I see.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts
  • Joined 21-November 04
  • Favourites:Ronaldo, Evans, Fletcher, Welbeck
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Reports in Barcelona this morning claimed Barca coach Guardiola had already held a meeting with club president Sandro Rosell, at which he outlined his future plans.

He will convey that message to the players when they reconvene for training tomorrow ahead of Sunday's trip to Rayo Vallecano, with the club then expected to reveal his decision.

Guardiola, 41, has operated on short-term deals throughout his time at the Barca helm and his latest deal expires in the summer.

But the manner of their defeat to Real Madrid last weekend - a defeat which effectively saw them relinquish their Primera Division title to Jose Mourinho's men - and the midweek exit to Chelsea in the Champions League semi-finals may prompt Guardiola to walk away after four trophy-laden years.

Speculation in Catalonia this morning suggested the former Spain and Barca midfielder was giving serious consideration to quitting, with reports linking him with Chelsea, Manchester United and even England.

Speaking after the game with Chelsea on Tuesday, Guardiola said: "I will speak with Tito [Vilanova, assistant manager] and see what we have to do.

"Right now, we need to talk more about the emotion of our players and how they recover because there are many players that have been playing a long time.

"We have to go to Rayo Vallecano [this weekend], we are still Barca, we have to continue doing things as we usually do them.

"So we will talk to the president as well and we will talk about everything - the situation what happened in these days and of course we will take a decision because it is time to take a decision now."

Guardiola stepped up from Barca B manager to first-team boss in 2008 and has gone on to become the most successful coach in the club's illustrious history.

He has led the azulgrana to two Champions League crowns, three La Liga trophies, one Copa del Rey, three Supercopas, two Uefa Super Cups and two Fifa Club World Cups.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9228854/Pep-Guardiola-to-decide-Barcelona-future-on-Friday.html

#2 Bravado

Bravado

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Joined 15-April 12
  • Favourites:Messi and Zidane
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Am I the only one who believes there's no way he's leaving?

#3 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

This situation can't be too good for the squad, ok it hasn't done much harm over the past 3 years but all this 'will he, won't he' may destabilise things.

#4 roversgirl

roversgirl

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,579 posts
  • Joined 20-June 09
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Sky Sources & Guillem Balague: Guardiola will leave Barca at the end of the season and take a break from football. It will be announced tomorrow at midday.

#5 Tom FFC

Tom FFC

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Honestly not surprised. He loves the job but hates the day-to-day stress. Wouldn't be surprised if he quit and came back in a few years time.

#6 Bravado

Bravado

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Joined 15-April 12
  • Favourites:Messi and Zidane
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Sky Sources & Guillem Balague: Guardiola will leave Barca at the end of the season and take a break from football. It will be announced tomorrow at midday.

:huh: Why would he do that?

#7 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Shame.

#8 SuperPav

SuperPav

The Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,396 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06
  • Favourites:Rafael van der Vaart
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Bottlejob. Mourinho's gonna get ya. Who will come in next then?

#9 Cark

Cark

Gary. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,648 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Management's not for everybody. Still, you can't argue with the team he put together, just a shame he didn't have the mental strength to deal with the rest of the bollocks as he was probably one of the few managers out there that could have rivaled Ferguson.

#10 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think if he does go then people will see how important he is at Barcelona.

#11 Nabeeh

Nabeeh

Sunday League

• +Trialist
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

As he already gave the hints that he will not leave barcelona. I hope so

#12 Pannaking 14

Pannaking 14

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,665 posts
  • Joined 19-February 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Guardiola resigning tomorrow lunchtime.New England coach big source!8 million a year to coach England!

#13 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Guardiola resigning tomorrow lunchtime.New England coach big source!8 million a year to coach England!

No way, he'll take a break.At Barcelona he worked with a philosophy ingrained into everyone from a child, England are a poor side with barely any technical ability.

#14 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Favourites:Carles Puyol
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

It's saying all over marca that they think he will leave due to losing the champs league and how Rossell is "offering him a blank cheque", but's it's not been 100% confirmed that he is defiinitely going yet. We'll see what Guardiola says tomorrow, but it doesn't look likely though. Can't think who would be a good replacement other than Bielsa.

#15 Paddy

Paddy

^ My face when I drop my toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • Joined 20-December 05

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

POPULAR

Boo fucking who your life in Barcelona is so tough. Spare me. Just another sign of how self obsessed that club is. Go work in the real world for a few days. Is he not aware of how privileged he is? Not only does he have something special in the team and players he has. Which he would never get back. But it also shows the total lack of self awareness he has, ultimately he has created all the fuss about will he or won't he go in what he has said and held himself. He was more than aware of the celebrity status of which that position has. He had seen it throughout his entire life. He is used to that amount of exposure. I would never walk out on something I have created and I know it's truly special. Even if I had a bit of a stinker. Just for a second. But i'm sure if he just takes a lovely holiday in the Caribbean and lets some multiple women fondle him while he has a nice drink and watches the sun set. And think, you know my life isn't so bad. I hope he doesn't return to football, so I can say credit to him. He didn't enjoy it and got out. But he wont, he will be back in the media and in a new job sooner than you know it. I'll make a bet right now he'll be the favorite for the Spain national job the next time its up.

#16 FourSix

FourSix

I am Chilean now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,814 posts
  • Joined 24-October 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Boo fucking who your life in Barcelona is so tough.Spare me.Just another sign of how self obsessed that club is. Go work in the real world for a few days. Is he not aware of how privileged he is? Not only does he have something special in the team and players he has. Which he would never get back. But it also shows the total lack of self awareness he has, ultimately he has created all the fuss about will he or won't he go in what he has said and held himself. He was more than aware of the celebrity status of which that position has. He had seen it throughout his entire life. He is used to that amount of exposure.I would never walk out on something I have created and I know it's truly special. Even if I had a bit of a stinker. Just for a second. But i'm sure if he just takes a lovely holiday in the Caribbean and lets some multiple women fondle him while he has a nice drink and watches the sun set. And think, you know my life isn't so bad.I hope he doesn't return to football, so I can say credit to him. He didn't enjoy it and got out. But he wont, he will be back in the media and in a new job sooner than you know it. I'll make a bet right now he'll be the favorite for the Spain national job the next time its up.

I don't know where to start with that load of crap :lol: .

#17 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Boo fucking who your life in Barcelona is so tough.Spare me.

It's not tough to be at a club where there is more media attention than anywhere and constant pressure to win basically every game? The constant stress you would be under would be unbelieveable.What an absolutly ridiculous comment, definitely a low point on TFF that one.He always said when he first started managing that he wasn't planning on staying in management for long, so it was always coming.

Edited by Eyezil, 26 April 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#18 Paddy

Paddy

^ My face when I drop my toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • Joined 20-December 05

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Boys, there is a world outside of football which is just so much more demanding and serious than the game. Yes he must be worried that he needs to win the season every year. It's not like the job is hard for him, unlimited cash and every player in the world wants to be at your club. You can't seriously say the job of managing of that team in a game against a La Liga team normally is hard. He has better players by the tenth degree. Okay the media come at him if they don't win. But i'm sure inside the club they don't freak out when they loose a game or two. You can't win every time. People work all day every day because they have no other choice. They've gotta grind at what they have got. To see the % 0.000001 whine about how tough life is. Fuck that. Go put some work on those hands instead of typing and I think your opinion may sway.

#19 Wez 17

Wez 17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

This is the reason why i laughed when people were saying he should be next United manager.

#20 Muppet

Muppet

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I think he was leaving even if the club won the league and the Champions League. There were rumors of him leaving last season and every once in awhlle he will drop hints about taking a break from the game in interviews.

#21 GON The Genius

GON The Genius

The King of Carrot Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Boo fucking who your life in Barcelona is so tough.Spare me.Just another sign of how self obsessed that club is. Go work in the real world for a few days. Is he not aware of how privileged he is? Not only does he have something special in the team and players he has. Which he would never get back. But it also shows the total lack of self awareness he has, ultimately he has created all the fuss about will he or won't he go in what he has said and held himself. He was more than aware of the celebrity status of which that position has. He had seen it throughout his entire life. He is used to that amount of exposure.I would never walk out on something I have created and I know it's truly special. Even if I had a bit of a stinker. Just for a second. But i'm sure if he just takes a lovely holiday in the Caribbean and lets some multiple women fondle him while he has a nice drink and watches the sun set. And think, you know my life isn't so bad.I hope he doesn't return to football, so I can say credit to him. He didn't enjoy it and got out. But he wont, he will be back in the media and in a new job sooner than you know it. I'll make a bet right now he'll be the favorite for the Spain national job the next time its up.

Absolutely. Wasn't it Mourinho who said "There's no pressure in football"? I can understand that he will get a tough time of it from the media but he's got some of the best players in the world at that club, if he lets the media get into his head like that then he really doesn't deserve to manage such a good team. Take someone like Neil Lennon for example, receiving death threats on probably a regular basis and there will be certain parts of Glasgow where he can't go alone for fear of being stabbed. He's still there though, persevering and working hard to manage the team he loves - that's commendable. Guardiola is a young man still, and while he can't be expected to be as wise and thick-skinned as the Fergusons of the game there's no reason why he should take the 'stress' so personally.

#22 Great Gooner

Great Gooner

Don Coleone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,633 posts
  • Joined 22-November 07
  • Favourites:T. Henry, D. Bergkamp
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Explains why Chelsea are yet to get a manager. I'm guessing his likely destination is Stamford bridge, which would tear me apart lol. Would be strange watching Chelsea playing sexy football week in week out though

#23 The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger

First Team

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Maybe he just doesn't want it? Some thrive on it, enjoy it live for it all.Guardiola's quite an interesting character and has always said there's more to life, he spends 16 hours per day with Barcelona. He's still young, maybe he wants some time away to see if he wants it full-time. He's not saying 'ooh look at me I'm hard done by' he's just questioning his own desire for it.

Explains why Chelsea are yet to get a manager. I'm guessing his likely destination is Stamford bridge, which would tear me apart lol. Would be strange watching Chelsea playing sexy football week in week out though

No way. Cheslea don't have the players, look at AVB and how he failed.Di Matteo has brought Chelsea back to physical long-ball tactics, Guardiola wouldn't sell out to that.

#24 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Boys, there is a world outside of football which is just so much more demanding and serious than the game. Yes he must be worried that he needs to win the season every year.It's not like the job is hard for him, unlimited cash and every player in the world wants to be at your club. You can't seriously say the job of managing of that team in a game against a La Liga team normally is hard. He has better players by the tenth degree. Okay the media come at him if they don't win. But i'm sure inside the club they don't freak out when they loose a game or two. You can't win every time.People work all day every day because they have no other choice. They've gotta grind at what they have got. To see the % 0.000001 whine about how tough life is. Fuck that.Go put some work on those hands instead of typing and I think your opinion may sway.

People who work a regular job every day are under zero pressure and they aren't in the media 24/7 or being followed around by paparazi everywhere they go. You can't even begin to compare the 2 jobs whatsoever.Some people may not like the over-attention by the media, some thrive off it. Everyone is different.

#25 FourSix

FourSix

I am Chilean now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,814 posts
  • Joined 24-October 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Boys, there is a world outside of football which is just so much more demanding and serious than the game. Yes he must be worried that he needs to win the season every year.It's not like the job is hard for him, unlimited cash and every player in the world wants to be at your club. You can't seriously say the job of managing of that team in a game against a La Liga team normally is hard. He has better players by the tenth degree. Okay the media come at him if they don't win. But i'm sure inside the club they don't freak out when they loose a game or two. You can't win every time. People work all day every day because they have no other choice. They've gotta grind at what they have got. To see the % 0.000001 whine about how tough life is. Fuck that. Go put some work on those hands instead of typing and I think your opinion may sway.

Seeing as the spotlight doesn't exist in a 9-5 anywhere near the level it does in a high profile football manager's job it was ridiculous to even make that comparison.It smacks of an ignorant "his life is better than mine so he can't have any problems in his life so can't complain" type comment.

#26 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Absolutely. Wasn't it Mourinho who said "There's no pressure in football"?

And Mourinho is a completley different character to Guardiola altogether.Everyone is different.What has Mourinho got to do with Guardiola when the 2 people in question couldn't be more different from each other?Did Mourinho say at the start of his managerial career that he wasn't planning on staying in management for long? Guardiola said that when he first ever singed a deal. Maybe both of them have different goals in life? It's his decision if he wants to continue as a manager or he doesn't.

#27 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,794 posts
  • Joined 29-March 07
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wonder how it will be perceived in the longterm? It's the first real dissapointing season and he's quit. Questions will be asked about the mentality of Pep. I think he should have at least stayed an extra season and try to reclaim the Champions League and La Liga.

#28 Pannaking 14

Pannaking 14

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,665 posts
  • Joined 19-February 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's saying all over marca that they think he will leave due to losing the champs league and how Rossell is "offering him a blank cheque", but's it's not been 100% confirmed that he is defiinitely going yet. We'll see what Guardiola says tomorrow, but it doesn't look likely though.Can't think who would be a good replacement other than Bielsa.

Frank de Boer has been linked to the job, 2 seasons with Ajax now and is going to be 2 titles and he is a former Barcelona Player.

#29 ASF

ASF

Squad Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,556 posts
  • Joined 10-March 07
  • Favourites:Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Jorge Costa, Falcao, Hulk
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

People who work a regular job every day are under zero pressure and they aren't in the media 24/7 or being followed around by paparazi everywhere they go. You can't even begin to compare the 2 jobs whatsoever.Some people may not like the over-attention by the media, some thrive off it. Everyone is different.

What???? People who have to keep their jobs to pay their mortgages, feed their kids, are under zero pressure?I expected better from you.

#30 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I wonder how it will be perceived in the longterm? It's the first real dissapointing season and he's quit. Questions will be asked about the mentality of Pep. I think he should have at least stayed an extra season and try to reclaim the Champions League and La Liga.

Yeah he should have stayed another season.Then again with all that said, this isn't 100% confirmed yet, it's just papers writing what THEY believe and not what is FACT. It looks unlikely he will stay, but it's not fact until it's actually confirmed tomorrow. It looked like he would stay yesterday and today it doesn't, so who knows?

What???? People who have to keep their jobs to pay their mortgages, feed their kids, are under zero pressure?I expected better from you.

Under no pressure in the media spotlight I meant. We aren't followed around and bothered on a daily basis, we can go to the shop without being pestered by people. In a normal job you just get on with it, you don't have paparazi breathing down your neck everywhere you go, so the 2 jobs cannot be compared.He might not want media attention all the time, it's not everyones cup of tea.

Edited by Eyezil, 26 April 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#31 Great Gooner

Great Gooner

Don Coleone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,633 posts
  • Joined 22-November 07
  • Favourites:T. Henry, D. Bergkamp
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

No way. Cheslea don't have the players, look at AVB and how he failed.Di Matteo has brought Chelsea back to physical long-ball tactics, Guardiola wouldn't sell out to that.

Roman has always wanted a manager who would win and win in style, i.e play sexy football. I'm sure he would definately be keeping a close on on this situation, and won't be surprised if he's the reason Pep has been hinting for a while he would quit Barcelona. WHo knows how much he's slammed on the table for him. And Pep looks a smart man, he could have conditions like "well, i need £x to achieve that goal and have to get rid of x y and z".

#32 chrissRM

chrissRM

Gobbo dentro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11
  • Favourites:Thomas Muller,Reus,David Silva,Ribery,Sau
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Barca does not need a coach

#33 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,794 posts
  • Joined 29-March 07
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

People who work a regular job every day are under zero pressure

Wow. Just wow. That's is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement ever made on TFF.Edit: Read your post being about 'media' pressure. You're saved ;)

Edited by deadlinesman, 26 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#34 Tom FFC

Tom FFC

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Under no pressure in the media spotlight I meant. We aren't followed around and bothered on a daily basis, we can go to the shop without being pestered by people. In a normal job you just get on with it, you don't have paparazi breathing down your neck everywhere you go, so the 2 jobs cannot be compared.He might not want media attention all the time, it's not everyones cup of tea.

Exactly. When he makes a mistake at work 50 million people will criticise him. For some people it's tough to take that, when he could walk into a much lower pressure job and still be involved in foot

#35 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wow. Just wow. That's is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement ever made on TFF.Edit: Read your post being about 'media' pressure. You're saved ;)

I didn't mean pressure in general. Life itself brings pressure, but being in the media would bring a different type of pressure. Mourinho is an arrogant, cocky type who has his own head rammed up his own arse whereas Pep seems like a quiet shy fella in comparison, I always had a feeling it wouldn't last long unfortunatly. So I don't think you can compare the two as people as they are very different personalities. It's like comparing Paul Scholes with Cristiano Ronaldo :lol:.

#36 Tom FFC

Tom FFC

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

4 years is a long time in the spotlight for some people:Posted Image----> Posted Image

#37 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

It's in a book... must be true...

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Favourites:Giggseh and Scholeseh
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Am I the only one who believes there's no way he's leaving?

I'm sure he's said this for the last few years. I think he'll stay and I hope he does

#38 FOYM

FOYM

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts
  • Joined 30-March 11
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Wouldn't be suprised to see Rafa get the job.

#39 Salford Kel

Salford Kel

It's in a book... must be true...

• Banned
  • 30,267 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
  • Favourites:Giggseh and Scholeseh
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wouldn't be suprised to see Rafa get the job.

That would definitely ensure the wheels came off the Barca bandwagon

#40 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

El Jefecito

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Country Flag

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

4 years is a long time in the spotlight for some people:Posted Image----> Posted Image

Yeah he's aged shitloads in 4 years. I noticed that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Barcelona, Josep Guardiola, La Liga, Sandro Rosell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users