will come back to Barcelona, it is inevitable, it's just a question of when. Anyone who thinks Guardiola has done this to draw attention away from Barcelona, clearly doesn't share the same perception I have of Guardiola , an honest and humble man, who deserves great respect for what he did. That's my 'eulogy' done, now I am sure he ll do something stupid like end up coming back next year.

#147 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

It's in a book... must be true...

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Favourites:Giggseh and Scholeseh
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yes Rijkaard was terrible. He only won the Champions League. What a loser

Precisely.He has won 13 or 17 (maybe 14 of 18 soon) competitions he has entered as a manager. When it comes to it, he has the same number of Champions League medals as Mourinho & Fergie.

And he'll never win another one because he's a quitter, walking out on the club he supported just because they've been knocked off their perch by the most successful club in Spain once again

there are people that don't really well with such pressure.

Yes and they are called 'bottlers' which is what I've said

If he'd left last season, the exact same tools would be saying how "he's only left now because he doesn't want to get found out", etc. Either way, he couldn't win.

I'd have found it strange as I could never imagine wanting to walk out on United if I was in a position to manage them but I'd have respected his decision to leave them on a high if he genuinely couldn't be arsed to manage the club he supported anymore.Impossible to respect him now

Why? Didn't Dalglish go to Blackburn after Liverpool ? Didn't Capello go elsewhere after Milan. I think Fergie has been lucky to find an ideal support structure at Manchester United, few managers have that. I think Guardiola should do whatever he feels is right, if it's positive or negative, it really doesn't matter.

Dalglish left Liverpool due to the pressures and strain of attending 96 funerals (a lot more stressful than managing a football club could ever be). It isn't like he left them because they were in decline (despite what I sometimes say to wind up LFC fans) or left them for more money elsewhere

#148 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Rijkaard didn't win it with that team though, he let the team rot and Barcelona were a mess when Guardiola came in. He changed the ethos, and they won absolutely everything, still you're clearly desperate to make your 'I have no respect for him' point irrespective of facts. As if he hasn't been under pressure every single year at Barcelona. His achievements speak for themselves, a lot of people have a chip on their shoulders about Barcelona, particularly Manchester United fans for some reason. I'm sure within a couple of months it will have changed again and you'll be saying they weren't very good at all lol.

#149 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Rijkaard didn't win it with that team though, he let the team rot and Barcelona were a mess when Guardiola came in. He changed the ethos, and they won absolutely everything, still you're clearly desperate to make your 'I have no respect for him' point irrespective of facts.As if he hasn't been under pressure every single year at Barcelona. His achievements speak for themselves, a lot of people have a chip on their shoulders about Barcelona, particularly Manchester United fans for some reason. I'm sure within a couple of months it will have changed again and you'll be saying they weren't very good at all lol.

I have nothing against Barcelona apart from 1 - making out they are somehow above other clubs by not selling out and having a shirt sponsor, then having a charity because they are so amazing and then selling out to Arabs like cunts.2 - The way they behaved in getting Fabregas (getting every single player to mention it every fucking day for two years). As well as being incredibly disrespectful and cuntish, it also smacked of smalltime behaviour. I'd expect that shite from Citeh or Chelsea, clubs who've achieved fuck all without handouts, not from 'More than a club'3 - The bandwagon cunts who never gave a shit about Barca until it was 'trendy' to do so.Yes, Guardiola was revolutionary in the way that he used Cruyff's ethos to bring something that Barcelona have never seen before (since Cruyff at least). What a fucking pioneer

#150 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I think it's a total nonsense to claim he has somehow ruined his reputation by "bottling it". He has had health issues with stress late last year and the year before that. This was at a time when Barcelona were successful. I think he has not left the club in an amateurs hands, I think when Guardiola took over at a time when most expected Barcelona to struggle or maybe pose a challenge as they do consistently anyway, but no one in their wildest dreams expected Barcelona to dominate as they did under him. I think he is far more methodical and mature than a man of his age,as I said with the Capello example, I think it was a mutually beneficial move to leave when he did. I genuinely believe Guardiola will be back to manage Barcelona in 2013/14. Unless of course you are from the fan's perspective, then sure, he has let them down by looking after his own interests.Cynicism is all well and good, realistic views are also good. Sometimes a little perspective and hindsight shows that most 'great' or talented individuals in general are flawed in some aspect or the other.

#151 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Whichever way you look at it he comes across as a very weak person

#152 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Oh yes, its very weak to think about your health and your family. Extremely weak.

#153 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I can see why people would say he's a bottler, etc due to the timing of him leaving but he always did say that he wasn't planning on staying in football for long, hence only signing one year deals at a time. It's a shame he has gone as he could have offered alot more but he looked absolutly shattered and jaded lately and if he thinks he's no longer up to the job, then him going could work out for the better anyway. He might want a year away from football to spend more time with his family, etc and sort his head out. Tito Vilanova will take over from next year, I think he could do a good job as he's been Pep's assistant since he managed the B team but the only problem is, he's had alot of health problems over the year.

Edited by Eyezil, 27 April 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#154 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Oh yes, its very weak to think about your health and your family. Extremely weak.

it's very weak to not be able to handle the 'pressure' of managing The Greatest Club of All Time Ever. Imagine how he'd fare in a relegation battle. If he can't handle managing a side that's won practically everything for 3 years then he's definitely right to quit football. He should watch games instead if he thinks he's up to the stress

#155 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

it's very weak to not be able to handle the 'pressure' of managing The Greatest Club of All Time Ever. Imagine how he'd fare in a relegation battle. If he can't handle managing a side that's won practically everything for 3 years then he's definitely right to quit football. He should watch games instead if he thinks he's up to the stress

The 'pressure' involves more than just the pathetic 'ave it' philosophy of Redknapp of showing a bit of love to your players and patting them on their arse. As we have seen with good managers who are successful and win trophies, it involves planning and organizing the future for young players, being involved in every aspect of the club and this doesn't include the motivation of the players still. I think Guardiola felt he was no longer capable of mustering any fresh ideas for his very talented players and that he had reached a limit to take this squad any further. He left it in good hands, I think it's not a weak decision, on the contrary, it's a very brave decision to walk away from one of the most prized jobs in football, coaching some of the most talented footballers on the planet.

#156 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'd ask myself how I'd feel if, say, Solskjaer had gone from managing our reserves to managing the first team, winning everything going then quitting just because Mourinho went to Liverpool and they pissed the league for the first time in 4 years. It wouldn't change my opinion of him for what he achieved as a player and as a manager but I would definitely think he was a bottlejob and I'd lose respect for him as a man

Edited by Salford Kel, 27 April 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#157 Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

> Messi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I would never judge anyone personally, I don't know them well enough to care. As for their sporting achievements, of course in ideal circumstances, it shouldn't happen, but as Alex Ferguson himself said 'The club is bigger than any individual'. Guardiola was right.

#158 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I would never judge anyone personally, I don't know them well enough to care. As for their sporting achievements, of course in ideal circumstances, it shouldn't happen, but as Alex Ferguson himself said 'The club is bigger than any individual'. Guardiola was right.

Yea we saw Ferguson meant that when he put Rooney before the club. Ferguson chats a lot of shit lately

#159 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,121 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Top 5.1. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid2. Barcelona 3-1 Manchester United3. Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal4. Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona5. Barcelona 2-0 Manchester United

the 2-6 has to be on there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgHBpgA5DqECanal+ commentators are class.

#160 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I remember watching that game, it was probably the game that gave the first massive indication of how much that team would achieve.

Edited by The Artful Dodger, 27 April 2012 - 11:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Barcelona, Josep Guardiola, La Liga, Sandro Rosell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users