One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Favourites:Knockaert, Vardy, Mahrez
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:22 PM

So the government can trot out statistics that say 'we've got [insert large number] of people off JSA in the last year'

How to make the JobCentre better: set targets of 'get x people into work'. It's that simple but they won't do it because there's a possibility of failure.

My point proven. People are obsessed with pointless stats that are actually misleading. The example I gave to Brian might not be totally accurate, but it's along those kind of lines.

The last line is spot on too.

It's such a vicious cycle it's untrue.

I do actually feel for some of the workers there, as I don't think they're scum enough to actually take pleasure out of messing people's lives around, but maybe they're just worried they'll end up on the same slippery slope?

I'm sorry but I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that the job market has improved in the past few years. Not from my point of view anyway. It's the same bullshit I had before.

I don't know how England is, but worse or better, turning into America is a mistake. Same with Canada, and we are better than the US.

Not like i've liked living here to begin with. I much rather live in Peru in all honesty

Which I guess brings up another topic. The Pacific South American countries never get any credit, but they are the best South American countries. Chile being the best.

Peru is safer than half South American countries. We are better than Argentina, Venezuela, and Brazil. We are also better than the landlocked countries in terms of politics.

Colombia has improved. There aren't nearly as many terrorists as there once were.

Not too sure about Ecuador.

Argentina, and Venezuela are the 2 countries in South America in most trouble at the moment. Mostly due to governments. Same with Paraguay but they've always been in trouble. The only Atlantic country better than us is Uruguay.

Argentina and Brazil get all the credit because of tourism but the reality is the Pacific side of South America is better.

Sorry for just jumping to a completely new topic aha :P

It's all matter of opinion.

It must be opinion as there are far too many variables to decide if a country is 'better'.

It's your own take. What's better, a country that's quite wealthy but overall pretty dull, or one that struggles financially but actually has a real vibe about it? Depends what you value in life.

For what it's worth I recently read that Chile is the safest country in South America. Given the behaviour of some of their fans at the World Cup I was quite surprised :lol:

#26002 Rab

Rab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts
  • Joined 05-December 04
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:24 PM

Why is Canada better than the US?

It's not.

#26003 Marazola

Marazola

The forums only inca warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
  • Favourites:Lolo Fernandez, Diego Maradona. True legends.
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

I just feel we aren't as lazy. Its also more dangerous.

Edited by Marazola, Today, 01:33 PM.

#26004 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,596 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Zanetti, Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

I don't know how England is, but worse or better, turning into America is a mistake. Same with Canada, and we are better than the US.

Not like i've liked living here to begin with. I much rather live in Peru in all honesty

Which I guess brings up another topic. The Pacific South American countries never get any credit, but they are the best South American countries. Chile being the best.

Peru is safer than half South American countries. We are better than Argentina, Venezuela, and Brazil. We are also better than the landlocked countries in terms of politics.

Colombia has improved. There aren't nearly as many terrorists as there once were.

Not too sure about Ecuador.

Argentina, and Venezuela are the 2 countries in South America in most trouble at the moment. Mostly due to governments. Same with Paraguay but they've always been in trouble. The only Atlantic country better than us is Uruguay.

Argentina and Brazil get all the credit because of tourism but the reality is the Pacific side of South America is better.

Sorry for just jumping to a completely new topic aha :P

Keep dreaming Sir Muppet.

#26005 Marazola

Marazola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:28 PM

My point proven. People are obsessed with pointless stats that are actually misleading. The example I gave to Brian might not be totally accurate, but it's along those kind of lines.

The last line is spot on too.

It's such a vicious cycle it's untrue.

I do actually feel for some of the workers there, as I don't think they're scum enough to actually take pleasure out of messing people's lives around, but maybe they're just worried they'll end up on the same slippery slope?

I'm sorry but I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that the job market has improved in the past few years. Not from my point of view anyway. It's the same bullshit I had before.

It's all matter of opinion.

It must be opinion as there are far too many variables to decide if a country is 'better'.

It's your own take. What's better, a country that's quite wealthy but overall pretty dull, or one that struggles financially but actually has a real vibe about it? Depends what you value in life.

For what it's worth I recently read that Chile is the safest country in South America. Given the behaviour of some of their fans at the World Cup I was quite surprised :lol:

I wouldn't say its the "safest" but its the most developed. Safest is probably Uruguay.

Keep dreaming Sir Muppet.

Lol Argentina was much better before 2008. We as a nation have improved in the last 15 years. Argentina has declined and we have improved. Fact. I'm not even showing bias here, if I was I would say we are better than Chile but we're not

#26006 Dickie

Dickie

Hingle McCringleberry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts
  • Joined 20-September 11
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

It's not.

It's just our hat

#26007 King Moaty

King Moaty

ELITE

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,576 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:31 PM

The problem with the Jobcentre is that it isn't what it says on the tin. Most of the queries they get from people walking in and talking to the member if staff at the front desk are all benefit related. It's never about help finding work, help with a CV or wanting to go on a course, it is always about when benefits are going to be paid, enquires about getting budget loans and other shit like that. They are more of a benefit centre, the only thing that they do regarding actual work is checking that you've looked for it and that is it. They have recently had a big facelift and it's going to be exactoy the same. They are a big help for people who don''t have any intention of working but for people like The Foxes they are a waste of time and money.

#26008 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:33 PM

I never realised how small Uruguay is. I thought they were joking when they said the place has a population of three million.

We just aren't as greedy. I've seen a lot of bullshit in the US that I haven't seen here.

For example I was in Florida last year, we were at the airport waiting for a cab to pick us up. Not only does it take 45 minutes to arrive, but when it does it only had room for 2 people. Everyone around me was getting furious, saying that they've been waiting for a shit load of time and they called the hotel because of this.

Complete lack of Organization. How can a First World Country like the US do that? That's the shit I see in South America a lot of the time. 

That's just one example. I have never seen any shit like that in my 10 years living here.

You really can't write off a country of over three hundred million people because of an incident like that. A bit blinkered.

#26009 TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Joined 21-November 04
  • Favourites:Dean Moxey

Posted Today, 01:34 PM

Mark who?

Selby

#26010 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,596 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

I wouldn't say its the "safest" but its the most developed. Safest is probably Uruguay.

Lol Argentina was much better before 2008. We as a nation have improved in the last 15 years. Argentina has declined and we have improved. Fact. I'm not even showing bias here, if I was I would say we are better than Chile but we're not

We could be in civil war and eating sand but we would still be better than Peru, the same with Brazil. Only an Archeologist would choose Peru over Brazil or Argentina.

I never realised how small Uruguay is. I thought they were joking when they said the place has a population of three million.

You really can't write off a country of over three hundred million people because of an incident like that. A bit blinkered.

Uruguay is our own Scotland, they're like an autonomous province of us.. should have never gave them freedom.

#26011 Marazola

Marazola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:42 PM

I edited it and like I said that was just one example. Every countries have their good and bad areas but the US is more notorious for them than Canada is. Take a look at South Chicago for example, not exactly the greatest place to be in now is it?

Detroit has also gone to shit recently. No offense to anyone living in Detroit, but its bankrupt and all the people are leaving. Just 2 other examples

We could be in civil war and eating sand but we would still be better than Peru, the same with Brazil. Only an Archeologist would choose Peru over Brazil or Argentina.

Uruguay is our own Scotland, they're like an autonomous province of us.. should have never gave them freedom.

Ha nonsense. Your showing bias cause your Argentinian.

Also Uruguay is your Wales. Paraguay is your Scotland.

Trying to avoid racist comments here by the way, i'm just stating out the facts.

#26012 Pardew Out

Pardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,295 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Favourites:Hatem Ben Arfa
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

Recently? Detroits been fucked for a long, long time

#26013 King Moaty

King Moaty

ELITE

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,576 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:46 PM

Detroit and South Chicage are just two areas in an absolutely huge country. It's like saying that England is beautiful because of Bath or that it is horrible because of Stoke. Every single country in the world has it's beautiful areas and it's horrendous areas, fucking stupid judging a country on that, ridiculous.

#26014 Berserker

Berserker

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,596 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:48 PM

I edited it and like I said that was just one example. Every countries have their good and bad areas but the US is more notorious for them than Canada is. Take a look at South Chicago for example, not exactly the greatest place to be in now is it?

Detroit has also gone to shit recently. No offense to anyone living in Detroit, but its bankrupt and all the people are leaving. Just 2 other examples

Ha nonsense. Your showing bias cause your Argentinian.

Also Uruguay is your Wales. Paraguay is your Scotland.

Trying to avoid racist comments here by the way, i'm just stating out the facts.

Go make some snow angels you glass-wearing, underage bipolar cunt. 

#26015 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

Detroit and South Chicage are just two areas in an absolutely huge country. It's like saying that England is beautiful because of Bath or that it is horrible because of Stoke. Every single country in the world has it's beautiful areas and it's horrendous areas, fucking stupid judging a country on that, ridiculous.

The problem in England is the Stokes largely outweigh the Baths.

In Stoke they haven't even discovered baths.

#26016 Marazola

Marazola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:55 PM

I even said that the US have their good area's as well, however what happened to Detroit didn't happen to the US much in the past. Now I may be wrong on that, but its a good example of how much the country's declined. Also I am sick of Americans saying they are the best. Its ok to have pride, I have plenty of Peruvian pride, but when you rub it in everyone's face then we have a problem. 

Also i'm not saying that the US is horrible. I just think its a lot worse to what it used to be and giving examples.

#26017 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 01:55 PM

Recently? Detroits been fucked for a long, long time

My knowledge of USA is crap. Just googled Detroit. What the fuck's happened there? That place looks the pits.

#26018 Pardew Out

Pardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,295 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:02 PM

My knowledge of USA is crap. Just googled Detroit. What the fuck's happened there? That place looks the pits.

Motor industry has ruined them, everyone with a few quid fucked off so it's now just poor people living there, all the buildings have no windows etc. I watched a documentary about it the other day, it's a real shithole

#26019 King Moaty

King Moaty

ELITE

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,576 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:05 PM

One of the major newspapers recently described the North East as the Detroit of the UK, what a joke statement.

#26020 Pardew Out

Pardew Out

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,295 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:07 PM

One of the major newspapers recently described the North East as the Detroit of the UK, what a joke statement.

What a mong, bet it was a cockney. Nowhere in England is as bad as Detroit, not even sunderland

#26021 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:12 PM

I have to agree looking at what I've just seen. I don't remember anywhere in England that looks that bad.

I think in England most cities are much of a muchness. The majority are shitholes and the level of shithole they are often is reflected in how big they are.

Can someone please explain how Portsmouth has ever been considered a nice place. Easily in my top five shitholes in England.

#26022 Cark

Cark

All you need is Warbs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,632 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

I don't think you can compare the US and the UK.

Since the age of 8 I've lived in a council house, since the age of 14 my house has been fitted with double glazing and radiators. Before that the entire estate was just single glazing and maybe a fire place, we didn't have one. We used an electric radiator for the entire house. Most estate's in Ealing Borough were given that. We even got a kitchen upgrade with a decent cooker and some new flooring.

Do "projects" in America really get the same care as our housing does? New estates now are spacious, central heating, double glazing, look nice to live in. Obviously social aspects aren't being changed and a few more radiators won't stop gang violence or drug related crime, but hey, at least it's that little bit warmer at Winter if you can afford to turn the central heating on.

With that said, there are shitholes's all across the UK and whilst we have nothing that compares to Detroit nowadays (maybe not so when the mining industry was closed), the only difference for me when comparing estate's and run down areas in places like London, Bristol, Wales, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow etc to cities like New York, Detroit, Chicago, LA, etc is our ruling on gun crime. Past how easy it is to get a gun over there, I doubt you'd find much difference between mind sets and crime other than being cultural.

#26023 Harpoon

Harpoon

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 19-April 14
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

I just feel we aren't as lazy. Its also more dangerous.

You also have no culture of your own and just act like a little brother to America. 

And the irony of you talking about lazy is hilarious, you sit on a message board every hour of every day. 

Edited by Harpoon, Today, 03:04 PM.

#26024 Storts

Storts

To Dare is to Do

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Joined 04-November 07
  • Favourites:Gareth Bale
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

Poor Detroit, they don't deserve to be put in the same category as the North East :( Things must be even worse than I imagined

#26025 King Moaty

King Moaty

ELITE

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,576 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:21 PM

None of that lip on the 13th mate or there'll be hell on!

#26026 Storts

Storts

To Dare is to Do

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Joined 04-November 07
  • Favourites:Gareth Bale
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

None of that lip on the 13th mate or there'll be hell on!

You just try mate, won't be able to catch me

#26027 KeelyDRFC

KeelyDRFC

The one with the boobs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts
  • Joined 11-April 10
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:28 PM

The problem in England is the Stokes largely outweigh the Baths.

In Stoke they haven't even discovered baths.

Well in Yorkshire we think baths are for this. Last of the Summer Wine, more of a documentary on life in Yorkshire 

bathtub.JPG

#26028 Cark

Cark

All you need is Warbs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,632 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:31 PM

Christ the Job Centre are as useless as they fucking come. Well, not the Job Centre, whoever handles Employment & Support Allowance. As I'm an agency worker I won't receive SSP, so I want to claim my time off work. Every cunt gives me a different number to ring and when I finally get through, they hang up on me! Bastards.

#26029 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:36 PM

They're the most shambolic excuse of an organisation I have ever dealt with. There is absolutely no way you can be that useless by accident.

#26030 Cark

Cark

All you need is Warbs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,632 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

I know right :lol: Talking to a fucking automated message, christ almighty.

Fortunately my agency are pretty fucking sound and seem like they're going to work around my operation.

#26031 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

You only have to read the letters they send to get a feel for the level of ineptness surrounding the place. Absolutely pitiful standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Storts