24206 replies to this topic

#24201 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,007 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:33 PM

Went to Manchester with my girlfriend today as she had an interview for an apprenticeship scheme. Whilst I waited for her and passed the time I decided to wander around the city and take some of it in. I was born and raised in a small town that can be driven through in under five minutes and as a result it's only home to a few thousand people. Because of this I have to admit that I'm totally out of my depth in the big city. 

Too many weirdo's, too many snap-backs and too many foreigners (racism ftw!) in Manchester for me I'm afraid. I couldn't move without bumping into a Burka and was asked multiple times by old fella's who stunk of ale for some change to pay for their bus ride home. I'm sure that if I did have to re-locate to the city I'd end up getting used to it as the actual buildings and shops that are there were impressive but I have to admit that the sheer busyness of it all made me just want to go home. 

I don't actually know why I've turned this simple post into a rant but there you go, ironically I'm going to Liverpool this weekend to go clothes shopping with my girlfriend. FOYM, Danny-Boy & Berserker are all welcome to tag along.

You'll be one of these:

Btef0AlCIAEwO2N.jpg

#24202 Storts

Storts

To Dare is to Do

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts
  • Joined 04-November 07
  • Favourites:Gareth Bale
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:35 PM

You'll be one of these:

Btef0AlCIAEwO2N.jpg

The seats in TopShop on Oxford Street are absolutely perfect for talent scouting, can spend hours sitting there just admiring the views.

#24203 Moaty

Moaty

ELITE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,872 posts
  • Joined 01-January 07
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:41 PM

I love "city life" personally. Live on the outskirts of the city and it takes about 15 minutes on the Metro to get to Newcastle but I go often enough. It's a nice city as well, not even being biased there the city centre is lovely and a walk along the quayside on a nice day having a few expensive pints is always a pleasure. It is totally different from the sort of "village" life. I spent a fair bit time down Retford a couple of Summers ago and the people were very friendly and everyone seemed to know everyone. There wasn't a great deal there but people were happy and I actually felt as if I'd be happy to live there. Wouldn't move to another big city in England however, if I had to it'd be Sheffield.

#24204 Bring Me My Bow

Bring Me My Bow

Trainee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 26-December 13
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 04:43 PM

Went to Manchester with my girlfriend today as she had an interview for an apprenticeship scheme. Whilst I waited for her and passed the time I decided to wander around the city and take some of it in. I was born and raised in a small town that can be driven through in under five minutes and as a result it's only home to a few thousand people. Because of this I have to admit that I'm totally out of my depth in the big city. 

Too many weirdo's, too many snap-backs and too many foreigners (racism ftw!) in Manchester for me I'm afraid. I couldn't move without bumping into a Burka and was asked multiple times by old fella's who stunk of ale for some change to pay for their bus ride home. I'm sure that if I did have to re-locate to the city I'd end up getting used to it as the actual buildings and shops that are there were impressive but I have to admit that the sheer busyness of it all made me just want to go home. 

I don't actually know why I've turned this simple post into a rant but there you go, ironically I'm going to Liverpool this weekend to go clothes shopping with my girlfriend. FOYM, Danny-Boy & Berserker are all welcome to tag along.

Liverpool actually surprised me because of how few foreigners there were, which should be ideal for a xenophobe like yourself

#24205 The Foxes

The Foxes

One Nigel Pearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,966 posts
  • Joined 05-February 12
  • Favourites:Knockaert, Vardy, Mahrez
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:15 PM

Wouldn't move to another big city in England however, if I had to it'd be Sheffield.

Snap.

#24206 HotelCalifornia

HotelCalifornia

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  • Joined 20-February 12
  • Favourites:Friedel, Tugay, Novo, McCoist, Weiss, Savage
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:17 PM

I live literally a five minute walk from Birmingham city centre when I'm at uni. Not much peace and quiet but it's useful. Back home I live about 3 miles from town, not too bad but after a year of having the Bullring on your doorstep it's a bit of a comedown. Could happily live in either to be honest. Living in the arse end of nowhere wouldn't bother me too much either.

And yeah, I was surprised by how White British Liverpool is.

Snap.

Aye, Sheffield's a nice place. That, Newcastle and Bristol are probably my favourite English cities.

#24207 Altobelli Balotelli

Altobelli Balotelli

Its Lolo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
  • Favourites:Lorenzo Insigne, Diego Maradona, Nolberto Solano
  • Country Flag

Posted Today, 05:19 PM

I'd have to say i'm not a fan of City life. Peru's not as dangerous as people make of it, but Lima is definitely the most dangerous area in Peru. Especially the slums near it, but that kind of goes without saying.

Vancouver and Toronto aren't necessarily "dangerous" but they are definitely the most dangerous areas in Canada. I'm not a big fan of Montreal to be honest, its a nice place but I don't know, i've always preferred Quebec City.

The only cities I really like are Cusco, New York, London, and Lima.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users