LFCMadLad

Brendan Shankly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts
  • Favourites:Gerrard, Carra, Alonso, Coutinhooooooo
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

As someone who doesn't post in such threads I wouldn't know. But the matchday threads were ridiculous. He wasn't allowed to have an opinion.

He was allowed an opinion, it's just that 99% of people usually disagreed with it. There's a difference between ganging up on him for the sake of it and 5 people debating with him at once because they all disagree with him. The latter being the usual case. Anyway, I'm not sure he even believed half the stuff he typed in the match day threads, I think most of what he said was designed to rub people up the wrong way. That's the type of member he was.

Take my signature for example...

HalewoodToffee, on 17 Apr 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Suarez and Sturridge are just having a purple patch, Jelavic has done it his whole career. Jelavic is better than both.

Do you honestly believe that he actually thinks Jelavic is better than Suarez & Sturridge?

Of course he doesn't, no sane person would. He was on the wind-up as per usual. 

Edited by LFCMadLad, 18 April 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#21802 Fairy In Boots

Fairy In Boots

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts
  • Favourites:Paul McGrath
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

He was allowed an opinion, it's just that 99% of people usually disagreed with it. There's a difference between ganging up on him for the sake of it and 5 people debating with him at once because they all disagree with him. The latter being the usual case. Anyway, I'm not sure he even believed half the stuff he typed in the match day threads, I think most of what he said was designed to rub people up the wrong way. That's the type of member he was.

Take my signature for example...

HalewoodToffee, on 17 Apr 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Do you honestly believe that he actually thinks Jelavic is better than Suarez & Sturridge?

Of course he doesn't, no sane person would. He was on the wind-up as per usual. 

I don't want to get back into this convo so ignoring Halewood, I think your greatly overestimating the footballing knowledge of the average supporter in this country, up and down the country you would not catch your breath at some of the opinions I've heard, whether he was a wum or not some people believe absolute bollocks when it comes to their teams, I once met a Wolves fan who swore blind that Ronaldo wasn't as good as Matt Jarvis, I use a mates ST sometimes and there's a guy about 4 rows back that comes out with what I can only describe as verbal diarrhea, one time I met a Spurs fan that told me Spurs were a bigger club than Arsenal when I pointed out that that wasn't the case, he genuinely asked me was I slow in the head? I've come across moronic opinions from all over the place and no club is exempt, I see Villa fans talk complete bollocks day in day out at work on forum's or sites and every club is the same an awful lot take Sky Sports as a bible and end up spouting what in my opinion is complete shite.

#21803 FFS Murray

FFS Murray

TFF's only Palace fan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts
  • Favourites:Julian Speroni. Mile Jedinak. Glenn Murray.
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

I had Spurs fan at Sixth Form who claimed...

• Darren Bent was better than Wayne Rooney.
  • Adel Taarabt was better than Samir Nasri.
  • John Bostock would be the next Ronaldinho.
  • Tom Huddlestone would captain England.

Tosser.

#21804 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 posts
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

If he posted "don't like the line up" a fucking shitstorm would brew up out if nowhere. People overreacted to everything he typed.

No, because he'd never type that. He'd add 'even though it's a line the same as last season, it was better because Moyes picked it'. That was the stage ot had got to, simply to get a bite from other members.

#21805 Moaty

Moaty

ELITE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,466 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

As if people think Halewood didn't post simply to get a reaction, of course he did. Not a chance was he a "genuine" poster and neither is that boring mong W4L. Whether banning him is fair or not I'm not sure but I usually avoid the Premier League forum like the plague as I find the discussion in there mind numbingly tedious, not just because of him like.

#21806 GON The Genius

GON The Genius

There's a new sheriff in town

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,867 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

2 of my favourite albums 'anniversaries' this weekend - The Pixies' "Doolittle" is 25 today, and Nas' "Illmatic" came out 20 years ago tomorrow. Both around 40 mins long, well worth a listen if you've not before!

#21807 FFS Murray

FFS Murray

TFF's only Palace fan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

As if people think Halewood didn't post simply to get a reaction, of course he did. Not a chance was he a "genuine" poster and neither is that boring mong W4L. Whether banning him is fair or not I'm not sure but I usually avoid the Premier League forum like the plague as I find the discussion in there mind numbingly tedious, not just because of him like.

I think Palace's promotion increased the quality of discussion by at least 50% to be honest.

#21808 Smiley Culture

Smiley Culture

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Location:Essex - where the sky is blue, the grass is green and the women are orange.
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Halewood got what he wanted, he got the reaction from the majority on here. If no one took him on and replied to his rubbish, he'd have got bored and probably left years ago when he really won by getting the reaction and reeling in the bites. 

#21809 carefreeluke

carefreeluke

Brazil 2014.

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,403 posts
  • Favourites:Cech, Lampard
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

I think the members who got rattled constantly by Halewood are far worse than Halewood himself. Was the same case for other controversial members in the past as well.

#21810 Batard Barbu

Batard Barbu

N'importe quoi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

I think the members who got rattled constantly by Halewood are far worse than Halewood himself. Was the same case for other controversial members in the past as well.

I don't think he rattled anyone, I think he rankled some members with his posts. I enjoyed sparring with him as I'm sure others did as well. It just became drab and pathetic towards the end. Would I change any of it? Not a fucking chance.

#21811 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

"I am not without mercy."

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,325 posts
  • Favourites:Neven Subotic, Nuri Sahin, Marcel Schmelzer
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

You don't even post in the Premier league section you mong :lol: You have precisely zero reason to whinge. 

Of course I do from time to time ;) And just because I don't post there, doesn't mean that I don't read the stuff. I'm GLOBAL! :P

#21812 Flamaxi

Flamaxi

FourSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,529 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Never really got annoyed by HalewoodToffee that much but he always moaned about being on here so it's great for everyone that he's been put out his misery.

#21813 Cannabis

Cannabis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Favourites:Messi, Beckham & Mirallas.
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

It's great that he's gone as it let's people enjoy the forum again. I avoided the Crystal Palace thread like the plague because I knew he would be in there wanking at the sight of us losing. I had him on ignore for a while but when everyone's quoting him and kicking off it's impossible to ignore his antics. 

I'll be the first to apoligise for taking the bite too many times with him but it's easy for people to say 'ignore him' when they're not the one being targeted. When he's going around the forum replying to random posts of mine getting personal and calling my family, background and life-style it's not exactly easy to turn your back. 

The decision to ban him was 100% right and my only critisism of the staff is that they should have done it sooner. For all the stick I've thrown their way in the past I feel I have to in this instance stand up and applaud.

#21814 Fairy In Boots

Fairy In Boots

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts
  • Favourites:Paul McGrath
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

2 of my favourite albums 'anniversaries' this weekend - The Pixies' "Doolittle" is 25 today, and Nas' "Illmatic" came out 20 years ago tomorrow. Both around 40 mins long, well worth a listen if you've not before!

I know you will crucify me for this but it's my nostalgia for brilliance like this that makes so disillusioned with today's rap/hip hop scene.

on the other album I'd agree with you any Kurt Cobain fan (like myself) should see where he got some of his inspiration:

#21815 GON The Genius

GON The Genius

There's a new sheriff in town

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,867 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

I know you will crucify me for this but it's my nostalgia for brilliance like this that makes so disillusioned with today's rap/hip hop scene.

on the other album I'd agree with you any Kurt Cobain fan (like myself) should see where he got some of his inspiration:

Nah I totally see what you mean, I do listen to a good bit of current day stuff but for me, nothing will ever beat that early 90's NY sound that Nas, Wu-Tang, Biggie had. I would recommend giving Kendrick Lamar a listen though if you've not already, his album's compared to Illmatic a fair bit and while I don't think it's quite as good, it's a hugely intelligent, mature album. I think generally though, the best stuff nowadays is the 'alternative' side of hip-hop - people like MF DOOM, Odd Future, even Kanye West's newest stuff - although it can take a while to get into.

Glad to see another Pixies fan though, like you say it's shocking how many people call themselves huge Nirvana fans but couldn't name you a Pixies album, blasphemy! 

#21816 MadNick

MadNick

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Favourites:El Monumental, Cavenaghi, Higuain, Zanetti, Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I'm perplexed no one but me has noticed our beloved toffee is back yet.

#21817 ASF

ASF

Squad Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,691 posts
  • Favourites:Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Jorge Costa, Falcao, Hulk
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

I'm perplexed no one but me has noticed our beloved toffee is back yet.

Coldplaydisciple? I don't think it's him.

#21818 MadNick

MadNick

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, just look at his profile status, it's obviously him.

#21819 LFCMadLad

LFCMadLad

Brendan Shankly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, just look at his profile status, it's obviously him.

He joined the forum 2 days before Halewood was banned?

#21820 Flamaxi

Flamaxi

FourSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,529 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Seems to have more of an obsessive dislike towards Arsenal than towards Everton so it's probably not HalewoodToffee...

#21821 MadNick

MadNick

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

He joined the forum 2 days before Halewood was banned?

But made that suspicious status today at dawn, if it's not Halewood then it's another ex-member, of that i'm certainly sure.

Edited by MadNick, 18 April 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#21822 FFS Murray

FFS Murray

TFF's only Palace fan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I don't think it's him. May just be a South African being overly polite because he's shot his wife.

Edited by FFS Murray, 18 April 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#21823 LFCMadLad

LFCMadLad

Brendan Shankly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

But made that suspicious status today at dawn, if it's not Halewood then it's another ex-member, of that i'm certainly sure.

Who do you think you are like... fucking Inspector clouseau ? ...

ps2.gif

#21824 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

Who The F*@# is Jack Barakat?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Favourites:SAS, Coutinho, Gerrard, Super Brendan.
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

I've decided to build an unnecessary collection of CD's. 10 so far. Including the latest Elbow album and 9 others I found in a cupboard, such as The Verve and Travis' Greatest Hits.

#21825 LFCMadLad

LFCMadLad

Brendan Shankly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I've decided to build an unnecessary collection of CD's. 10 so far. Including the latest Elbow album and 9 others I found in a cupboard, such as The Verve and Travis' Greatest Hits.

Love The Verve.. fucking quality!

#21826 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Love The Verve.. fucking quality!

One of the albums I haven't listened to yet. After Travis, I'll definitely put them on.

#21827 Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze

Im Super Cereal!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,813 posts
  • Favourites:Cahill, Fellaini, Jagielka, Saha, Howard

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

just noticed Halewood got banned!

tumblr_mrkj6ibCyF1r0ftodo1_400.gif

#21828 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Fuck, Urban Hymns scared me. The final track is a piece of music, 6 minutes of silence, and another piece of music.  :D

#21829 Batard Barbu

Batard Barbu

N'importe quoi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Had a pretty good day it must be said, or at least I was. Went for a stroll round the village earlier with the other half all was good. Got home and because I took too long hanging up washing and then told her not to nick my hangers she went psycho spastic, hit me with a clothes hanger and then flung it at me! Jesus fucking wept. She's stormed out the house without telling me where she went but has since text to say "I've gone shopping". In her mind she thinks I've acted like a cunt. The mad bint.

#21830 Cannabis

Cannabis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Had a pretty good day it must be said, or at least I was. Went for a stroll round the village earlier with the other half all was good. Got home and because I took too long hanging up washing and then told her not to nick my hangers she went psycho spastic, hit me with a clothes hanger and then flung it at me! Jesus fucking wept. She's stormed out the house without telling me where she went but has since text to say "I've gone shopping". In her mind she thinks I've acted like a cunt. The mad bint.

She just went full retard. Never go full retard!

#21831 Rab

Rab

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

how often does rab actually get on here? He only ever seems to pop up to ban people or suspend them. I remember getting a temp ban a while ago off him and I'd never even noticed him before and tbh I haven't noticed much of him since either. The Celtic cunt.

I appear when I'm needed.

#21832 Batard Barbu

Batard Barbu

N'importe quoi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

She just went full retard. Never go full retard!

She goes into full meltdown when angry, gets right on my fucking tits

#21833 Cannabis

Cannabis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

She goes into full meltdown when angry, gets right on my fucking tits

I've experienced that myself. One of my ex-girlfriend's nearly broke my ribs because I accidentally reversed a computer chair into her. Needless to say the relationship didn't last much longer after that incident. 

#21834 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I've experienced that myself. One of my ex-girlfriend's nearly broke my ribs because I accidentally reversed a computer chair into her. Needless to say the relationship didn't last much longer after that incident. 

Are they now Mrs Halewood?  :D

#21835 HaRvEy Monster

HaRvEy Monster

Breakfast Time

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,871 posts
  • Favourites:Shearer, Given, Solano, Speed, Rob Lee
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Absolute disgrace mate, how long can it take someone to put the fucking the washing out? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

#21836 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

I hope those shops are close to the kitchen.

#21837 constantlyrodgers

constantlyrodgers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Ah, don't you love it when we all pool together and indulge in some casual sexism!  :D

#21838 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ah, don't you love it when we all pool together and indulge in some casual sex! :D

Fixed.

#21839 HaRvEy Monster

HaRvEy Monster

Breakfast Time

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,871 posts
  • Favourites:Shearer, Given, Solano, Speed, Rob Lee
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Sexism? I thought it was another kitchen sales team member to ban :ninja:

#21840 Batard Barbu

Batard Barbu

N'importe quoi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Calm girlfriend is back in attendance. Thank fuck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dolfa