#41 Relling

Relling

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

At think the kick on Prödl should have been an indirect free kick. After all he took the ball. A little less flair than usual on the pitch for Dortmund.

#42 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Favourites:Neven Subotic, Nuri Sahin, Marcel Schmelzer
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Jesus Christ on a cracker, how freakin' good is Lewandowski? Great goal!

#43 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Favourites:Van Der Vaart, L. Bender, T. Müller, Klose, Ballack, Schürrle

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

another HORRIBLE second half, giving away ANOTHER two goal lead to an inferior team... fucking hell, Dutt takes off Ballack in favour of Kiessling... Bender and Reinartz, WTF kind of midfield is that... Dutt OUTfucking Lars Bender, GET INI have to say that we KICK ASS at corners this year... it's gotten to the point where I get truly excited for every one of them. A large part of that is due to BALLACK, of course...

#44 nudge

nudge

Forza Michael!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

After that performance by Wiese he should have a contract extension on his front door already!

Yeah, I don't know why we haven't given him an extension yet. I hope that happens as soon as possible!

At think the kick on Prödl should have been an indirect free kick. After all he took the ball.

Not exactly - although I would be glad if at least an indirect free kick was given instead of nothing. Indirect kick should be given if a player plays in a dangerous manner, and I'm sure Kouemaha didn't kick Prödl on purpose. However, laws of the game clearly state that :

"Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick."

Therefore, that should have been a penalty. Even more disappointing is the referee claiming he didn't see the incident, although cameras prove otherwise. As Schaaf said, there were only three persons in the whole stadium who didn't see the foul, and it's because they were buying beer at that moment.Prödl's final diagnosis has been made - a broken nose, a broken cheekbone, and a severe concussion. Posted Image

#45 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Our defense is SO BAD! It's only gotten worse over the season... Even with a double DM pairing of Reinartz (a CB, really!) and Bender we still allow such massive spaces to open up... unbelievable.ANOTHER free header... I'm going to scream.Rolfes for Derdiyok... yay we have a midfield again.lol, Da Costa is so bad... two bad give-aways in a minute... he's only eighteen though...Our players are clearly OUT OF SHAPE... judging by how many of them are pulling up with genuine minor injuries (cramps) at the end of this game. This is not because they've lost their fitness; it's because of Dutt's insane training regimen... has them all internally exhausted, and thus leads to more injuries... nearly every player has had some kind of injury so far this season!Schuerrle is so disappointing these days...clear penalty by Kadlec, who has been a buffoon this game...commentator calls Lars Bender man of the match, and I can only AGREE... him and Ballack are the only outstanding players we have.

#46 Knee Grow

Knee Grow

^My name, things I say >

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Wow big miss at the end by Mainz.

#47 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

lol, da Costa leaves his man WIDE open at the last kick of the game... he had an empty net. WOW what an undeserved victory... we fucking suck... our defense, our creativity, our scoring has all gone to shit... Dutt's line-up was questionable, and taking off Ballack was sheer lunacy... oh well... three points are three points...

#48 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

For those who haven't seen it: :wub: nutmegged Westermann and danced his way around Aogo and Drobny!

Edited by Tsubasa, 22 January 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#49 nudge

nudge

Forza Michael!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Nice goal, and a beautiful scoreline! :D Signing Lewandowski is definitely starting to pay off for you guys.

#50 Relling

Relling

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the rules update nudge :thumbup: . I stand corrected. Have still not learned the rules of the game. :lol:

#51 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Favourites:Pepe Reina, Raul, Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

The weekend of the merciless Borussias :dry:

#52 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

The Leverkusen game was a million times better than the Dortmund one, mostly because we're too dreadful to hold a lead... I hope Schalke win the league this year, but it probably won't happen.funny how Lewandowski is scoring goals like that now and was missing open nets earlier in the season... :lol:

#53 izzothedj

izzothedj

Trainee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

So Xav, you almost scored four goals :lol: But damn, there has to be something wrong behind the scenes for Leverkusen to give up like that after the first goal. I only saw the highlights not the whole match but it looks like they really bent over for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Kouemaha's foul should have been a penalty. It wasn't intentional at all as you see in the replay he was looking at the ball and only at the ball but it was still a really risky maneuver and he's lucky he didn't get ejected for a dangerous kick like that. As to who I'd like to win the league. Dortmund or Gladbach over München and Schalke anyday!

#54 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

The Leverkusen game was a million times better than the Dortmund one, mostly because we're too dreadful to hold a lead...

But if you like beautiful football, our match was much better :P

Edited by Tsubasa, 22 January 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#55 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

The Leverkusen game was a million times better than the Dortmund one, mostly because we're too dreadful to hold a lead...I hope Schalke win the league this year, but it probably won't happen.funny how Lewandowski is scoring goals like that now and was missing open nets earlier in the season... :lol:

I don't even dare hope! I don't consider it much likely.How come you're a Bundesliga fan of another team on here that likes Schalke? The Königsblauen are generally disliked on TFF's bundesliga section.

#56 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

Gladbach winning would a dream... but I consider that to be even less likely than Schalke, so... Thomas: yeah, Dortmund certainly do play excellent football... and Dortmund fans certainly have every right to revel in their performance today, which went along so smoothly even without their lynchpin! Liverbird: you still don't know me, do you... I like EVERY German club (except St Pauli), lol... some more than others, obviously, but every one of them (except St Pauli) has the opportunity to do the German nation proud, and so I support them... funny little coincidence... My England team (spuuuurrrrrrssssss) played well and deserved to at least draw with Manchester City this morning, and they LOST 3-2... Leverkusen played badly and deserved to lose today, and they WON 3-2...

#57 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Gladbach winning would a dream... but I consider that to be even less likely than Schalke, so...Thomas: yeah, Dortmund certainly do play excellent football... and Dortmund fans certainly have every right to revel in their performance today, which went along so smoothly even without their lynchpin!Liverbird: you still don't know me, do you... I like EVERY German club (except St Pauli), lol... some more than others, obviously, but every one of them (except St Pauli) has the opportunity to do the German nation proud, and so I support them...funny little coincidence... My England team (spuuuurrrrrrssssss) played well and deserved to at least draw with Manchester City this morning, and they LOST 3-2... Leverkusen played badly and deserved to lose today, and they WON 3-2...

What does that have to do with you preferring Schalke to win the league?According to the general pattern you should find the Borussias to be the cool likeable clubs with Schalke being less likeable than them.

#58 izzothedj

izzothedj

Trainee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Why don't you like Pauli?

#59 nudge

nudge

Forza Michael!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I like EVERY German club (except St Pauli), lol... some more than others, obviously, but every one of them (except St Pauli) has the opportunity to do the German nation proud, and so I support them...

What's up with St Pauli hate?

#60 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I can't stand Pauli. Overrated, feeding on stupid general understanding that they're this cool alternative club, played some vile football in the Bundesliga last season, hopefully they don't return anytime soon.

#61 nudge

nudge

Forza Michael!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, I agree that they are overhyped and have a lot of modefans, but I'm really interested in Xavier's reasoning behind it :)

#62 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

St. Pauli's VIP lounge is awesome: Posted Image

#63 Relling

Relling

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, I agree that they are overhyped and have a lot of modefans, but I'm really interested in Xavier's reasoning behind it :)

Political I would place some money on.

#64 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I despise ANTIFA, liberals, anarchists, communists, etc... and St Pauli are like the poster child for much of this. I like Schalke more because Dortmund won last year and because they shamed us in the Champions League this year... also because Schalke did very well in the Champions League last year. simple as that...

#65 izzothedj

izzothedj

Trainee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Meh, Pauli's not that bad. Only thing I hate is that their fans think they have to go to war with every club they visit... They have the Dynamo Dresden complex of thinking they're badass so they just go around and destroy stuff. Their true fans are a dedicated lot though, they've been through some rough stuff with the club.

Political I would place some money on.

I doubt that... Xavier doesn't seem like a very politically motivated person, and besides his love for Germany he hasn't shown any other symptoms of being far-right :lol:Welp, nvm.Despise liberals? Then how can you have such a love for Germany? We're the poster-child for liberalism in Europe :huh:

#66 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I despise ANTIFA, liberals, anarchists, communists, etc... and St Pauli are like the poster child for much of this.I like Schalke more because Dortmund won last year and because they shamed us in the Champions League this year... also because Schalke did very well in the Champions League last year.simple as that...

I respect fans that see the whole picture and treasure the importance of being good in Europe and not just domestically :thumbup:

#67 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, Izzo, Germany's politics are in a pretty dire state right now... still cannot stop us from being the industrial powerhouse we have always been! My love for Germany stems from a deeper root, not merely its current state of socio-political affairs...

#68 oliveandblue

oliveandblue

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Favourites:Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Patrick Herrmann, Roman Neustadter
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

I don't even dare hope! I don't consider it much likely.How come you're a Bundesliga fan of another team on here that likes Schalke? The Königsblauen are generally disliked on TFF's bundesliga section.

"Universally" is the word we are looking for. As for the Schalke game, it's good to see the side win when they're missing a few key pieces. Obasi was a pleasant surprise - his speed and on-ball runs made a huge difference for the royal blues going forward. Outside of one bad lapse late, the defense had an absolute peach of a game - and this was without Jones adding a line of protection for the back four. Matip continues to grow in the side, and the goal of the top 4 is coming closer and closer to reality.I don't really mind St. Pauli - the alternative vibe is pretty cool even if it's been overhyped.

Edited by oliveandblue, 23 January 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#69 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

yes, the fact that Thomas also shows such vitriol towards you guys also contributes to my Schalke appreciation... :P

#70 oliveandblue

oliveandblue

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

yes, the fact that Thomas also shows such vitriol towards you guys also contributes to my Schalke appreciation... :P

Thomas and I don't hate each other one bit. I wouldn't mistake a club rivalry for personal problems. I love talking football with the lad.

#71 Xavier

Xavier

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

towards Schalke, I meant

#72 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Nice cartoon I saw on Reviersport.deMeanwhile in the Bundesliga tablePosted Image"Do you have to tailgate? You're making me nervous"

Edited by Tsubasa, 23 January 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#73 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Thomas and I don't hate each other one bit. I wouldn't mistake a club rivalry for personal problems. I love talking football with the lad.

I do not think that that's what Xavier implied

Nice cartoon I saw on Reviersport.deMeanwhile in the Bundesliga tablePosted Image"Do you have to tailgate? You're making me nervous"

Brilliant!So turns out we're the fags driving close behind drivers. I generally hate them with passion :D

#74 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Don't hassle the Joff

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

http://www.kicker.de...m-spieltag.htmlKicker's team of the week

#75 oliveandblue

oliveandblue

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

http://www.kicker.de...m-spieltag.htmlKicker's team of the week

They really should've picked more Gladbach players. Good to see the Greek get credit when due. He's taken abuse from all sides over the last calendar year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users