Photo
- - - - -

Atmosphere In The Bundesliga-stadiums

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

All those moments will be lost, like tears in rain!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,318 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
  • Favourites:Neven Subotic, Nuri Sahin, Mats Hummels
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

Kicker-Sportmagazine made a survey among the Bundesliga Players, which Bundesliga-Stadium has the best atmosphere. Results are:38, 2 % say the atmosphere is the best in Dortmund 20, 2 % Köln (Cologne) 17,1 % Hamburg 11, 8 % Schalke 6,1 % FrankfurtAnd Bayern's glory-hunters only got a few percent :D

#2 SchalkeUK

SchalkeUK

Schalke UK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07
  • Favourites:Still Ivan Rakitic, Mesut and Manu and Andy Beck!
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

Our games in Dortmund are always special and sitting up very near to God behind the goal is - although seeing little men on the pitch - about as good as it gets. Can understand the result, but in fairness to Gelsenkirchen, with 60 thousand in the stadium under the roof closed against the weather, the atmosphere can be very different to anywhere else - open it's just a stadium but closed!!! Anybody else feel that?

#3 Gravedigger

Gravedigger

Only black & white!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 22-July 08

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

Unfortunately, the only Bundesliga game I ever watched was HSV-Karlshrue at the begining of the season and it was really great atmosphere, so I would agree with HSV on that list. However, I honestly can`t believe that atmosphere is better, for example, on Frankfurt`s ground that on Gladbah`s!

#4 John Connor

John Connor

not of this earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts
  • Joined 30-July 08
  • Favourites:Wesley Sneijder, Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

for me it's, 1. arena aufschalke2. dormund westfallen3. hamburgbut all the stadiums and all the atmospheres in Bundesliga are the best in the world...

#5 K-TownClyde

K-TownClyde

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 18-May 08
  • Favourites:Srdan Lakic, Heiko Westermann, Benedikt Howedes, and Marcel Schmelzer.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

Rhein-Energie Stadion (Cologne) is simply fantastic.

#6 Diego Ribas da Cunha

Diego Ribas da Cunha

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Joined 16-December 04
  • Favourites:Frings and DIIII DI DI DI EEEE GOOOOO

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

schalke, dortmund, frankfurt.in hamburg, it only gets really loud when their nazi fans get a chance to boo a black player.and in munich, it only gets loud when 1860 are playing.

#7 liverbird v04

liverbird v04

Schalke Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,937 posts
  • Joined 26-November 07
  • Favourites:Fährmann, Goretzka, Huntelaar
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Hannover is quite poor. Well, it wasn't a big game (against Wolfsburg) but still I was not impressed.That was my first Bundesliga game live and I was quite disappointed . Almost no hype and atmosphere. It wasn't just the fans - also the architecture of the stadium didn't much help it. Very different to Arena auf Schalke.

#8 Scout FC

Scout FC

Because Your Mine, I Walk the Line

• Banned
  • 7,709 posts
  • Joined 27-July 07
  • Favourites:Mia Hamm

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

With our return to top flight next year no one holds a candle to Fritz Walter and this beautiful sound...

#9 picknicker6

picknicker6

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 19-May 08
  • Favourites:Carlos Eduardo

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

Kaiserslautern is definitly on my list even i can not really compare, but the Betzenberg is simply unique and i was blessed enough to see a couple of games (for example against Schalke (8000 Fans)). It is really an experience, but i also think german fans are pretty awesome smile.gif

#10 Shakermaker

Shakermaker

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Joined 13-February 08
  • Favourites:Every Hotspur, Tim Cahill & Xabi Alonso

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

If you don't have anything else that's a great achievement, Tsubasa. laugh.gifWhat a boring topic.

#11 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,318 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (DrasticFantastic @ Feb 22 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't have anything else that's a great achievement, Tsubasa. laugh.gif What a boring topic.
question.gif Nice contribution there Einstein. As you can see people discuss about it. So if it bores you, f*** off. Some people care about the atmospheres in their stadium and don't just sit on their asses all day and support their team from their cosy couch.

#12 Shakermaker

Shakermaker

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Joined 13-February 08
  • Favourites:Every Hotspur, Tim Cahill & Xabi Alonso

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Tsubasa @ Feb 22 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DrasticFantastic @ Feb 22 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't have anything else that's a great achievement, Tsubasa. laugh.gif What a boring topic.
question.gif Nice contribution there Einstein. As you can see people discuss about it. So if it bores you, f*** off. Some people care about the atmospheres in their stadium and don't just sit on their asses all day and support their team from their cosy couch.
It's not about the good supporter/bad supporter story it's about blowing one's own horn.

#13 xsky

xsky

Sunday League

• +Trialist
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 23-February 09

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

lol @ bayern not being in there

#14 Tsubasa

Tsubasa

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,318 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (xsky @ Feb 23 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bayern has one of the worst atmospheres in the Bundesliga. They got a great stadium, but the supporters are....no supporters lol. They only cheer when their team is 15:0 upfront, or they boo when they are not 5:0 upfront after 5 minutes. Glory-Hunter-Fans :P

#15 Red_Dog

Red_Dog

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (SV Werder Bremen @ Feb 18 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
schalke, dortmund, frankfurt.in hamburg, it only gets really loud when their nazi fans get a chance to boo a black player.and in munich, it only gets loud when 1860 are playing.
Nazi fans laugh.gif Hamburg fans don't mix politics in their support, as opposed to Scheiss Bremen.I don't see why Schalke should be in that list, they have a artificial atmosphere, the stadium--speaker basically tells them what to sing or do.

#16 Diego Ribas da Cunha

Diego Ribas da Cunha

Reserves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Joined 16-December 04
  • Favourites:Frings and DIIII DI DI DI EEEE GOOOOO

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Red_Dog @ Feb 23 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nazi fans laugh.gif Hamburg fans don't mix politics in their support, as opposed to Scheiss Bremen.I don't see why Schalke should be in that list, they have a artificial atmosphere, the stadium--speaker basically tells them what to sing or do.
i will submit your post in the "dumbest post of the year" thread.hamburg fans regularly boo black players, even their own. here's an example of poor atouba:That is also the reason why any decent person in Hamburg supports St Pauli.Bremen fans are neither right nor left by the way. We are a people's club.And the stadium announcer at Schalke doesn't say anything. The "capo" does but that's how it works with ultras everywhere right? Have you ever been to a stadium?

#17 Sandmännchen

Sandmännchen

Sunday League

• +Trialist
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 10-February 09
  • Favourites:Thomaschewski, Doll, Lenz, Thom, Beckenbauer, Matthäus, Völler

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

Seems like he hasn't been. That's the thing though, the years of sell-out crowds, chanting, singing along, having a blast are gone; in return millions of Euro are spent instead buying corporate seats and boxes, people coming to the game because "it's the thing to do".Football has certainly lost some of its touch, many of the real fans will now stay at home, due to the amount of money they would have to dish out in order to go to the stadium. I think atmosphere in the Bundesliga and throughout European football stadiums will only deterioate as the time goes on.

#18 SchalkeUK

SchalkeUK

Schalke UK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Red_Dog @ Feb 23 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please contact me!!!!!!!

#19 archetype

archetype

Die Maschine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts
  • Joined 10-February 08
  • Favourites:Messi
  • Country Flag

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (xsky @ Feb 23 2009, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol at you.

#20 SchalkeUK

SchalkeUK

Schalke UK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

I've watched one or two games with the Hoffenheim kids in their new place on TV. I know it's never the same, but the noise seems to be continuous - anyone actually been there care to comment - or is it just the TV engineers tuirning their knobs up??? shutup.gif

#21 Red_Dog

Red_Dog

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (SV Werder Bremen @ Feb 23 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Red_Dog @ Feb 23 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will submit your post in the "dumbest post of the year" thread.hamburg fans regularly boo black players, even their own. here's an example of poor atouba:That is also the reason why any decent person in Hamburg supports St Pauli.Bremen fans are neither right nor left by the way. We are a people's club.And the stadium announcer at Schalke doesn't say anything. The "capo" does but that's how it works with ultras everywhere right? Have you ever been to a stadium?
I'm well aware of what a Capo is, I'm talking about stuff like that dirge of a clubsong they have, it's an absolute joke.As far as Ultras go, Schalke are a disgrace.Hamburg are not racist fans (Of course you will always have different opinions, but their Ultras are apolitical), but I don't think it will get through to you.And no decent person supports St Pauli, only junks, hippies and extreme left winged morons do.Also: Werder fans are not political ?

#22 Red_Dog

Red_Dog

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

Also (Still can't edit posts...), the Atouba thing has nothing to do with racism.He is a shit player who caused several goals by his stupid defending, so the fans started booing him because he is just crap, after that he puts up his middlefinger.Or can't you criticise a player just because he is black ?

#23 SchalkeUK

SchalkeUK

Schalke UK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Red_Dog @ Mar 2 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also (Still can't edit posts...), the Atouba thing has nothing to do with racism.He is a shit player who caused several goals by his stupid defending, so the fans started booing him because he is just crap, after that he puts up his middlefinger.Or can't you criticise a player just because he is black ?
If that is the case, My 'love' for Gerald which is well vented in the Bl threads is really going to get me into depper sxxx than you could possible imagine. He could be green with bright yellow spots but he is still a totally useless lump which makes my total dislike for the red-headed dirtiest little basxxxx at Old Trafford irrelevant.And I think he's a shade of white.....

#24 Red_Dog

Red_Dog

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

By the way, I read your message but can't send PM's... ;)

#25 SchalkeUK

SchalkeUK

Schalke UK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07
  • Country Flag

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Red_Dog @ Mar 2 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, I read your message but can't send PM's... ;)
Not to worry - next time I'm in Oude Bosuilbaan we'll have a glass or two - I still remember the saying 'Mijn huis is waar mijn Stella staat' but most of it was consumed in Hertstraat in Oostende where my friend Gerd had a travel agency. Please don't send anything in Flemish if you reply - I can just manage to order the beer and swear a little, but after God verdomme I'm rubbish.

#26 Red_Dog

Red_Dog

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

I live in Dublin at the moment, so erm... :PBut I tend to go back on occassions.

#27 sportfriend

sportfriend

the Badner-Calabrese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts
  • Joined 22-January 05

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Frankfurt has the strongest support in my opinion...but for me you can pick any of these teams after that (no order)Dynamo DresdenHansa Rostock (both teams really struggle with Stadium bans at the moment...) Hamburg DortmundSchalke (more so their away support, only the ultras seem to be consistent at home)KaiserlauternNürnbergKoelnSt.Pauli but really without the ultras that everybody complains about...German stadiums would lose a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users