roversgirl

London 2012 Olympics

273 posts in this topic

Anyone else applied for them?

I applied for £560 worth (between 3 of us) and I got an email saying they couldn't authorise the payment. Checked my application and I can only see the expiry date and last 4 card digits but they are correct. Rang the bank like the email said and they couldn't find anything that had been declined!! The debit card expires 06/11 but on the website it says they now accept those cards that expire in May 2011 and after.

So I finally find a ticket number and last night after 3-4 mins after clicking through the options it says its closed...I ring at 9.30am when it opened this morning and it said it was busy but the call would be terminated (not put in a queue). To get to the earliest bit to speak to another person it takes around 1 min 30 sec! So I tried 5 times and got nowhere. Rang twice more at 11.30am and nothing. God knows how much I have spent.

The worrying thing is they can if a second payment is declined then thats it and it also says they won't accept alternative payment details. The whole thing is a shambles, if I get turned down again then I'm providing my phone bill with all the calls and writing to the highest person involved to complain because its bullshit. Why have the call terminated if an operator is busy???

All they want is our money and they are making loads I bet off this ticketing number.

I got an e-mail saying the same - they tried to take money out of my account but it wasn't authorised or they couldn't get authorisation from it. I didn't ring the number because they said they'll try taking money out again by 2nd June. I've put more money in my account to cover it so don't see why there should be a problem this time.

It sucks that also in the e-mail I got it said they can't tell us what we're successful for in terms of ticket applications until they take that specified amount of money out of my account.

It is a bit of a complex system I suppose.

I hope the whole event is a disaster.

£228 taken out of my account, I'd applied for £600 worth. Think I'll be selling mine back to them as I've probably got waterhockey and synchronised donkey punching.

I don't know why you would pay so much to see Great Britain lose in every event that matters. :closedeyes:

Ah so that's why £50 is missing from my account, was wondering this morning.

I've got tickets for the football quarter finals at St James'

I don't know why you would pay so much to see Great Britain lose in every event that matters. :closedeyes:

Who says I'll be supporting Great Britain?

Just tried agin now but they are still fucking busy argh!!! The whole process has been rubbish in my opinion.

I'm going to write to someone to do with the ticketing process or Watchdog if I don't get my tickets. I will show them my phone bill which shows many attempts throughout the day etc.

I lot of people I know who have applied for 1,000 plus worth have only got a couple of hundred worth of tickets. My bf applied for just over that and still has nothing come out of his account. For him the olympics means everything, its the biggest event of his life so far to have it in his home country.

I got an e-mail saying the same - they tried to take money out of my account but it wasn't authorised or they couldn't get authorisation from it. I didn't ring the number because they said they'll try taking money out again by 2nd June. I've put more money in my account to cover it so don't see why there should be a problem this time.

It sucks that also in the e-mail I got it said they can't tell us what we're successful for in terms of ticket applications until they take that specified amount of money out of my account.

It is a bit of a complex system I suppose.

I have well over 1k in my account and the tickets I applied for were about £500 so I just don't get it! Do you think yours was just because you didn't have enough money in your account?

Wasn't there something like 20 million people that applied for tickets but only something like a couple of million available? I was going to apply but i was put off by it,I am glad i didn't now.

I knew it was going to be a fucking mission to get tickets for the olympics so never really entertained the thought. The fact that I could pay all that money and be given an event I hold no interest in sealed the deal for me.

Might as well have just held a peoples olympics just to qualify for tickets, probably would have been a lot easier.

Other than the football, i'd rather shit my kegs than waste money on the Olympics. I wouldn't even go for free!

I have well over 1k in my account and the tickets I applied for were about £500 so I just don't get it! Do you think yours was just because you didn't have enough money in your account?

Well, I thought I had enough, but was a tiny bit doubtful cos some payments from that bank card may not have gone through. So yesterday I transferred £500 from another account in to the account they'll take the money from just to cover it. Hoping to get a different and more positive e-mail tomorrow!

Right FINALLY got through just now after being held on the line for 10 minutes!! but she accepted my new card details as I now have a new debit card so hopefully the money will come out soon :D

My bf got £26 worth of tickets when he applied for over 1k...

We looked at other places in Europe you can buy tickets from and there are loads you can just directly buy from and not go through this lottery!! They are all said to be okay officially by London Olympics too as they have a list.

Other than the football, i'd rather shit my kegs than waste money on the Olympics. I wouldn't even go for free!

I'd rather sit in the local pub getting pissed watching beach soccer on Eurosport than go to the olympics.

I also wouldn't go for free, cant think of a worse day out.

Each to their own though. The Olympics is a massive worldwide event which me and my bf love to watch. Having it in our home country means the world to us and it is one of the biggest events in our lives. We'll do anything to be there so that is why we will spend so much money on doing it. Its not your cup of tea, but it is ours!

The whole ticket buying process has been a joke though and I don't agree with a lot of the ticket prices, but its a once in a lifetime event so I will do everything I can to be part of it.

No e-mail today and no money taken out my account.

Fair enough though cos they said they'd do it by 2nd June - I'd be annoyed if nothing comes out tomorrow and will be ringing up whatever number necessary cos it's not my fault the money couldn't come out the account :/ It's been fine when other organisations or companies have been able to take it.

I wouldn't pay what they're after for tickets, especially as I'd probably end up with some shite like horse riding.

I only watch the Olympics to watch the athletics and the swimming, sometimes watch the boxing and football, not a massive fan of it.

I wouldn't pay what they're after for tickets, especially as I'd probably end up with some shite like horse riding.

I only watch the Olympics to watch the athletics and the swimming, sometimes watch the boxing and football, not a massive fan of it.

You can choose what events you can watch though when you make your application?

Some events are only about £20, even the football albeit first stages. I'd go just for the laughs. Take a few mates, make a day of it.

The number you need to ring is 0844 847 2012 if you need it mate :)

Looks like some money has come out of my account, about £80 ish so hopefully that is the Olympic tickets but its not popped up on the statement yet as to exactly what is it.

Nothing taken, not particularly happy about it with over £500 applied for but oh well.

I'm going to join the miserable Geordie wankers and say that I'd rather cut my arm off with an AIDS encrusted spoon than apply for tickets in this shambles of a lottery.

Watch the thing on the television instead of sitting in a sea of Union Jack waving dickheads watching the heats of the Roman wrestling because it's all you got - a £12 joke out of the potential £2000 you tried to spend on tickets.

I like how the 100m final are the most expensive/difficult to get - worst value for money ever surely?

Regarding the 100m final, there were only 2 people who were able to get them whilst being the only event they applied for! One was in Hillingdon and they live only 6 miles apart from each other :O

Typical London-centric bullshit organisational committee.

Fuck off Seb Coe.

Stef, I might have some spare tickets. Wanna come :P ?

I'd rather dip my balls in a tank of piranhas than watch a group of muscly steroid-injecting black men run slower than Usain Bolt.

I applied for Women's Beach Volleyball though. Do you not want to see virtually naked ladies bouncing and jumping around and playing with balls?

Suit yourself ;).

Oh and I should be actually getting some tickets - rang up Natwest, they said an attempt had been made to get money but they typed in the wrong expiry date. Congratulations 2012 Ticketing Scheme Assistants congrats.gif. Retards.

Anyway, rang them up, gave them my details and should be told by 24th June which tickets I'm getting :)

Women's Beach Volleyball should technically be the oversubscribed event. Congratulations!

Should be. I don't know what I've got yet, by the way.

I got £40 worth of tickets in the end (either athletics or volleyball) which is one ticket for me and one for my bf. Very disappointing, although I'm praying I've got the athletics ticket as I'd be happy with that as my only one. Half of applicants got no tickets, pretty out of order.

My bf has got tickets via the German and Swiss application process though - he got athletics, rowing final, beach volleyball etc albeit for a slightly higher price but on those you can buy the tickets just like buying a ticket for a concert.

A larger amount of money left my account on 6th June. Looks like I'll be going to more events :D

Get the fuck in! Been accepted for a role as a GamesMaker for next year! Been chosen for 3 events as a medal/flower bearer - 2 at the Olympics and 1 at the Paralympics!

So happy right now. Been waiting for ages to hear something back from them!

Made my day :D!

You probably make up their quota being brown and all.

Edited by Cark

I really want to know what was said before the edit...

The same without the "and all" I think..

Carl the Cunt. Has a ring to it ;).

Ha, even if that was the case the amount of fucks I could give is a great big round zero :D.

The feeling I have is just immense pride at the moment. Haven't felt this way since getting in to uni I think.

Awesome news!! :D

I managed to get more tickets in the last round as well, got some tickets for hockey, handball and athletics :D plus seeing a football game at Manchester too. Would really have liked a basketball ticket, but I'm happy enough with what I have.

Thank you :)

Nice. Do you know what match your seeing at Manchester?

I'm seeing Team GB (mens) on 29th July at Wembley. Just hope they play someone good!