HotelCalifornia

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Favourites:Friedel, Tugay, Novo, McCoist, Weiss, Savage
  • Country Flag

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Ouch. Better get that checked if it persists.

Yeah. Certainly got worse overnight. I can't remember exactly what happened when I turned, I think I tried to stand up and realised I couldn't. Took about 10 mins before I could even straighten my leg out.

#21162 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,407 posts
  • Favourites:Heskey, Izzet, Messi, Iniesta.
  • Country Flag

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Playing five a side last night and absolutely fucked my knee up to the point where today I can hardly walk down stairs. Tried to block a pass, stretched too far, went to turn and my left knee stayed where it was. Wonderful.

Ligaments mate. Definitely get it checked out to avoid long-term damage.

I've done ligaments in on my knee and both my ankles.

Was playing rugby once in the pouring rain at school. Was running with the ball, studs got stuck in the ground and i got tackled so half my leg went one way and the other half went with my normal momentum.

Can click my knee in the most awkward way possible as a result of that :lol:, Luckily don't suffer pain (these days), but I'd definitely recommend seeing a doctor. The sooner the better I'd say, especially if the pain is persisted 24 hours later.

#21163 HotelCalifornia

HotelCalifornia

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Cheers for the advice. I went to sit down before, got back up and the pain has vanished  :mellow: Still get the odd twinge from it but there's no pain when I'm walking about. Will see how it is tomorrow but it's looking quite decent now. (There're no signs of harms externally; it's literally inside towards the bottom of my kneecap that flares up.)

#21164 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Cheers for the advice. I went to sit down before, got back up and the pain has vanished :mellow: Still get the odd twinge from it but there's no pain when I'm walking about. Will see how it is tomorrow but it's looking quite decent now. (There're no signs of harms externally; it's literally inside towards the bottom of my kneecap that flares up.)

Keep it elevated just in case, and iced if you have any

#21165 Keely

Keely

First lady of the Football League.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,832 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Had a very strange interview last night. It was going okay till the manager walked in and I explained to him my situation and he asked about my relationship. He then got talking about Cool Runnings. I also got asked if I was a Capitalist and got asked if I knew someone.

#21166 adziom

adziom

Stick That

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts
  • Favourites:Everton, Cambridge United
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Right, I have to get back from Wembley on Sunday 23rd March following the FA Trophy final, which kicks off at 3pm, and so could go on until almost 6pm if there's extra time and penalties, then there's a trophy ceremony to stay and watch if Cambridge manage to win etc. etc. and I have to be back in Lancaster at 9am on Monday morning. Obviously I can't get trains back without dossing in some train station so it looks as if I'll be getting a coach back on the Sunday night. I've looked on the National Express website and there's one at 7pm which costs about £20, I'd have to change in Birmingham and I'd get back to Lancaster at around 3am.

This is the first time I've made a cross country trip where I can't really rely on the trains so can anyone give me any other suggestions? Is there anywhere better to look for coaches?

#21167 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Right, I have to get back from Wembley on Sunday 23rd March following the FA Trophy final, which kicks off at 3pm, and so could go on until almost 6pm if there's extra time and penalties, then there's a trophy ceremony to stay and watch if Cambridge manage to win etc. etc. and I have to be back in Lancaster at 9am on Monday morning. Obviously I can't get trains back without dossing in some train station so it looks as if I'll be getting a coach back on the Sunday night. I've looked on the National Express website and there's one at 7pm which costs about £20, I'd have to change in Birmingham and I'd get back to Lancaster at around 3am.   This is the first time I've made a cross country trip where I can't really rely on the trains so can anyone give me any other suggestions? Is there anywhere better to look for coaches?

megabus and national express fun fares for cheaper tickets. Why can't you get a train back?

#21168 adziom

adziom

Stick That

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

megabus and national express fun fares for cheaper tickets. Why can't you get a train back?

Cheers.

The last train from Wembley that'll get me back to Lancaster without having to wait overnight at Crewe or Preston train stations is just before 6pm and I don't want to book that in case the match goes to extra time and I either have to miss the end or miss my train. I could get a slightly later train and reach Preston just before midnight and then get a taxi from there, but that's also gonna cost me £50-60 more than if I get the coach. The one remaining option is to stay with the rents in London (don't even know if they're staying or going home on the Sunday night) and then get a 5.30am train from London Euston, but even then that gets to Lancaster at half 8 and there's no way I'd make it to campus by 9 in that case.

#21169 HotelCalifornia

HotelCalifornia

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

There's a 2151 train to Manchester, due in 0100 if that helps. First train out towards Preston isn't until 0544 though. That said, there are a lot of worse places to be stuck overnight than Manchester...

Edit - £8 Megabus leaving London at 0100 on Monday, arrives at Lancaster Uni 0840. Failing that, there's a 2100 on the Sunday, arriving at 0300.

Edited by HotelCalifornia, 05 March 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#21170 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Cheers.   The last train from Wembley that'll get me back to Lancaster without having to wait overnight at Crewe or Preston train stations is just before 6pm and I don't want to book that in case the match goes to extra time and I either have to miss the end or miss my train. I could get a slightly later train and reach Preston just before midnight and then get a taxi from there, but that's also gonna cost me £50-60 more than if I get the coach. The one remaining option is to stay with the rents in London (don't even know if they're staying or going home on the Sunday night) and then get a 5.30am train from London Euston, but even then that gets to Lancaster at half 8 and there's no way I'd make it to campus by 9 in that case.

Sundays are hard work travel wise.

#21171 adziom

adziom

Stick That

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Sundays are hard work travel wise.

Yep, went to Goodison for the Villa match the other week and I had all of Sunday to get back to Lancaster but not one train all day would take me there. The only route I could take was to get the train to one of the Warrington stations, walk across town, and get the next one from a different station. Wasn't any real bother, of course, but I did find it slightly bizarre that not one train on its way North from Liverpool on a Sunday made it to Lancaster/Preston.

There's a 2151 train to Manchester, due in 0100 if that helps. First train out towards Preston isn't until 0544 though. That said, there are a lot of worse places to be stuck overnight than Manchester...

Edit - £8 Megabus leaving London at 0100 on Monday, arrives at Lancaster Uni 0840. Failing that, there's a 2100 on the Sunday, arriving at 0300.

Thanks. Both of those buses are better options than the 7pm National Express which required me to change at Birmingham. The 9pm one sounds ideal, I'll look into it.

#21172 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I reckon your only option is the 6pm train and just hope the match doesn't go to extra time. Just tough luck if it does

Edited by HalewoodToffee, 05 March 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#21173 Moaty

Moaty

ELITE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,462 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Fuck uni off, go on the sesh in London and get the train back on Monday.

#21174 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

this is the correct answer .

#21175 Smiley Culture

Smiley Culture

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • Location:Essex - where the sky is blue, the grass is green and the women are orange.
  • Country Flag

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Max Clifford has a tiny cock. 

#21176 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,407 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Max Clifford has a tiny cock. 

Did it taste good?

#21177 adziom

adziom

Stick That

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

:lol:  I would have if I didn't have finals coming up in a matter of weeks (and if it wasn't a Sunday night with only my parents to join me).

#21178 Conor

Conor

Die Englische Dortmunder!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Have a gooden mate.

Thanks mate :)

#21179 Cannabis

Cannabis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts
  • Favourites:Messi, Beckham & Mirallas.
  • Country Flag

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Was surfing around YouTube watching football videos and came across this  :lol: .

Found this on Twitter too, what a tool  :lol: .

BiO5dsMIgAAOuvd.jpg

Edited by Cannabis, 08 March 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#21180 Keely

Keely

First lady of the Football League.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,832 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Only just started flat hunting but I already hate it. Other half is moving to Huddersfield and we're both looking but want different things from the place

Also

enhanced-11819-1394358267-5.jpg

#21181 StanLCFC

StanLCFC

Provehito in Altum

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,407 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

I saw something on Twitter which was a screenshot of someone saying that women should be DNA tested to see if the baby is really theirs. 

Some people just blow my mind away. For all the wrong reasons.

#21182 HotelCalifornia

HotelCalifornia

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

One going the rounds today on Twitter of a photo of a soldier who had half is face blown off whilst trying to defuse a bomb or something, and the girl posting it wrote a caption along the lines of 'Bet he wished he died instead of looking like that'.

#21183 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Any of the London lads recommend a decent hotel in the Shoreditch/Liverpool St Station area and is there any like comedy clubs in the area? cheers

#21184 Moaty

Moaty

ELITE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,462 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

I left school in 2007 and this weekend my year group are having a reunion. Not that I will be going like as I have the attitude of "if you're not gonna bother with me for 7 years why start now?" It's amazing how much my life has changed over the past few years, 3 years ago I was in uni and had a completely different set of mates (basically the ones I went to school etc with). I used to basically live for going to Football and getting pissed. Nowadays I feel like a different person, I am definitely a better person and overall think my life now is much better excluding one or two things that always worry me. Looking forward to the Summer more than I have any other though, keep banging on about it but gonna be mad as fuck and with a top set of lads.

#21185 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Any of the London lads recommend a decent hotel in the Shoreditch/Liverpool St Station area and is there any like comedy clubs in the area? cheers

thistle barbican five minute walk to shoreditch 20minutes to Liverpool st.

#21186 Cark

Cark

All you need is Warbs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,140 posts
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

A year ago I was worried about getting into this country due to the severe lack of funds. 2 years ago I was cleaning spunk out of shower drains. Weird how things change.

#21187 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

thistle barbican five minute walk to shoreditch 20minutes to Liverpool st.

Cheers, am i in a decent part of town?

#21188 TNT

TNT

Why is there a kangaroo below this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts
  • Favourites:Tim Cahill
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

A year ago I was worried about getting into this country due to the severe lack of funds. 2 years ago I was cleaning spunk out of shower drains. Weird how things change.

You'll be cleaning spunk out of shower drains again in no time mate don't worry.

#21189 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

Cheers, am i in a decent part of town?

invetween angel and shoreditch. Spoilt for choice with restaurants and bars. The west end pretty close on the bus.

#21190 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

invetween angel and shoreditch. Spoilt for choice with restaurants and bars. The west end pretty close on the bus.

Cheers, the west end is close on a what? Taxi for me mate

#21191 Rubix

Rubix

A clean young mess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Things do change quickly when you stop and think about it; a year ago I was jobless and it didn't seem like I was getting any closer to being employed. Now i've got two of the bastard things :lol:

A mate who's moving down here's suggested renting a flat/apartment together, sent me a few he's been looking at the other day. Irritatingly, because of the uncertainty surrounding one of my jobs, i'm not able to move anywhere yet. If I get to keep the one job I want to keep i'll be back on the hunt for another second job as I can't stand the one i've got at the minute. All if's and but's though.

#21192 AntonS

AntonS

Why so serious?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  • Favourites:Steven Gerrard Sami Hyypia Ian Rush Kenny Dalglish
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

West End isn't that far away, but.. this may interest you

http://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/

Not been there myself, but if you don't want to get away from an area that you kinda have a clue where your hotel is. Then this could be good.

Or, take the 19 bus from Angel station to Piccadilly Circus and then you can go anywhere. For the Comedy Store, get off at Piccadilly, go down Coventry Street, then onto Oxendon Street and you are there. 

Edited by AntonS, 11 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#21193 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

West End isn't that far away, but.. this may interest youhttp://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/ Not been there myself, but if you don't want to get away from an area that you kinda have a clue where your hotel is. Then this could be good. Or, take the 19 bus from Angel station to Piccadilly Circus and then you can go anywhere. For the Comedy Store, get off at Piccadilly, go down Coventry Street, then onto Oxendon Street and you are there.

Cheers, appreciated

#21194 goeasyefc

goeasyefc

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

cab will be about £12 from there. The London buses are sound .

#21195 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

cab will be about £12 from there. The London buses are sound .

Haven't got a bus in about 25yr mate, besides I can put the taxi fare through as a business expense. Cheers for help boh of you

#21196 Michael_TOON

Michael_TOON

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,608 posts
  • Favourites:Hatem Ben Arfa
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Business expense through your own cab firm, your office job or property empire?

#21197 deadlinesman

deadlinesman

W.A.B.H.O.B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 posts
  • Favourites:Irwin, Zidane, Buffon.
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

You meant licking spunk didn't you?

#21198 HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee

First Team

• Banned
  • 5,715 posts
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Business expense through your own cab firm, your office job or property empire?

No through my school trip, oh wait I have moved on from that as well

#21199 Cark

Cark

All you need is Warbs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,140 posts
  • Favourites:Paulo Di Canio, Dean Ashton, DJ Campbell
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

You meant licking spunk didn't you?

Can a man not clean and lick spunk in the privacy of his own home? God damnit