Why is there a kangaroo below this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04
  • Favourites:Tim Cahill and Andy Keogh.
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 AM

What the actual fuck is quorn? Is it corn but you are honouring the queens involvement in the uprising of it?

#28122 Rab

Rab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,291 posts
  • Joined 05-December 04
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:25 AM

It's fake food.

#28123 FOYM

FOYM

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts
  • Joined 30-March 11
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

Can't believe my works of art got sounded out by a coversation about curry. Kill me now please.

#28124 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Off to take my dad to the hospital now for an operation. I've got to wait at least 4 hours on my Jack Jones cos he's got to go under general anaesthetic and there's no given time for the operation. I'm loaded up with my Kindle (recently downloaded Thronkersaurus (Dan Walker) and We Need to Talk (Kevin Bridges), last night's Apprentice on my phone, Football Cliches book and Tinder on my phone amongst other things. Fun day ahead...

Can't believe my works of art got sounded out by a coversation about curry. Kill me now please.

Racist.

They were pretty damn good though. Get it to Tate Modern.

#28125 Keely

Keely

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,456 posts
  • Joined 11-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM

I really like Quorn 'chicken' in a curry or in spag bol but I tend to lean towards veg curries or using chick peas to bulk up curries.

Then again I don't drink milk or have much dairy at all now. Made me feel loads better when I started limiting dairy. 

Also working my first night shift. Got a call asking to come in to do a 21:54 to 06:06 shift tonight. Makes a change from the earlies I've been doing so far.

#28126 Cark

Cark

Gary. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,415 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

So I've gone back to work today and....it's shit. Being a binman is fucking mindnumbing.

I've nothing against the purpose of the job, it's a public service and needs to be done. But all day my job is grab a bin, put it on van, take it off van, put bin back, go to next house and repeat. Repeat for however many hundreds of houses you have to do. Binmen might finish early but fuck me do you need to, after about 3-4 hours of it I am ready to jump into oncoming traffic.

Rang my agency up today for some other work, they asked why, I said "cos being a binman is er", paused as to think of a professional way to describe it, and without hesitation the fella who works at the agency finishes my sentence, "....shit?". Yeah mate, that's the one. Fucking shit.

Now I'll do it because I need the money, but fuck am I doing it full-time like before. Three days is enough in a week, even that's pushing it but working 16 hours a week just isn't enough, hopefully hear back from some decent f/t jobs soon.

Edited by Cark, Yesterday, 04:50 PM.

#28127 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:51 PM

What about a job in a supermarket or retail shop temporarily? Probably missed the boat at most places for Xmas temps but I'm sure there's always places looking to hire.

#28128 Cark

Cark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,415 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

What about a job in a supermarket or retail shop temporarily? Probably missed the boat at most places for Xmas temps but I'm sure there's always places looking to hire.

I'm looking into social care and admin roles at the moment, should probably look into retail jobs too though I'm not too sure they'd be any better than what I'm currently doing around xmas time. I have 5 days a week if I want it, the council are struggling to get loaders in and the jobs been on going for ages.

I'm no stranger to physically hard work, I spent 6 months doing laborious jobs in 40 degree heat in Oz. Done Warehouse work that pretty much involves running around all day, worked as a labourer for builders, but this job is starting to grate on me. It's a combination of a lot of walking/running and absolutely no mental stimulation whatsoever. I don't mind working hard if I'm thinking, trying to work something out or carrying out different tasks. But when it's just the same over and over, fuck me. The geezers on the job earn a few bob too, the geezer who drives the lorry earns £2k a month...I'm on minimum, no wonder they can't get the staff.

Edited by Cark, Yesterday, 05:00 PM.

#28129 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 04:58 PM

I'm looking into social care and admin roles at the moment, should probably look into retail jobs too though I'm not too sure they'd be any better than what I'm currently doing around xmas time.

I'd rate it higher than a binman but regardless a job is a job. I think you'd learn more from a retail job even if you have no intention of doing it for the rest of your life.

#28130 FOYM

FOYM

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts
  • Joined 30-March 11
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

Do NOT go into retail during the holidays Cark. Your job is boring, fair enough, but at least it isn't stressful (well, not as stressful as a retail job is). Dealing with dickheads day in and day out, constantly watching stock levels, keeping your till balanced during a busy day, hitting targets constantly, overselling products that you think are shite, looking over your shoulder all the time, mystery customers, in work bickering. Stay as a binman, man.

#28131 Cark

Cark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,415 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

I'd rate it higher than a binman but regardless a job is a job. I think you'd learn more from a retail job even if you have no intention of doing it for the rest of your life.

I've done retail, and tbh it probably is better just because at least you're interacting with people, get asked to do different things on tills or doing stock...I might go hand some cv's out over the weekend.

#28132 Ignis Excubitor

Ignis Excubitor

Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • Joined 14-May 13
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

@curry talk

Here is a surprising fact -- Nobody (or rather not a lot) eats a vindaloo here. I have never tasted it and never even seen it in a Mumbai restaurant menu or at least the restaurants I have been too.

@FOYM

Get yourself a weird wardrobe, some facial hair and talk about vague things and you will be a star in quick time.

On a serious note, you have good skills man. I hope you make it as an artist. They look really nice. Try befriending people from galleries and try to sneak in a show. Its a tough thing to get that gig, but try it.

#28133 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Do NOT go into retail during the holidays Cark. Your job is boring, fair enough, but at least it isn't stressful (well, not as stressful as a retail job is). Dealing with dickheads day in and day out, constantly watching stock levels, keeping your till balanced during a busy day, hitting targets constantly, overselling products that you think are shite, looking over your shoulder all the time, mystery customers, in work bickering. Stay as a binman, man.

Depends what job in retail you're doing. If you're just a till person/sales assistant, the only thing you get pushed to keep on top of is hitting targets and dealing with customers. You don't need to worry about till balancing, overselling products (that much). Not sure what the looking over your shoulder thing is. Obviously every place is different but I'm just going from personal experience. I worked in fashion retail so most of my job was tills, increasing average basket totals and keeping the store tidy. 

#28134 Cark

Cark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,415 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:09 PM

I like doing stock, well, I say like, I used to do it for Holland & Barrett and if anything it broke the day up. Doing the bins isn't stressful, but it's fast paced. You don't get lunch, just eat between routes, work to finish as quick as you can which isn't bad if you've only done about 2-3 hours of work, but that only happens once in a blue moon, most days you're looking at 4-6 minimum and anything more means you've probably shifted around 20 tonnes of shit from peoples bins. I deal with dickheads day in day out, foreigners with no grasp of English moaning at me because I won't take their recycling bin when they've filled it with non-recyclables, dickheads who moan when you tell them the bin is too heavy and then try and put the bin on the lorry themselves, happened today and because the bird was being a cunt the person I was working with nearly got injured because of it.

You get dickheads in every line of work, and shit jobs, but I'm just after something that isn't as mindnumbing and doesn't involve as much walking/running. I don't mind fast paced, I don't mind having to do different things but I do mind killing my body and numbing my mind for minimum wage.

I know I complained about being off work for ages, but I was wanting an actual job, not this shit.

Oh, and a job that does't start at 6am would be a plus too. 4.30am wake up call is not the one.

Edited by Cark, Yesterday, 05:10 PM.

#28135 FOYM

FOYM

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts
  • Joined 30-March 11
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:09 PM

Looking over your shoulder for rapist customers, you should know this Stan if you work in retail. It's one of the first things they tell you. :tut:

#28136 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Looking over your shoulder for rapist customers, you should know this Stan if you work in retail. It's one of the first things they tell you. :tut:

I didn't work in a brothel. Sounds like you did. :lol:

#28137 Moaty2

Moaty2

Fuck Off

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,489 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 PM

Being a bin man sounds the most interesting job in the world compared to mine. The last two days I sat in an office doing fuck all, had to lump some big boxes up stairs and moaned about it despite literally having fuck all to do other than answer the door to Royal Mail and TNT who visit twice a day. Waste of money me even being there! Actually sick of my gaffer, put me at a site where they treat us like scum as I said earlier in the thread so I nip it in the bud as it is bad for my leg, looked on our self service site and I am there for the next four weeks. On Monday I am going in, sitting down and if one cunt says anything I am telling them to get fucked.

#28138 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Zanetti, Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

So I've gone back to work today and....it's shit. Being a binman is fucking mindnumbing.

I've nothing against the purpose of the job, it's a public service and needs to be done. But all day my job is grab a bin, put it on van, take it off van, put bin back, go to next house and repeat. Repeat for however many hundreds of houses you have to do. Binmen might finish early but fuck me do you need to, after about 3-4 hours of it I am ready to jump into oncoming traffic.

Rang my agency up today for some other work, they asked why, I said "cos being a binman is er", paused as to think of a professional way to describe it, and without hesitation the fella who works at the agency finishes my sentence, "....shit?". Yeah mate, that's the one. Fucking shit.

Now I'll do it because I need the money, but fuck am I doing it full-time like before. Three days is enough in a week, even that's pushing it but working 16 hours a week just isn't enough, hopefully hear back from some decent f/t jobs soon.

If you were a binman here you would have a great pay, about USD$1400 which is alot here.

#28139 Cark

Cark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,415 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Being a bin man sounds the most interesting job in the world compared to mine. The last two days I sat in an office doing fuck all, had to lump some big boxes up stairs and moaned about it despite literally having fuck all to do other than answer the door to Royal Mail and TNT who visit twice a day. Waste of money me even being there! Actually sick of my gaffer, put me at a site where they treat us like scum as I said earlier in the thread so I nip it in the bud as it is bad for my leg, looked on our self service site and I am there for the next four weeks. On Monday I am going in, sitting down and if one cunt says anything I am telling them to get fucked.

I used to clean for a company at the Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire, had it not have been nights and not have been weekends it wouldn't have been bad. The first 4 or so hours I normally spent cleaning a spa area, it was heavenly. 5 star. You didn't need to rush as long as you didn't do everything too slowly. You had tasks and you got on with it. Sometimes I got to clean the swimming pool area indoors, dust photos, shades, clean windows. Clean the chairs. Pick up old newspapers, then mop the floor. Nothing exciting but you had enough different jobs to do in a manageable time period, jobs that weren't mindnumbing because you'd just listen to music as you done it. I'd go to lunch and watch the football with my boss and the lads who worked there, all African/Caribbean and a good laugh. Then for the next four hours my job was to simply hoover and mop floors downstairs. Hoover around a 5 star hotel, what was once some richmans country mansion, beautiful place to wander around at night it has to be said.

You wouldn't think something so simple could be so peaceful but it was, like I said the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was working 11-7, it took 4 hours altogether to travel there and back (longer on a Sunday morning home), and I worked Friday-Monday nights. Had one bastard of rota where I ended up doing 7 nights in a row.

If you were a binman here you would have a great pay, about USD$1400 which is alot here.

Binmen here get between £1500-£2000 a month, but I'm not employed by the council and instead through an agency so my agency takes money off of my wage for providing me the job which leaves me at minimum.

#28140 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 05:54 PM

I used to clean for a company at the Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire, had it not have been nights and not have been weekends it wouldn't have been bad. The first 4 or so hours I normally spent cleaning a spa area, it was heavenly. 5 star. You didn't need to rush as long as you didn't do everything too slowly. You had tasks and you got on with it. Sometimes I got to clean the swimming pool area indoors, dust photos, shades, clean windows. Clean the chairs. Pick up old newspapers, then mop the floor. Nothing exciting but you had enough different jobs to do in a manageable time period, jobs that weren't mindnumbing because you'd just listen to music as you done it. I'd go to lunch and watch the football with my boss and the lads who worked there, all African/Caribbean and a good laugh. Then for the next four hours my job was to simply hoover and mop floors downstairs. Hoover around a 5 star hotel, what was once some richmans country mansion, beautiful place to wander around at night it has to be said.

You wouldn't think something so simple could be so peaceful but it was, like I said the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was working 11-7, it took 4 hours altogether to travel there and back (longer on a Sunday morning home), and I worked Friday-Monday nights. Had one bastard of rota where I ended up doing 7 nights in a row.

Binmen here get between £1500-£2000 a month, but I'm not employed by the council and instead through an agency so my agency takes money off of my wage for providing me the job which leaves me at minimum.

Lol tough luck mate. Altough here USD$1400 is like ARS$22.000, basic wage is $4400 so thats a great wage.

Edited by Berserker, Yesterday, 09:29 PM.

#28141 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

TFF's Resident Sheepshagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,044 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

So I've gone back to work today and....it's shit. Being a binman is fucking mindnumbing. I've nothing against the purpose of the job, it's a public service and needs to be done. But all day my job is grab a bin, put it on van, take it off van, put bin back, go to next house and repeat. Repeat for however many hundreds of houses you have to do. Binmen might finish early but fuck me do you need to, after about 3-4 hours of it I am ready to jump into oncoming traffic. Rang my agency up today for some other work, they asked why, I said "cos being a binman is er", paused as to think of a professional way to describe it, and without hesitation the fella who works at the agency finishes my sentence, "....shit?". Yeah mate, that's the one. Fucking shit. Now I'll do it because I need the money, but fuck am I doing it full-time like before. Three days is enough in a week, even that's pushing it but working 16 hours a week just isn't enough, hopefully hear back from some decent f/t jobs soon.

I didn't do a binman, but did data inputting which was basically tap tap tap all day full time for three years, so have an idea of what you mean by mindnumbing. On the bright side, at least you are getting money in and doing something rather than being a bum.

#28142 oliveandblue

oliveandblue

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts
  • Joined 31-December 10
  • Favourites:Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Patrick Herrmann, Roman Neustadter
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Garbage truck guys in nice American neighborhoods are called Sanitary Waste Technicians - which is correct but the title makes you think they're engineers or something.  

#28143 Bluebird Hewitt

Bluebird Hewitt

TFF's Resident Sheepshagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,044 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

Garbage truck guys in nice American neighborhoods are called Sanitary Waste Technicians - which is correct but the title makes you think they're engineers or something.

We also have 'Domestic Assistants' around here. All in the name of being PC friendly. :mellow:

#28144 Cannabis

Cannabis

8. 11. 93.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
  • Favourites:Everton Football Club.
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 PM

Working in retail is shit, I used to work in the Co-Operative Food and it was a pile of wank. Having to say the same thing over and over, pretending to take the slightest bit of interest in people's day to day lives, having to deal with the scum of the Earth coming in and complaining that they can't use their un-employment status to get £1 off their shopping and having one eye on the door in case some cunt came in with a shotgun was just some of the reasons why I wanted out. 

If you can lick toilets clean or work in retail I'd get my tongue out pronto.

#28145 Thibaut

Thibaut

Andre Schurrle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13
  • Favourites:Schurrle, Courtois, Mata, Cech, Terry, Filipe Luis
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Why are you so blobby then?  :ninja: :P

pictures

Well, finally got some artwork photographed and presented decently. Lemme know the feedback ya'll :thumbup:

Nice work mate. What materials did you use? How much are you selling them for? Sounds awesome making money from doing something you love

#28146 Keely

Keely

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,456 posts
  • Joined 11-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Mind numming jobs. I work in packing.I pack pharmaceuticals for 8 hours. Easy work but boring as hell.

#28147 Rab

Rab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,291 posts
  • Joined 05-December 04
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

I couldn't do such a simple job. I'm bored shitless building websites never mind repeating the same process all day.

#28148 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,812 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Working in retail is shit, I used to work in the Co-Operative Food and it was a pile of wank. Having to say the same thing over and over, pretending to take the slightest bit of interest in people's day to day lives, having to deal with the scum of the Earth coming in and complaining that they can't use their un-employment status to get £1 off their shopping and having one eye on the door in case some cunt came in with a shotgun was just some of the reasons why I wanted out. 

If you can lick toilets clean or work in retail I'd get my tongue out pronto.

:lol:. Would love to see if you'd stick to your word. 

#28149 Shinkansen

Shinkansen

Why is there a kangaroo below this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts
  • Joined 10-December 04
  • Favourites:Tim Cahill and Andy Keogh.
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

I have to put my rubbish bags out next to the local park and then they disappear. Strange world.

#28150 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

I heard Cark was on Japan..

#28151 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,647 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Favourites:Vardy, Mahrez, Ulloa, Knockaert
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 12:26 AM

Was it actually a 'cake' though? Or just a savoury snack?

Found it. It's this;

khaman_dhokla1.jpg

Called Khaman Dhokla. Like I say, very, very weird but surprisingly nice.

#28152 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,647 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Favourites:Vardy, Mahrez, Ulloa, Knockaert
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 12:46 AM

I'd take a binman over retail. Did one days work experience at Poundland (thank fuck it got cut short) and it was without a doubt the most boring day of my life. Never working in retail again. Ever. Shit hours too.

#28153 Vince53

Vince53

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:06 AM

I'm in a bad mood. I was watching the kids at Aunt Elvia's Home, when one of them hit another one. I made her sit in a chair, but when Elvia returned, they all ganged up on me and said it didn't happen,

I'll just sit in my chair and play computer games for a few hours until I feel better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shinkansen