Cark

Gary. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

• Forum Moderator
  • 27,707 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

I didn't even pay attention to who the characters are as didn't recognise any of them. Who do Ben and Kyle play?

Danny and John.

#31402 Any O

Any O

Revolution

• Forum Moderator
  • 16,032 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Favourites:All of them are shite
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

Woke up yesterday expecting a quiet day and ended up going down Leeds for a night out. Random as fuck like but cracking night.

#31403 Cardew Out

Cardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • 11,991 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Favourites:Hatem Ben Arfa
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 PM

Very easy way to get USA Netflix on a UK PS4 for those interested:

#31404 Harpoon

Harpoon

Free Brady

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 19-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:39 PM

Hey Cark what job did you have in Australia? 

#31405 Lucas

Lucas

Sexy Leeds

• Members
  • 6,186 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10
  • Favourites:Lucas Radebe, Tony Yeboah, Lee Bowyer, Gary Speed, Nigel Martyn
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:56 AM

Ahhhhhh. It always feels extra great to finish a night shift. Not least because you're going to bed as everyone else is getting up for work.

#31406 Bluewolf

Bluewolf

The Grandad of TFF

• Members
  • 9,406 posts
  • Joined 26-August 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:22 AM

Ahhhhhh. It always feels extra great to finish a night shift. Not least because you're going to bed as everyone else is getting up for work.

I used to get bugger all sleep with the kids during the summer months when I was a Nighty...

#31407 Any O

Any O

Revolution

• Forum Moderator
  • 16,032 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Favourites:All of them are shite
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:03 PM

Booked the day off work today to go to a hospital appointment and work begged me to do "a few hours" for a full day's pay, happy fucking days. Doing 8 hours tonight. £180ish quid for 11 hours work. Sorted me right out.

#31408 Lucas

Lucas

Sexy Leeds

• Members
  • 6,186 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:25 PM

I used to get bugger all sleep with the kids during the summer months when I was a Nighty...

Used to dabble on night's did you? What were that doing?

I've got a blackout blind so don't get too affected by light and unless next door neighbours kids are screaming in their garden, I get away with it thankfully. Think I prefer night's because I don't need to wake up to an alarm in the afternoon going to bed straight away.

#31409 Cardew Out

Cardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • 11,991 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

Used to dabble on night's did you? What were that doing?   I've got a blackout blind so don't get too affected by light and unless next door neighbours kids are screaming in their garden, I get away with it thankfully. Think I prefer night's because I don't need to wake up to an alarm in the afternoon going to bed straight away.

I prefer nights personally, hopefully going on permanent soon. And aye I hate waking up on days to an alarm with hardly any sleep, get about 7 hours when I'm on nights. Plus the job itself suits me more at nights, only 3 people including me in

#31410 Lucas

Lucas

Sexy Leeds

• Members
  • 6,186 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:52 PM

I prefer nights personally, hopefully going on permanent soon. And aye I hate waking up on days to an alarm with hardly any sleep, get about 7 hours when I'm on nights. Plus the job itself suits me more at nights, only 3 people including me in

Permanent? Is that all week then? Not sure I'd quite fancy that. My shifts are 12 hours so I normally work a 4 on 4 off pattern alternating days and nights week by week.

#31411 Cardew Out

Cardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • 11,991 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

Permanent? Is that all week then? Not sure I'd quite fancy that. My shifts are 12 hours so I normally work a 4 on 4 off pattern alternating days and nights week by week.

Yeah it's 4 10 hour shifts Mon-Thurs, Friday overtime but I rarely do it. Days is 5 8s Monday to Friday. Worked permanent nights in my last 2 jobs and like it. Plus constantly switching shifts every fortnight fucks me so wouldn't fancy it weekly like you!

#31412 Lucas

Lucas

Sexy Leeds

• Members
  • 6,186 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

Yeah it's 4 10 hour shifts Mon-Thurs, Friday overtime but I rarely do it. Days is 5 8s Monday to Friday. Worked permanent nights in my last 2 jobs and like it. Plus constantly switching shifts every fortnight fucks me so wouldn't fancy it weekly like you!

Actually that's not too bad. Unless you don't have much plans for weeknights, Monday to Thursday is tidy. Get up earlier than normal on the Friday to slip into Day mode and you've essentially got nearly a 4 day weekend not back in till Monday night. That's alright.

Edited by Lucas, Today, 03:01 PM.

#31413 Spike

Spike

Not Allowed To Support Chelsea

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:02 PM

Hey Cark what job did you have in Australia? 

Like all backpackers he picked fruit. You can get your Visa extended by working in certain rural communities.

#31414 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • 35,993 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

Got a text this morning saying my grandad was taken to hospital with breathing problems. Been in a home for a number of years now and slowly been losing health. But he's a fighter. 91 and counting. Very weak at the moment is the latest update but I've no doubt he'll keep on fighting. 

#31415 Harpoon

Harpoon

Free Brady

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 19-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:44 PM

Like all backpackers he picked fruit. You can get your Visa extended by working in certain rural communities.

Not too sure I'd like doing that. Would like to live abroad for a bit while I'm still in my early twenties though. 

#31416 Spike

Spike

Not Allowed To Support Chelsea

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:47 PM

Got a text this morning saying my grandad was taken to hospital with breathing problems. Been in a home for a number of years now and slowly been losing health. But he's a fighter. 91 and counting. Very weak at the moment is the latest update but I've no doubt he'll keep on fighting. 

Hope he pulls through mate and sticks around until he decides so.

#31417 Cannabis

Cannabis

'

• Members
  • 5,193 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
  • Favourites:Everton Football Club.
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

Hope he pulls a Leicester and storms his way from very week to fighting fit :).

Thoughts with you mate, I'm sure he will pull through.

#31418 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • 35,993 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:12 PM

Thanks lads. 

I must say though it's looking bleak. They're not feeding him at the moment and he's only on a saline drip. He's got pneumonia and apparently had water in his lungs :(

#31419 TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack

First Team

• Forum Moderator
  • 3,393 posts
  • Joined 21-November 04
  • Favourites:Dean Moxey
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

All the best my man.

Thoughts are with you, hopefully he can fight it off.

#31420 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • 35,993 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:53 PM

Thanks pal

#31421 Bluewolf

Bluewolf

The Grandad of TFF

• Members
  • 9,406 posts
  • Joined 26-August 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:07 PM

All the best for your Grandad Stan... 91 and counting.. That's a fine old innings that is..

Used to dabble on night's did you? What were that doing?

I've got a blackout blind so don't get too affected by light and unless next door neighbours kids are screaming in their garden, I get away with it thankfully. Think I prefer night's because I don't need to wake up to an alarm in the afternoon going to bed straight away.

I used to be a Nightcrew Manager at Safeways back in the day and did that for about 5 or 6 years before moving on to days to take over the Grocery Manager's job because he had a falling out with the Store Manager and walked out one morning leaving him in the shit.. :lol:  Then in 95' I left there when redundancy came around and got a job working Nights at a Warehouse about 30 minutes away from me within a couple of weeks..  I had my interview with a bloke who used to come from a similar background in Sainsbury's and reckon that's what swung it for me.. Spent about 4 years odd doing that before getting the Project Managers job and moving back onto days.. 

I did enjoy working Nights I must admit, less senior Management interference, less calls all the time, kind of did whatever you wanted to do to get the job done.. Used to do job and knock as well at Safeway's which was good.. If you had a light night you could be starting at 8 and be out by 2am and of course there was all the free food you could eat... had some laughs doing that Safeways job.. Couldn't get away with half of what we used to do back then now mind..

#31422 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Global Moderator
  • 18,827 posts
  • Joined 29-March 07
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:12 PM

All the best mate, I know it's no comfort but 91 is a fantastic age.

Edited by deadlinesman, Today, 05:12 PM.

#31423 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Young Guns

• Administrator
  • 35,993 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

Thanks guys.

It really is, considering the stories I've heard from my dad and other relatives about the kind of life he lived! Loved a good old glass of whisky.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users