#32962 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

TFF's Resident Sheepshagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,928 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

I'm more towards Cark in terms of clothing. If I need something, I'll buy it but not at a ridiculous price (basically being able to justify the cost). However, I may now and then buy clothing if there are good price reductions as Leyton mentioned earlier.

Of course I don't over shop, I don't buy clothes that I don't need nor do I usually buy clothes are their 'face value'. For the Yanks around here, I do a lot of shopping at Nordstrom Rack and with the right patience and a little luck you can find a $100 shirt marked down to $25.

Nordstrom was ridiculous when I was in the States a few years ago. Think I got a Diesel t-shirt, Hugo Boss shirt and polo top, Michael Kors shirt and one or two others for about $120 (the MK shirt went down from $192 to $19). The receipt mentioned that I apparently saved over $350. :lol: The UK's closest equivalent I've seen is TK Maxx, though the savings aren't as good.

#32963 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,928 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

EDIT: Double post.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt, 24 August 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#32964 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13
  • Favourites:Maradona, Cruyff, Henry, Messi, Bergkamp, Iniesta

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

I'm more towards Cark in terms of clothing. If I need something, I'll buy it but not at a ridiculous price (basically being able to justify the cost). However, I may now and then buy clothing if there are good price reductions as Leyton mentioned earlier. Nordstrom was ridiculous when I was in the States a few years ago. Think I got a Diesel t-shirt, Hugo Boss shirt and polo top, Michael Kors shirt and one or two others for about $120 (the MK shirt went down from $192 to $19). The receipt mentioned that I apparently saved over $350. :lol: The UK's closest equivalent I've seen is TK Maxx, though the savings aren't as good.

TK Maxx is a US enterprise mate. They also know how to rip people off with certain items that are branded and the brand made a design error and never making their itinerary. In my opinion if you are compelled to go to TK Maxx rather than attend the actual brand's sale then you're better off buying from other brands like the ones I mentioned in previous comments. Obviously each to their own and what they feel comfortable with as I said to Stan. It's a very personal issue clothing.

#32965 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,928 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

TK Maxx is a US enterprise mate. They also know how to rip people off with certain items that are branded and the brand made a design error and never making their itinerary. In my opinion if you are compelled to go to TK Maxx rather than attend the actual brand's sale then you're better off buying from other brands like the ones I mentioned in previous comments. Obviously each to their own and what they feel comfortable with as I said to Stan. It's a very personal issue clothing.

Fair enough. Didn't know that.

#32966 Mazzari

Mazzari

Currently Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined 05-March 16
  • Favourites:Heurelho Gomes, Troy Deeney, Ikechi Anya

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

I once went in a Saks 5th that was closing in America - they had swimming trunks that cost £60 WITH CLEARANCE REDUCTIONS. There are some things I understand spending more on - formal attire, shoes, jackets, the like - but that much for a pair of trunks seems ridiculous when they're such a specific item that can be so much cheaper elsewhere.

#32967 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

Why is there a kangaroo below this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04
  • Favourites:Tim Cahill

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Fine I'll post about clothes. I rarely spend much on clothes except for football boots (does that count?). However over the last few years I would say I've started to care more about my appearance and will look to spend a little more than the old me used to. I think you can still look and feel decent without spending £50 or more for a shirt or jacket.

#32968 Spike

Spike

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

Fine I'll post about clothes. I rarely spend much on clothes except for football boots (does that count?). However over the last few years I would say I've started to care more about my appearance and will look to spend a little more than the old me used to. I think you can still look and feel decent without spending £50 or more for a shirt or jacket.

An Australian living in Japan using GPB as his money of choice. Fucking weird cunt.

#32969 Bring Me My Bow

Bring Me My Bow

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • Joined 26-December 13

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

How do you know you're getting the same quality and durability with a £60 (not that you mentioned a particular lower price) jacket as with a £200?

Just to add, that it's not only about the quality in the stitching (straight line stitching), the thread, the sourcing of the materials.  It's also about the cut and how well it's made and you put one puts on a £60 jacket while another next to him has a £200 jacket in the same colour and the same style and I'll bet whatever you like you can tell the difference by miles.

It's not about the brand...  Most quality brands won't even have their brandname flashed anywhere on the garment.  I hate doing publicity for people where it's clothing concerned.  

For example...

Suits:  If you don't have the money to go Giorgio Armani or Tom Ford, then Paul Smith are great suits at less than half the price.  

Jeans: If you can't afford Calvin Klein, Diesel, Replay, GAS...  Then Levi's is cheaper than those and Lee cheaper still.  But even lower and great quality is Abercrombie & Fitch or GAP.

General Casual:  For me you can't beat Abercrombie & Fitch at a reasonable price for very good quality.  You can obviously go the Ralph Lauren route if you want to spend, but there you ARE being ripped off unless you are buying their top line stuff. Calvin Klein is superior to Ralph Lauren in every way for example...  But you have GAP which offer some incredible material quality (always have done although they went through a massive down period for three years and have revived the brand lately).  But at rock bottom prices for brilliant quality and the latest trends done very well indeed...  Go Japanese and go Uniqlo.

I could go on and on about this subject with insides and out on everything...  But it's not the point of this thread.

Levi's are the perfect example of how ridiculous all this can be. In this country they're considered a luxury brand and you're looking at about £100 a pair, but go to the US and they're just jeans - $50.

Personally, I'm a firm believer in paying for quality but when it comes to staples like t-shirts, etc., places like H&M and Next do me just fine.

#32970 Machado

Machado

Josep Guardinho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts
  • Joined 15-March 12
  • Favourites:Rui Costa, Pablito, Gaitán

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I like boots and Idon't mind spending big money on them. Chelsea boots, Hank Moody style. I don't spend much on anything else but I like to look good, yet simple. I like smart looking watches too.

#32971 Bluewolf

Bluewolf

The Grandad of TFF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,900 posts
  • Joined 26-August 12

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Making good progress with the roofing during my 12 days off as the weather has been decent considering... I was in B&Q's yesterday to pick up a few bits and some B&Q assistant came up and asked me if I wanted decking.. As I am still pretty quick in my old age I managed to get the first punch in but be warned some of you may not be so lucky if you don't think on your feet... 

#32972 Cark

Cark

Gary. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,764 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

An Australian living in Japan using GPB as his money of choice. Fucking weird cunt.

Why you complimenting him?

#32973 Spike

Spike

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

Why you complimenting him?

You will never understand us Aussies.  :rolleyes:

#32974 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

Levi's are the perfect example of how ridiculous all this can be. In this country they're considered a luxury brand and you're looking at about £100 a pair, but go to the US and they're just jeans - $50.

Personally, I'm a firm believer in paying for quality but when it comes to staples like t-shirts, etc., places like H&M and Next do me just fine.

That's almost the whole story with 70% of US brands mate...  They're considerably cheaper in their home country than abroad.  Same happens with Italian brands...

On the Levi Strauss issue...  They aren't a luxury brand over here though and are considered to be middle range.  The thing with Levi's is that they are the original denim jean and have that "je ne sais quoi" element to them.  Lee (don't confuse Lee with that horrible cheap rip-off Lee Cooper) have that too although not to the same extent...  Both Levi's and Lee were originally the same people and then went their separate ways.

Those mythical denim brands are:

- Levi Strauss

- Lee

- Wrangler

From there we have the Italian denim brands born in the 70's that are possibly the highest European quality in atelier denim

- Diesel Jeans

- GAS Jeans

- Replay Jeans

Diesel especially are high range priced jeans, much higher than Levi's.

They are middle price in the UK and then you have your designer jeans brands which is endless...  Hugo Boss, Armani Jeans, Nudie Jeans etc... etc... The list is endless...

But the designer jean category also has its Levi's as the original and that is Calvin Klein Jeans...  They are considerably more expensive than Levi's.

What Levi's have done in the past year and a half though is brought back their original denim and the methods used to create with single shuttle looms (which incidentally were all bought by the Japanese and who are now the cult jean producers but extortionate at prices of anywhere between £600 to £800.  Levi's now have their "Levi's Vintage Clothing" department with jeans ranging from £140 to £250 and more in some cases...  They are perfect reproductions of the mythical 501's.

You pay for top quality cuts in any of the highband brands and with Levi's higher end and highly engineered denim which looks and feels great.  Until you've tried a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans for example, you won't notice what you've been missing and the massive difference.  The same goes with many of the brands I've mentioned.

But like I've said above, you can get very good quality for reasonable prices like at GAP, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch or Uniqlo.

People don't know it but where they're actually getting ripped off is with the real cheap stuff...  It's mass produced stuff and we all know how they do it.  The cotton quality is also absolute rubbish and almost free to the manufacturers.  Plus I won't go into how you get those great colour fading washes in jeans and the methods used by cheaper "brands".

You can get totally ripped off at the top end brand names, I don't deny it.  We see it on the street every day.  But in general it's the other way around.

Edited by SirBalon, 28 August 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#32975 Julio Geordio

Julio Geordio

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,889 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Favourites:Hatem Ben Arfa

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

That's almost the whole story with 70% of US brands mate...  They're considerably cheaper in their home country than abroad.  Same happens with Italian brands...   On the Levi Strauss issue...  They aren't a luxury brand over here though and are considered to be middle range.  The thing with Levi's is that they are the original denim jean and have that "je ne sais quoi" element to them.  Lee (don't confuse Lee with that horrible cheap rip-off Lee Cooper) have that too although not to the same extent...  Both Levi's and Lee were originally the same people and then went their separate ways.   Those mythical denim brands are:   - Levi Strauss - Lee - Wrangler   From there we have the Italian denim brands born in the 70's that are possibly the highest European quality in atelier denim   - Diesel Jeans - GAS Jeans - Replay Jeans   Diesel especially are high range priced jeans, much higher than Levi's.   They are middle price in the UK and then you have your designer jeans brands which is endless...  Hugo Boss, Armani Jeans, Nudie Jeans etc... etc... The list is endless...   But the designer jean category also has its Levi's as the original and that is Calvin Klein Jeans...  They are considerably more expensive than Levi's.   What Levi's have done in the past year and a half though is brought back their original denim and the methods used to create with single shuttle looms (which incidentally were all bought by the Japanese and who are now the cult jean producers but extortionate at prices of anywhere between £600 to £800.  Levi's now have their "Levi's Vintage Clothing" department with jeans ranging from £140 to £250 and more in some cases...  They are perfect reproductions of the mythical 501's.   You pay for top quality cuts in any of the highband brands and with Levi's higher end and highly engineered denim which looks and feels great.  Until you've tried a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans for example, you won't notice what you've been missing and the massive difference.  The same goes with many of the brands I've mentioned.   But like I've said above, you can get very good quality for reasonable prices like at GAP, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch or Uniqlo.   People don't know it but where they're actually getting ripped off is with the real cheap stuff...  It's mass produced stuff and we all know how they do it.  The cotton quality is also absolute rubbish and almost free to the manufacturers.  Plus I won't go into how you get those great colour fading washes in jeans and the methods used by cheaper "brands".   You can get totally ripped off at the top end brand names, I don't deny it.  We see it on the street every day.  But in general it's the other way around.

Edwin jeans are class too

#32976 Spike

Spike

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

That's almost the whole story with 70% of US brands mate...  They're considerably cheaper in their home country than abroad.  Same happens with Italian brands...

On the Levi Strauss issue...  They aren't a luxury brand over here though and are considered to be middle range.  The thing with Levi's is that they are the original denim jean and have that "je ne sais quoi" element to them.  Lee (don't confuse Lee with that horrible cheap rip-off Lee Cooper) have that too although not to the same extent...  Both Levi's and Lee were originally the same people and then went their separate ways.

Those mythical denim brands are:

- Levi Strauss

- Lee

- Wrangler

From there we have the Italian denim brands born in the 70's that are possibly the highest European quality in atelier denim

- Diesel Jeans

- GAS Jeans

- Replay Jeans

Diesel especially are high range priced jeans, much higher than Levi's.

They are middle price in the UK and then you have your designer jeans brands which is endless...  Hugo Boss, Armani Jeans, Nudie Jeans etc... etc... The list is endless...

But the designer jean category also has its Levi's as the original and that is Calvin Klein Jeans...  They are considerably more expensive than Levi's.

What Levi's have done in the past year and a half though is brought back their original denim and the methods used to create with single shuttle looms (which incidentally were all bought by the Japanese and who are now the cult jean producers but extortionate at prices of anywhere between £600 to £800.  Levi's now have their "Levi's Vintage Clothing" department with jeans ranging from £140 to £250 and more in some cases...  They are perfect reproductions of the mythical 501's.

You pay for top quality cuts in any of the highband brands and with Levi's higher end and highly engineered denim which looks and feels great.  Until you've tried a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans for example, you won't notice what you've been missing and the massive difference.  The same goes with many of the brands I've mentioned.

But like I've said above, you can get very good quality for reasonable prices like at GAP, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch or Uniqlo.

People don't know it but where they're actually getting ripped off is with the real cheap stuff...  It's mass produced stuff and we all know how they do it.  The cotton quality is also absolute rubbish and almost free to the manufacturers.  Plus I won't go into how you get those great colour fading washes in jeans and the methods used by cheaper "brands".

You can get totally ripped off at the top end brand names, I don't deny it.  We see it on the street every day.  But in general it's the other way around.

Nothing like raw Japanese selvedge. Naked and Famous is a Canuck company that sells only Japanese selvedge.

#32977 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

Nothing like raw Japanese selvedge. Naked and Famous is a Canuck company that sells only Japanese selvedge.

Many companies use Japanese Selvedge in some of their lines. Levi's, Diesel, GAS Jeans, Calvin Klein, Nudie Jeans, Replay Jeans and some others. But if you're a real denim fanatic and you want the real mackoy, then you have to go for the proper Japanese denim houses like Samurai for example. I hope your pocket is very deep though mate. But you're right... They're absolutely wonderful. ;)

#32978 Cicero

Cicero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,213 posts
  • Joined 07-September 12
  • Favourites:John Terry, Roberto DiMatteo, Frank Lampard

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Don't know how many of you have seen it, but look at Kanye West's speech and music video during the VMA's. Bloke really is mental, a thick cunt at that as well. Comparing himself with the likes of Steve Jobs and Walt Disney?

#32979 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,373 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

you know those moments in the group chat where you just go to town and absolutely roast someone. happening right now  :lol:. my mate's missus doesn't allow him on his phone after a certain time, not allowed to go gym - she calls it 'us time'. we're killing my mate  :lol:  :lol:

#32980 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,928 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

Don't know how many of you have seen it, but look at Kanye West's speech and music video during the VMA's. Bloke really is mental, a thick cunt at that as well. Comparing himself with the likes of Steve Jobs and Walt Disney?

Has he got the fishsticks joke yet?

#32981 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

you know those moments in the group chat where you just go to town and absolutely roast someone. happening right now :lol:. my mate's missus doesn't allow him on his phone after a certain time, not allowed to go gym - she calls it 'us time'. we're killing my mate :lol: :lol:

Fuck that

#32982 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,373 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Fuck that

which bit lol

#32983 True Blue

True Blue

N'Golo Kante he is better than you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts
  • Joined 09-November 06
  • Favourites:Chelsea FC past and present

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

you know those moments in the group chat where you just go to town and absolutely roast someone. happening right now  :lol:. my mate's missus doesn't allow him on his phone after a certain time, not allowed to go gym - she calls it 'us time'. we're killing my mate  :lol:  :lol:

He should probably grow a pair Stan.

#32984 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

which bit lol

All of it but in particular the not being allowed on his phone bit. Some lads must love being controlled like little dickheads.

#32985 Cannabis

Cannabis

Andrew Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:04 PM

Imagine being controlled like that. What an utter towel.

#32986 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

The power of wonen is something not to be underestimated.

#32987 Cannabis

Cannabis

Andrew Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

I love the wonan.

#32988 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,427 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Maidana

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

The power of wonen is something not to be underestimated.

Islam strongly disagrees!

#32989 Mazzari

Mazzari

Currently Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined 05-March 16
  • Favourites:Heurelho Gomes, Troy Deeney, Ikechi Anya

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

He can do that as long as he keeps being one of the best hip hop artists of all time.

Not saying his ego is well placed, but it's not dissimilar to the ego of 70s rockstars who were a lot more run of the mill musically than him.

#32990 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

I love the wonan.

Oops :lol:

Islam strongly disagrees!

Even there they have the power mate. In every culture women (or is it wonene) rule the roost. ;)

#32991 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:02 AM

Oops :lol: Even there they have the power mate. In every culture women (or is it wonene) rule the roost. ;)

You've lost the plot lol

#32992 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,427 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Maidana

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:50 AM

Oops :lol: Even there they have the power mate. In every culture women (or is it wonene) rule the roost. ;)

If by roost you mean the kitchen then yes, otherwise your wife stole your account.

You've lost the plot lol

Definitely.

#32993 True Blue

True Blue

N'Golo Kante he is better than you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts
  • Joined 09-November 06
  • Favourites:Chelsea FC past and present

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

37129294dhedh_sm.jpgfree photo upload

#32994 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

img_msanoja_20160825-162243_imagenes_lv_

What if we only ate Bacon

What would happen to our bodies?

What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight ...

#32995 The Rebel CRS

The Rebel CRS

First Team

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,315 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08
  • Favourites:Sergio Busquets

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

img_msanoja_20160825-162243_imagenes_lv_

What if we only ate Bacon

What would happen to our bodies?

What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight ...

We aren't designed to eat meat full stop. We have teeth that aren't suitable for eating meat, they are similar to herbivores other than our canine teeth and we certainly don't have a wide mouth as big as our head size like carnivores do.

It's the reason we can't eat meat raw without getting ill also, our stomach acidity is the same as a herbivore and not a carnivore or even omnivore. We aren't designed to eat meat technically.

We also chew our food like herbivores do, while carnivores and even omnivores swallow it whole. Not to mention we don't have sharp claws(both herbivores and omnivores do), but flattened finger nails, just like herbivores. Same with our jaw movement, everything.

Check these teeth(a herbivore):-

Horse-Teeth-3.jpg

Now these(a Carnivore):-

8280880817_0224928eee_b.jpg

And these(an omnivore):-

polar-bears3.jpg

Which one is the closest to a human?

I live off meat so I'm not preaching or anything as I couldn't live without it myself, but we aren't supposed to technically. Over time we have evolved and classify ourselves as omnivores, but in my opinion we aren't really.

Edited by The Rebel CRS, 03 September 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#32996 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

My teeth are closer to an omnivore there ha ha.  

Edited by Shinkansen, 03 September 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#32997 nudge

nudge

Forza Michael!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,861 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

POPULAR

Humans are most definitely omnivores per sé, our pre-ancestors have been eating meat as a supplement to the fruits, nuts and vegetables a million years ago. Meat being extremely nutrient-  and energy-rich was one of the key reasons for developing larger and more elaborate brain, and cooperative hunting led to higher socialization, development of language and human intelligence in general, all of which essentially made us what we are today. Our teeth, facial structure and digestive tract also changed throughout generations after humans learned to process meat - we developed smaller teeth, less pronounced jaw, more advanced speech organs. That said, meat consumption isn't necessary for modern humans as long as we get enough nutrients from other foods, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with rational meat eating in moderation.

#32998 Azeem98

Azeem98

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Joined 10-December 14
  • Favourites:Zidane,C.Ronaldo,Rui Costa,Iniesta,Figo

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

I am no expert on this topic but we cannot judge weather we should eat meat or not just by comparing us to animals. The fact that Humans don't have a big mouth as carnivores or omnivores doesn't show we aren't meant to eat some particular food it shows we aren't build to eat as much as they do for example lions don't eat everyday most of the times they eat up-to 40-60 pounds at a time by hunting a large pray and they don't eat for a couple of days.Where small carnivores like foxes and jackals hunt small prey everyday

We do have a canine teeth, i am pretty sure if you google ' Human canine teeth is not meant for eating meat' you fill find something. If it is true then what is it for? also Anaconda doesn't have a single teeth but it is certainly build for eating meat.

Now they even say adults should stop drinking milk because only a baby can digest it properly which does make sense because all animals drink milk when they are infants so i should stop drinking it right now :lol:    

Edited by Azeem98, 03 September 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#32999 Cannabis

Cannabis

Andrew Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Stopped reading after the "comparing us to animals" comment. We Humans are just an animal at the end of the day so comparing us to another animal is exactly the same as comparing a cat to a dog.

#33000 SirBalon

SirBalon

Terra Miña

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts
  • Joined 18-December 13

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

And we are just another animal that shares this planet and animals eat to survive.  Obviously evolution and each animal's habits have helped to transform the way we eat, digest and our necessities.

So many different types of conditioning come into effect here from the natural (natural surroundings), social culture and also even religious doctrine.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users